Your team v Brentford

12 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Very true, my concern is that Pelupessy is classed as good enough by Monk.

Does alot of the donkey work that fans dont always see and managers appreciate.  If we have money to buy better Monk would but he isnt half as bad as everyone make out.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Does alot of the donkey work that fans dont always see and managers appreciate.  If we have money to buy better Monk would but he isnt half as bad as everyone make out.

He just doesn't get involved no where near enough. When he does he is neat and tidy or makes a decent challenge but its the when he does. We have had much worse players but I don't remember one who was always as anonymous. 

Depends who is fit, a few looked out on their feet at the end on Wednesday. Fox in particular, who has only recently returned from injury and still building up fitness. 

Being pragmatic and assuming those who went off on Wednesday injured, aren't available and managing those returning from injury....

Dawson

Urhoghide       Iorfa       Lees        Palmer

Hunt         Bannan         Windass

Murphy       Wickham           FF

(Ideally Borner, Lee, Fox and Fletcher would all be starting if fit enough)

Edited by striker

Brentford are very good on the ball and have a pacey team all over the pitch. They generally play a 4-3-3 so I think we'll have to go 4-5-1 to make sure they don't overrun the midfield. Palmer and Fox will be pinned back by their wide forwards so we won't be able to push them up. Fletcher or Nuhiu up top with the wingers counter attacking is our best bet.

Wildsmith (His shot stopping was good vs City and will need to do this again)

Palmer     Iorfa        Borner           Fox

Lee/Windass Bannan Pelupessy

Harris                                                    Murphy

Fletcher

Edited by CF_Owl
  • Like 1

Guest LittleG
1 hour ago, pazowl55 said:

I don't like to have a go at players but he really is as bad as most people think. 

10 minutes ago, LittleG said:

I don't like to have a go at players but he really is as bad as most people think. 

Wouldnt keep getting picked if he was. Decided to sign 3 forward players in January because apart from Fletcher and possibly Forestieri they are that bad. Not one central midfielder signed even though he knew he wasnt going to be playing Hutchinson.

Like I said not half as bad as he is made out to be.

Guest wilyfox

No idea. Doubt Monk has either. No Lee or Hutch. Probly too soon for Luongo. Hunt & Bannan can't fill a pair of big boy trousers between them, and i cringe at the thought of playing Joey Pelupussinboots.

Hard work givin a monkeys after this run. Would love to see some actual football being played to start with. Who starts won't matter, depends on how Monk sends/sets the team out. 

Edited by Guest

1 hour ago, CF_Owl said:

Wildsmith (His shot stopping was good vs City and will need to do this again)

What about the one he let through his hand for a goal.  Dawson is a good shot stopper also probably better.

Guest LittleG
13 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Wouldnt keep getting picked if he was. Decided to sign 3 forward players in January because apart from Fletcher and possibly Forestieri they are that bad. Not one central midfielder signed even though he knew he wasnt going to be playing Hutchinson.

Like I said not half as bad as he is made out to be.

To not sign another midfielder in January may not have been the correct decision; perhaps the club expected Luongo and/or Reach to be back by now.

30 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

What about the one he let through his hand for a goal.  Dawson is a good shot stopper also probably better.

It's a difficult one yes. I think it would be a good chance to rest Dawson for a game and reward Wildsmith for a decent performance on Wednesday. I wouldn't say I'm 100% confident about either of them.

5 minutes ago, CF_Owl said:

It's a difficult one yes. I think it would be a good chance to rest Dawson for a game and reward Wildsmith for a decent performance on Wednesday. I wouldn't say I'm 100% confident about either of them.

Dawson's rest came against Man City.

Think its sends the wrong message to him to drop him considering Wildsmith made a mistake for the goal. 

At least Dawson now knows he has competition where as he didn't before as Westwood wasn't going to play.

9 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Think its sends the wrong message to him to drop him considering Wildsmith made a mistake for the goal. 

At least Dawson now knows he has competition where as he didn't before as Westwood wasn't going to play.

Fair point. I'm not bothered which one starts to be honest. Also, I think Monks tactics mean Dawson gets exposed a lot more than he should. For a defensive coach I expected his formations to be more defensive, especially as the players can't seem to do the basics at the moment. Defensive football AND conceding goals is a road to disaster. I would like to see us try 5 at the back. If we're going to defend our way out of this rut then lets do it properly. Could always go 5-3-2 or 5-2-3 and try and go direct to the likes of Fletcher and Nuhiu or the diagonals to the wide men.

2 minutes ago, CF_Owl said:

Fair point. I'm not bothered which one starts to be honest. Also, I think Monks tactics mean Dawson gets exposed a lot more than he should. For a defensive coach I expected his formations to be more defensive, especially as the players can't seem to do the basics at the moment. Defensive football AND conceding goals is a road to disaster. I would like to see us try 5 at the back. If we're going to defend our way out of this rut then lets do it properly. Could always go 5-3-2 or 5-2-3 and try and go direct to the likes of Fletcher and Nuhiu or the diagonals to the wide men.

Miss the likes of Reach and Luongo they are both good in the defensive to attacking transitions. They are our link players between the defence and attack.  Think once they are back and along with Fox and Fletcher we will start to look alot better.

Wildsmith

Palmer      Iorfa     Börner

Murphy  Bannan    Hunt    Fox

Windass

Forestieri     Fletcher

Subs

Dawson

Urhoghide

Lees

Wickham

Winnall

26 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Bit harsh calling it a mistake by Wildsmith only almost getting a hand on Agueiro's low shot. He dropped down and almost caught it but it flicks over and unluckily loops over and bounces in. A mistake would be like the shot Liverpool conceded v Chelsea :)

Wildsmith had a great game v City

11 men behind the ball, defend, and kick it anywhere long to get rid and get ready for more defending. 

Glimmer of hope a long clearance might fall to Da Cruz or FF to do something with. 

Or something different?