WILDSMITH

6 minutes ago, BRADDO said:

Agree with this. How the feck does he expect us to somehow keep possession enough to actually move forward with any sort of threat. Bizarre. 

He’s not only clueless but has given up the ghost entirely now. Waiting to be sacked or simply walking away in the summer. It’ll be one or the other.

Barring the slight error for the goal I’ve been impressed. A few good saves and the Mendy one which was fantastic. Distribution is also much better than Dawson. Deserves a run surely 

excellent to do that against a top side the fingertip one onto the bar and the point blank saves +seeing them off when there were three onto one with a save ,the kid gave himself many brownie points tonight , if Monk drops him on Saturday ,then Monk needs his cases and a taxi on Sunday 

If Dawson let’s that goal in he gets pelters. We know it’s true, but some won’t admit it. 

I’d be happy with either of them in goal. The quicker Westwood is gone for good the better for all involved. 

Thought he had a decent game. Kicking / distribution is so much better than Dawson's

Should have done better for the goal but having not played for year and half against a world class team, it's understandable him being rusty and probably nervy too

7 hours ago, Owls2k said:

If Dawson let’s that goal in he gets pelters. We know it’s true, but some won’t admit it.  

Absolutely.

No complaints about Wildsmith last night, but people are overlooking that we actually put in a decent defensive performance which protected him. Wildsmith didn't actually have a whole lot to do.

8 hours ago, Owls2k said:

I’d be happy with either of them in goal. The quicker Westwood is gone for good the better for all involved. 

Funny you're answering questions about goalkeepers now!

Thought he did very well. He made 1 exceptional save and another which I would class as very good plus some other elementary saves. Distribution was much better. He will be disappointed by the goal but overall he should be happy with his performance.

9 hours ago, Owls2k said:

Totally agree. Social Media and Owlstalk would be in absolute meltdown if Dawson conceded that ... coronovirus jokes, flapper, biscuit wrists, worst keeper we've had, can't do this, can't do that etc ...

Wildsmith comes in and does a good job and probably deserves a run of games however, no disputing that. Give Dawson a break from the boo boys and to get his head back on the game. I still think overall, Dawson is the better keeper but Wildsmith does deserve a chance

18 minutes ago, Hack-Abusi said:

Totally agree. Social Media and Owlstalk would be in absolute meltdown if Dawson conceded that ... coronovirus jokes, flapper, biscuit wrists, worst keeper we've had, can't do this, can't do that etc ...

Wildsmith comes in and does a good job and probably deserves a run of games however, no disputing that. Give Dawson a break from the boo boys and to get his head back on the game. I still think overall, Dawson is the better keeper but Wildsmith does deserve a chance

All about opinions but personally I think we’d have conceded 2 or 3 last night with Dawson in goal.

Wildsmith made a couple of excellent saves in the second half.

City had 9 shots on target last night, Dawson’s save percentage over the last two seasons is 64% so going by the stats you’d have expected him to concede more than 1