WILDSMITH

13 hours ago, Maxine said:

Wow he was brilliant tonight. 

steady on ,I think we must have very low standards due to how bad dawson and westwood have been. he did better than what I thought though , but cost us the goal and made another error what nearly led to a goal , but considering everything and how bad he has been for u23s and playing against a team like city I thought he did really well. 

Guest Maxine
14 minutes ago, handworth52 said:

steady on ,I think we must have very low standards due to how bad dawson and westwood have been. he did better than what I thought though , but cost us the goal and made another error what nearly led to a goal , but considering everything and how bad he has been for u23s and playing against a team like city I thought he did really well. 

I thought he did better than that some of his saves were excellent. 

4 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

Fully deserves to start against Brentford imo. Made a few good saves last night against one of the best teams in Europe. Think it would be a poor decision and send out a bad message from Monk if he drops him after last night. 

...and you would never expect a poor decision from Monk now would you?

Joe's gonna be England no 1 it's nailed on now, he's grown a bit of facial hair and the pony tails growing quickly..... 

He's now morphing into David Seamen. 

Joking aside thought he did well last night, if I'm being critical could have done better on a couple of occasions, but overall solid and looked more confident then he did last time he had a run in the first team. 

13 hours ago, Owls2k said:

If Dawson let’s that goal in he gets pelters. We know it’s true, but some won’t admit it. 

I’d be happy with either of them in goal. The quicker Westwood is gone for good the better for all involved. 

Probably an unpopular remark with quite a few on here bud, but I tend to agree that the Westwood situation has maybe hindered both Dawson and wildsmiths development, made worse by some thinking we should be chasing autos which was never really going to be the case. 

A large percentage of our fans are unbelievably short sighted and over reactionary.

Joe did ok last night. The saves he made were probably saves you'd expect any professional to make. He was though at fault for the goal and got away with another one. His distribution on occasions was also not great. At the end when he threw the ball straight out for example.

He's also not been fantastic for the under 23's. But after one game so many are now saying he has to be our number 1, it's madness. It's only a couple of months ago when Dawson was loved and folk were crying out for him to get a new contract. Now he's practically being tossed onto the rubbish pile by some

45 minutes ago, bazapeps said:

A large percentage of our fans are unbelievably short sighted and over reactionary.

Joe did ok last night. The saves he made were probably saves you'd expect any professional to make. He was though at fault for the goal and got away with another one. His distribution on occasions was also not great. At the end when he threw the ball straight out for example.

He's also not been fantastic for the under 23's. But after one game so many are now saying he has to be our number 1, it's madness. It's only a couple of months ago when Dawson was loved and folk were crying out for him to get a new contract. Now he's practically being tossed onto the rubbish pile by some

Absolutely this

I like Wildsmith and I thought he would progress more when he first came into the team. Injuries and loss of from have conspired.

As for last night. He did OK. He made some routine saves and a few good ones but nothing spectacular. He was at fault for the goal too. As some have already said if Dawson lets that in he gets lambasted.

With some of our fans Wildsmith is now a saviour and  Dawson is useless. Neither of which are true.

Based on last night Wildsmith probably deserves to keep his place overall, Going forward my money is on Dawson to be better of the two. It would be ideal if they could both fulfil their clear potential and push each other to the limit for the good of the team in years to come.

I don't think he was at fault, so to speak.... But could have done better with it.

It's not like he kicked the ball directly to an opponent, that's what I class as "at fault".

Surely Wildsmith is only as much as at fault as Big Dom was, as he allowed Aguero to turn him and get a shot off

6 minutes ago, Burnsie said:

I don't think he was at fault, so to speak.... But could have done better with it.

It's not like he kicked the ball directly to an opponent, that's what I class as "at fault".

Surely Wildsmith is only as much as at fault as Big Dom was, as he allowed Aguero to turn him and get a shot off

Getting turned by one of the best centre forwards in Premier League history or letting the ball from a decent but saveable shot spin off of your hand?

I’d seriously question that makes Iorfa as much at fault

Speaking of Iorfa, my man of the match for us.