• Murphy
    • Lee
    • Wickham
    • Forestieri
    • Harris
    • Fletcher
    • Nuhiu
    • Da Cruz

FF was a menace and looked promising, shooting way off. 

Fletcher looked like he hasn’t been away, we have half missed him.

Bannan/Lee - in the middle worked and Lee is slowly looking like being more creative and sharper.

Overall a win and clean sheet is brilliant and deserved. That should give them plenty of confidence.

Dawson    -    6    Very little to do

Palmer   -    6    OK

Lees    -    7.5    Poor first half, especially his "distribution" , much better second, great block near end

Borner    -    7    Similar to Lees

Fox    -    6    OK

Murphy    -    5.5    Underwhelming for me, pushed off ball far too easily

Lee    -    7    Much more like it

Bannan    -    7.5    Played well, a lot more incisive , noticeably far fewer long floaty hopeful passes

Harris    -    5    Pretty poor

Wickham    -     5    Still looks a long way off

Forestieri    -    7    Full of energy and one of the few who played both halves,  but decison making and finishing was poor

Strange old game, we fully deserved the win but it has to be said that Charlton were woeful for the most part and our "shape" or lack of it is still a problem and we only really looked something like once Fletcher came on.

Liked the look of Adam Matthews their right back who is out of contract at the end of the season

6 minutes ago, sheriwozgod said:

Dawson    -    6    Very little to do

Palmer   -    6    OK

Lees    -    7.5    Poor first half, especially his "distribution" , much better second, great block near end

Borner    -    7    Similar to Lees

Fox    -    6    OK

Murphy    -    5.5    Underwhelming for me, pushed off ball far too easily

Lee    -    7    Much more like it

Bannan    -    7.5    Played well, a lot more incisive , noticeably far fewer long floaty hopeful passes

Harris    -    5    Pretty poor

Wickham    -     5    Still looks a long way off

Forestieri    -    7    Full of energy and one of the few who played both halves,  but decison making and finishing was poor

Strange old game, we fully deserved the win but it has to be said that Charlton were woeful for the most part and our "shape" or lack of it is still a problem and we only really looked something like once Fletcher came on.

Liked the look of Adam Matthews their right back who is out of contract at the end of the season

Agree with this review.

Bannan MoM but would like to add that I thought Charlton were poor, a stronger midfield will totally overrun Lee and Bannan.

Great to see Fletcher back, Wickham can't play the role Fletcher does but we might see a better Wickham alongside Fletcher.

FF played like a man possessed but his shooting was abysmal, he looked like he had the boots on the wrong feet.

I thought bar Wickham, Harris and Fox all played as well as they have for a while.

Lee looked more like his old self and full of energy

I thought it was Palmer's most assertive game for a long while, with him being on the front foot both defensively and attacking wise (final ball still a bit off what should be required)

Lees and Borner were solid enough

With Murphy and FF looking a threat 

Fletcher showed in the small time he was on how much better he is than anything else we have up top.

Would like to see him and Da Cruz up top with FF on the left 

Very noticeable improvement with Fox having a decent game in defence and supporting the attacks down the left.

Fletcher did more in the 15 minutes he was on the pitch than the rest of the strike force had done since Christmas.

However, it was a laboured victory with the team working so hard and the performance deserved so much more. The response of the Charlton team after the goal summed it all up - nil-nil would have been a disgraceful result.

Well there you go, looking at the voting it makes you wonder really why the best player on the pitch by miles, is way down the list. Forestieri tried much harder than he has in the last two and a half years but only had one decent effort on goal in each half several weak efforts and one soft chip. As a striker that should be the bare minimum, not a "man of the match" performance and he would have been on side for a couple of other moves if he could have been bothered to run or jog back instead of walking like he'djust run a marathon. I would pair him up with Lee, when they do the running in training, because, despite his hip operation Lee is starting to cover the same amount of ground that he used to before his hip problem.

Fletcher came on for a lot less time than Forestieri and had more chances on target and contributed as much if not more, without the goal. He even started off one move by battling out on the wing before linking up well and ghosting into the box for an effort which the goalie just managed to tip round the post. We all know that Tom Lees gets unecessary stick, but he led the team by example last night and I thought he was by far the best player on the pitch. He is a defender yet srill managed two good attempts at goal and apart from an amazing block to prevent a certain goal from Taylor, he headed tackled and intercepted everything that came through, with some good work from Borner, Palmer and Fox, too, they limited Charlton to just one half chance from their nippy young player and a long range effort from Taylor which hit the bar. An awesome display from Lees I thought.

Lees 8 

Lee 7

Bannan 7

Forestieri 7

Borner 7

Palmer 7

Murphy 7

Fletcher 7

Fox 6

Harris 6

Dawson 6

Nuhiu 6

Da Cruz 6

Wickham 5

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ferkorf said:

Forestieri again, 

Quality player

Has far too many haters on here.

No he doesn't, what a ridiculous statement! Just because he has finally started putting a shift in after 2 or 3 years of messing the club and the fans around with his lack of effort, does not mean he is suddenly our best player. Fans do not like to see talented players taking the p!ss and even his own team mates have said that Forestieri needed to up his game and put more effort in. His skill is unquestionable, whether he chooses to grace us with it is up to him and how hard he is prepared to work for the fans and for his team mates. I am pretty sure that all Wednesdayites would love to see him putting that kind of effort in more often and maybe then he can get his shooting power and accuracy back and cut out the slow walking back when everybody else is sprinting back to defend, then having to wait for him and hold the ball up because he is stilll sauntering back from an offside position. 

Dawson - 7 - A fairly routine day at the office really. Little to do, but what he did, he did with little fuss. People will focus on the scuffed kick in the 2nd half, but it's a minor mistake. I do wish he'd just play for safety, especially at a time when those recent errors with the ball at his feet are fresh in the mind. I was really impressed with his quick, long throw outs to initiate counters.

Palmer - 7 - Seem to repeat myself week after week. Lacks quality when in good attacking positions. That said, I thought he defended very well last night. Came out on top of most duals, anticipated play well and intercepted a lot of forward balls. 

Lees - 8 - I've been really critical of him of late, and rightly so. But he was superb last night. Played positively... didn't look to stand off and cover, but actively looked to win balls and demonstrate dominance. Big performance from him. 

Borner - 7 - Played well alongside Lees. The odd lapse in concentration, but rarely troubled in reality.

Fox - 8 - We've really missed him. Strong defensively, won his duals with little fuss. But, especially in the 2nd half, became a really good option down the left flank. Great ball into Fletcher for the header which was wonderfully saved.

Bannan - 8 - Man of the Match - Carried on from where he left off on Saturday. Took the game by the scruff of the neck, and dictated the tempo. Was like a metronome in the centre of the park. Noticeably upped the tempo after about 20 minutes, and we never really dropped off it from that moment.

Lee - 8 - Could have easily got the Man of the Match again. These last two games, with Forestieri, Lee and Bannan combining, it's brought little flashes of memories back of the Carlos first season. All three are so comfortable on the ball, passing and moving with each other, but at the same time keeping it so simple. Absolutely love watching Lee play when he's playing like he is at the moment.

Murphy - 7 - Thought he had a really bright 1st half, and was a real threat. Faded 2nd half a touch, but to be fair, much of the play came down the left hand side after the break.

Harris - 6 - Opposite to Murphy really. Struggled in the 1st half to make an impact, and things weren't really going for him. But much brighter 2nd half before been replaced. 

Wickham - 6 - Can't fault his effort, but he just looks like he's lacking game time and sharpness. The difference between him and Fletcher when he came on, was startling.

Forestieri - 8 - Had it not been for his woeful finishing, he'd be runaway Man of the Match. A joy to watch last night. Finding pockets, drifting about, getting himself into good goalscoring positions. Just lacked a goal.

Fletcher - 8 - Brilliant cameo appearance, and really moved us up a notch when he was introduced. On for 20 minutes, and he had three really good chances...forcing the keeper into two great saves, and of course, scoring the last. Huge player to have back, and a big boost for the squad.

Da Cruz - 6 - Didn't find himself in too many dangerous positions, but couple glimpses of promise. Worked hard and did his defensive work well.

Nuhiu - 7 - He came on, and just caused chaos. If he isn't on the pitch, we don't score that goal. Charlton become so worried about his presence, they flock round him like bees around honey. 

Overall...

I was sat there on 90+2 minutes, genuinely gutted, because the players deserved so much more than it seemed they were going to get. When you're on a bad run like we are, you just want that victory...how you play is secondary. And after cruelly having it snatched away from them on Saturday, I thought after dominating a game like we did last night, playing as well as we did, it could be a real kick in the nads for the players, if they hadn't got the three points.

I'm struggling to think of a more deserved goal we've scored, of late to be honest. But to be honest, as delighted as I was with the goal, it felt the celebrations afterwards told us a lot. This squad is strong...it's still together, and there aren't the rifts within it that many would have you believe. And these players, are 100%, behind Gary Monk.

Thought Monk got his selection spot on. Lees may have been fortunate to start, but he made the most of his opportunity and put in a brilliant performance. Bannan and Lee continued their new life, and Forestieri is getting better.

Huge opportunity to continue this upturn in form on Saturday now. Derby's away form is really poor, and are prone to conceding soft goals. Another three points on Saturday would begin to right some of those wrongs we've seen since January.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Guest Bulgaria
3 minutes ago, frastheowl said:

Dawson - 7 - A fairly routine day at the office really. Little to do, but what he did, he did with little fuss. People will focus on the scuffed kick in the 2nd half, but it's a minor mistake. I do wish he'd just play for safety, especially at a time when those recent errors with the ball at his feet are fresh in the mind. I was really impressed with his quick, long throw outs to initiate counters.

Palmer - 7 - Seem to repeat myself week after week. Lacks quality when in good attacking positions. That said, I thought he defended very well last night. Came out on top of most duals, anticipated play well and intercepted a lot of forward balls. 

Lees - 8 - I've been really critical of him of late, and rightly so. But he was superb last night. Played positively... didn't look to stand off and cover, but actively looked to win balls and demonstrate dominance. Big performance from him. 

Borner - 7 - Played well alongside Lees. The odd lapse in concentration, but rarely troubled in reality.

Fox - 8 - We've really missed him. Strong defensively, won his duals with little fuss. But, especially in the 2nd half, became a really good option down the left flank. Great ball into Fletcher for the header which was wonderfully saved.

Bannan - 8 - Man of the Match - Carried on from where he left off on Saturday. Took the game by the scruff of the neck, and dictated the tempo. Was like a metronome in the centre of the park. Noticeably upped the tempo after about 20 minutes, and we never really dropped off it from that moment.

Lee - 8 - Could have easily got the Man of the Match again. These last two games, with Forestieri, Lee and Bannan combining, it's brought little flashes of memories back of the Carlos first season. All three are so comfortable on the ball, passing and moving with each other, but at the same time keeping it so simple. Absolutely love watching Lee play when he's playing like he is at the moment.

Murphy - 7 - Thought he had a really bright 1st half, and was a real threat. Faded 2nd half a touch, but to be fair, much of the play came down the left hand side after the break.

Harris - 6 - Opposite to Murphy really. Struggled in the 1st half to make an impact, and things weren't really going for him. But much brighter 2nd half before been replaced. 

Wickham - 6 - Can't fault his effort, but he just looks like he's lacking game time and sharpness. The difference between him and Fletcher when he came on, was startling.

Forestieri - 8 - Had it not been for his woeful finishing, he'd be runaway Man of the Match. A joy to watch last night. Finding pockets, drifting about, getting himself into good goalscoring positions. Just lacked a goal.

Fletcher - 8 - Brilliant cameo appearance, and really moved us up a notch when he was introduced. On for 20 minutes, and he had three really good chances...forcing the keeper into two great saves, and of course, scoring the last. Huge player to have back, and a big boost for the squad.

Da Cruz - 6 - Didn't find himself in too many dangerous positions, but couple glimpses of promise. Worked hard and did his defensive work well.

Nuhiu - 7 - He came on, and just caused chaos. If he isn't on the pitch, we don't score that goal. Charlton become so worried about his presence, they flock round him like bees around honey. 

Overall...

I was sat there on 90+2 minutes, genuinely gutted, because the players deserved so much more than it seemed they were going to get. When you're on a bad run like we are, you just want that victory...how you play is secondary. And after cruelly having it snatched away from them on Saturday, I thought after dominating a game like we did last night, playing as well as we did, it could be a real kick in the nads for the players, if they hadn't got the three points.

I'm struggling to think of a more deserved goal we've scored, of late to be honest. But to be honest, as delighted as I was with the goal, it felt the celebrations afterwards told us a lot. This squad is strong...it's still together, and there aren't the rifts within it that many would have you believe. And these players, are 100%, behind Gary Monk.

Thought Monk got his selection spot on. Lees may have been fortunate to start, but he made the most of his opportunity and put in a brilliant performance. Bannan and Lee continued their new life, and Forestieri is getting better.

Huge opportunity to continue this upturn in form on Saturday now. Derby's away form is really poor, and are prone to conceding soft goals. Another three points on Saturday would begin to right some of those wrongs we've seen since January.

I look forward to your match report more than I do the actual matches!

Keep it up.

11 hours ago, hugeowl said:

Kieran Lee 

magnificent first Half 

Baz 

Captain

Palmer 

Fletch 

FF 

Borner  

Dawson all did well 

All the rest good apart from 

Wickham what has happened to him 

Very good performance, should have been out of sight 

Great to see Fletcher in full flow again, just brings everything together 

It's all a cunning plan. Come here on loan to play games and get his sharpness back. Plays badly and looks like he's as sharp as a rusty chisel. At the end of the season we get offered him for £350k because he doesn't look up to the Premier league.

Signs for us. Comes home to the disgust of our fans and then next season he fires us to promotion.

Cunning plan completed.

OK it's a long shot but you've got to dream.lol

2 hours ago, Ante's Bubbly said:

Well there you go, looking at the voting it makes you wonder really why the best player on the pitch by miles, is way down the list. Forestieri tried much harder than he has in the last two and a half years but only had one decent effort on goal in each half several weak efforts and one soft chip. As a striker that should be the bare minimum, not a "man of the match" performance and he would have been on side for a couple of other moves if he could have been bothered to run or jog back instead of walking like he'djust run a marathon. I would pair him up with Lee, when they do the running in training, because, despite his hip operation Lee is starting to cover the same amount of ground that he used to before his hip problem.

Fletcher came on for a lot less time than Forestieri and had more chances on target and contributed as much if not more, without the goal. He even started off one move by battling out on the wing before linking up well and ghosting into the box for an effort which the goalie just managed to tip round the post. We all know that Tom Lees gets unecessary stick, but he led the team by example last night and I thought he was by far the best player on the pitch. He is a defender yet srill managed two good attempts at goal and apart from an amazing block to prevent a certain goal from Taylor, he headed tackled and intercepted everything that came through, with some good work from Borner, Palmer and Fox, too, they limited Charlton to just one half chance from their nippy young player and a long range effort from Taylor which hit the bar. An awesome display from Lees I thought.

Lees 8 

Lee 7

Bannan 7

Forestieri 7

Borner 7

Palmer 7

Murphy 7

Fletcher 7

Fox 6

Harris 6

Dawson 6

Nuhiu 6

Da Cruz 6

Wickham 5

Good post.

Ive said before, Lees gets more blocks and headers than you realise. At the matches I’m not always sure who got that last-gasp block or won that vital header. I get home, watch the highlights, and it’s so often Lees. Top player.