• Wickham
    • Forestieri
    • Harris
    • Fletcher
    • Nuhiu
    • Da Cruz

Guest Ferkorf
3 hours ago, Ante's Bubbly said:

No he doesn't, what a ridiculous statement! Just because he has finally started putting a shift in after 2 or 3 years of messing the club and the fans around with his lack of effort, does not mean he is suddenly our best player. Fans do not like to see talented players taking the p!ss and even his own team mates have said that Forestieri needed to up his game and put more effort in. His skill is unquestionable, whether he chooses to grace us with it is up to him and how hard he is prepared to work for the fans and for his team mates. I am pretty sure that all Wednesdayites would love to see him putting that kind of effort in more often and maybe then he can get his shooting power and accuracy back and cut out the slow walking back when everybody else is sprinting back to defend, then having to wait for him and hold the ball up because he is stilll sauntering back from an offside position. 

What a load of rubbish.

Again just proved theres always a hater waiting to slag him off yet its the other players who have been terrible whilst he has been out injured. Yet fickle fans still use him as a scapegoat.

You talk about hard work

Yet I've seen none from any of those players that were involved in the last what 10 games? 

Laughable....

47 minutes ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

Watching Forestieri at the moment is a bit like watching two lesbians going at it

Absolute joy to watch

Plenty of touches

Just no penetration

Funnily enough a bloke near us kept calling him Jill! "Nice one Jill", "Unlucky Jill", stuff like that and when his son asked "why Jill Dad" he replied "Dando" to blank looks from his lad!

• Haha 2

I thought Fernando had a decent first half, faded a little bit in second half and was subbed at the right time.  The praise in this thread is a little over the top, he wasn’t that good, but after some of the rubbish seen this season (including when we were winning) I think people can be forgiven for getting carried away at the first hint of flair and creativity.

15 hours ago, toooldforthis said:

I enjoyed the referee tonight. I thought he did very well. I thought he got to grips with the time wasting apart from right at the end when he asked US to get on with it, which, I have to say, was a little out of character. He added massively to the spectacle and made a thoroughly boring game much more interesting. So yes, a big shout out for the referee...jolly good chap. I’d have given him an almost perfect 10 if he’d blown for an innocuous foul instead of allowing a goal and all that time wasting celebration. He nearly spoiled it by not doing so. Still, apart from that, he was almost flawless.

I just love the wee wee tail ends that neg’d my original post without understanding the concept of irony...haha

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Ferkorf said:

What a load of rubbish.

Again just proved theres always a hater waiting to slag him off yet its the other players who have been terrible whilst he has been out injured. Yet fickle fans still use him as a scapegoat.

You talk about hard work

Yet I've seen none from any of those players that were involved in the last what 10 games? 

Laughable....

This says more about your perspective than anybody elses I'm afraid. Cant be bothered to find the articles, but there are plenty from different managers and one from Bannan talking about Dando's lazyness. If he hadn't given away needless free kicks, got himself booked for nothing and done enough to deserve a goal; he would gave had more people pick him out anx then he would have deserved it.

13 minutes ago, Ante's Bubbly said:

This says more about your perspective than anybody elses I'm afraid. Cant be bothered to find the articles, but there are plenty from different managers and one from Bannan talking about Dando's lazyness. If he hadn't given away needless free kicks, got himself booked for nothing and done enough to deserve a goal; he would gave had more people pick him out anx then he would have deserved it.

Wasn't Bananas remarks made more about his effort in training?

There aren't many games that he doesn't put the effort in, if all the players put the same amount of effort in as FF we would be significantly  higher up the table.

Guest Kagoshimaowl
20 hours ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

Taylor up front with Fletcher next season would be tasty!!

Are you stalking me now Ian? Not sure exactly how this gets negged! Although knowing you, you probably think Winnall is better than Lyle Taylor!

1 hour ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

Are you stalking me now Ian? Not sure exactly how this gets negged! Although knowing you, you probably think Winnall is better than Lyle Taylor!

Quoting yourself and asking if people are stalking you is interesting behaviour

Guest Kagoshimaowl
16 minutes ago, Ian said:

Quoting yourself and asking if people are stalking you is interesting behaviour

Answer the question then. Fortunately you have no clue at all about football so you disagreeing with me actually means I’m probably right!

12 minutes ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

Answer the question then. Fortunately you have no clue at all about football so you disagreeing with me actually means I’m probably right!

What question....why I would disagree with someone who thinks us having a forward pairing next season with a combined age of 63, one of which has played nearly 400 games in his career, 375 of which have been at a lower level than we are currently at

but hey he’s scored 7 goals from open play in the championship so he’s the answer to all our problems 

unbelievable that someone might disagree with that choice 

Edited by Ian

Guest Kagoshimaowl
16 minutes ago, Ian said:

What question....why I would disagree with someone who thinks us having a forward pairing next season with a combined age of 63, one of which has played nearly 400 games in his career, 375 of which have been at a lower level than we are currently at

but hey he’s scored 7 goals from open play in the championship so he’s the answer to all our problems 

unbelievable that someone might disagree with that choice 

So he’s not better than Winnall? Or Rhodes? Or Nuhiu? He was the most dangerous striker on the pitch yesterday until Fletcher arrived. I’ve no problem with bringing in younger strikers too as we are going to need at least 2 in the summer but Lyle Taylor on a free to partner Fletcher would be excellent business and you are a fool if you don’t think so.

3 minutes ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

So he’s not better than Winnall? Or Rhodes? Or Nuhiu? He was the most dangerous striker on the pitch yesterday until Fletcher arrived. I’ve no problem with bringing in younger strikers too as we are going to need at least 2 in the summer but Lyle Taylor on a free to partner Fletcher would be excellent business and you are a fool if you don’t think so.

Me and every premier and  championship Manager over the last 10 years, none of which decided to get him to play in the top 2 leagues.

so yes, I’m on the list with that lot labelled fools.....I bet they wish they had your knowledge 

if you’re going to be so precious about someone disagreeing with you about football I’m not sure Owlstalk is for you!

Lee was my MOM,once again industrious and worked his nads off allover the park.

Close thing with FF,whose gradually comming to the boil,didnt quite come off for the guy infront of goal last night,but cant be faulted for effort,great to see him back and firing,tad harsh to sub him off,hes light years ahead of Da Cruz quality wise,even after his lengthy absence.

Just a mention for Tom Lees as well,had a triffic game,and his last ditch defending was priceless,huge improvement on his show at Brum

Guest Kagoshimaowl
3 hours ago, Ian said:

Me and every premier and  championship Manager over the last 10 years, none of which decided to get him to play in the top 2 leagues.

so yes, I’m on the list with that lot labelled fools.....I bet they wish they had your knowledge 

if you’re going to be so precious about someone disagreeing with you about football I’m not sure Owlstalk is for you!

Forget it mate! I give up. Just glad you aren’t our manager. Enjoy the game on Saturday.

18 hours ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Wasn't Bananas remarks made more about his effort in training?

There aren't many games that he doesn't put the effort in, if all the players put the same amount of effort in as FF we would be significantly  higher up the table.

:1276983839_MonkHome:

Hilarious that! SF, KL, TL, AR, AN, MF or BB are the ones to look to for hard work and consistency, not FF! Even at his best he was inconsistent effort wise, depending on his mood. He struggles now to work hard for more than half the game in just half of the pitch! 

lol 

37 minutes ago, Ante's Bubbly said:

:1276983839_MonkHome:

Hilarious that! SF, KL, TL, AR, AN, MF or BB are the ones to look to for hard work and consistency, not FF! Even at his best he was inconsistent effort wise, depending on his mood. He struggles now to work hard for more than half the game in just half of the pitch! 

lol 

Completely disagree he might not be effective in some games but still applies effort

3 hours ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Completely disagree he might not be effective in some games but still applies effort

Isn’t that the bare minimum requirement of a professional footballer?

Name several of our current players who don’t apply effort so we have a reference to compare with.