• Lee
    • Wickham
    • Forestieri
    • Harris
    • Fletcher
    • Nuhiu
    • Da Cruz

Dawson - 6 Not really tested

Palmer - 6 Decent athlete, gets in really good positions, but his crossing lets him down

Lees - 7 Match saving block and won the first header for our goal

Borner - 6 Gets caught ball watching too much for my liking, lost their striker who almost scored but luckily his shot hit the bar

Fox - 7 Steady game, nice to have him back

Murphy - 6 At times he looks a real threat, but needs to do more

Lee - 7 Tireless perfomance, not at his best yet, but he is getting better

Bannan - 7 Man of the match for me, a couple of really cute passes to open Charlton up, could have had a couple of assists if we hadn't been so wasteful

Harris - 6 Makes the wrong choice time and time again, improved a bit second half, I thought the lad Mathews did a good job on him

Wickham - 6 Clearly not fit, more to come from him

Forestieri - 7 A box of tricks, lively all night, made the wrong choice a few times, and his shooting was way off, got to cut out the mardyness too, unnecessary booking

Special Mention for Fletcher, we looked a different team when he came on

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

Thought Forestieri was excellent, full of commitment and endeavour but can't give him man of the match due to the good chances he missed which nearly cost us two points. 

Fletcher can have man of the match, player of the month and player of the year now for me, ended an abysmal goal drought for us at home and reminded us all what we have been missing the past two months.

Hard to judge any of the back line or keeper as other than Taylor Charlton offered nothing. Credit to Lees for a great block 2nd half. We have looked shaky and made too many basic errors at the back lately so it was nice to see us get through a game without that. The back 4 should stay the same for the weekend.

Bannan played well and created 2 or 3 great chances. Lee did OK, its just a shame his body will now longer allow him to play the football that he brain is capable of.

Harris fairly quiet and Murphy not as effective as he has been recently but still put some decent balls in. 

Great to see us get a late winner for a change and well deserved, Charlton can have no complaints after time wasting from at least midway through the first half.

59 minutes ago, wiltonowl said:

Dawson  -5 ??

keeps a clean sheet ,been nothing wrong with his kicking last 3 games,and did not have to much to command.

Give it a rest !!!!@

A 5 is harsh I agree but his kicking is terrible. Kicked the first free-kick of the game 5 yards out of play in the first minute, kick another straight to their player when out of his goal in the second half and regularly kicks short, Nuhiu had a right go at him a couple of times.

Had nothing at all to do in terms of keeping goal, 1 tame free-kick on target and no dangerous crosses. His distribution from throwing was pretty good, far better than his kicking. 

19 minutes ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

Dawson - 6 Not really tested

Palmer - 6 Decent athlete, gets in really good positions, but his crossing lets him down

Lees - 7 Match saving block and won the first header for our goal

Borner - 6 Gets caught ball watching too much for my liking, lost their striker who almost scored but luckily his shot hit the bar

Fox - 7 Steady game, nice to have him back

Murphy - 6 At times he looks a real threat, but needs to do more

Lee - 7 Tireless perfomance, not at his best yet, but he is getting better

Bannan - 7 Man of the match for me, a couple of really cute passes to open Charlton up, could have had a couple of assists if we hadn't been so wasteful

Harris - 6 Makes the wrong choice time and time again, improved a bit second half, I thought the lad Mathews did a good job on him

Wickham - 6 Clearly not fit, more to come from him

Forestieri - 7 A box of tricks, lively all night, made the wrong choice a few times, and his shooting was way off, got to cut out the mardyness too, unnecessary booking

Special Mention for Fletcher, we looked a different team when he came on

Fairly close to my views. I thought Palmer was as good as Fox, if not slightly better. Fox still looked a game short, but he added balance. Murphy was better than Harris for me and deserved a 7. Ifpd have given Fessi and Bannan an 8, think they drove us on, but Fletch made such a difference and it was no surprise he scored, he could easily have had an hatrick and his attempts were the most dangerous

Edited by onlyonedavidhirst
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

A 5 is harsh I agree but his kicking is terrible. Kicked the first free-kick of the game 5 yards out of play in the first minute, kick another straight to their player when out of his goal in the second half and regularly kicks short, Nuhiu had a right go at him a couple of times.

Had nothing at all to do in terms of keeping goal, 1 tame free-kick on target and no dangerous crosses. His distribution from throwing was pretty good, far better than his kicking. 

Nuhiu having a go at someone for their kicking....the mind fecken boggles...

Bannan for me.

Could have had 3 assists - first half for Murphy, pass for FF and the ball over top for Fletch.

plus in the last 15 he won everything in the midfield and made some lovely turns and driving runs into the attacking third - thought he was fantastic 

Edited by Owly Mowly

Guest REDAs_biG_piECE

All of them great tonight with the notable exceptions of Dawson and Wickham.

Would pick a school girl and a chocolate fire guard in front of those pair

Westwood and Fletch from the start v Derby please and we’ve got a team back

UTO

Gone for Fletcher, not just because of the game changing performance showing Wickham up in the process, not just because of the goal, but also for the time wasting p take feigning to pick the ball up as it rolled away at the end with their defender in tow. Priceless 

"nobody told me there would be days like these!"

Guest Kagoshimaowl

Dawson 6 kicking is shitola but a clean sheet

Palmer 6 steady

Lees 8 was excellent. I’ve been a huge critic recently but brilliant block on Taylor which saves a goal and an assist for the goal

Borner 7 much better. Solid

Fox 7 decent and got forward to support too

Murphy 6 quieter than in recent games

Lee 7 all action. Done well last two games

Bannan 7.5 some lovely through balls. Goes missing defensively at times though

Harris 5 tried but Matthews had him in his pocket 

Forestieri 7  brilliant performance but can’t score higher as his shooting was garbage 

Wickham 5 one good knock down but struggled otherwise 

Fletcher 8 our talisman. On the pitch for less than 40 minutes and forced two brilliant saves and got the winner. Superb striker 

Nuhiu 7 helped created the goal by winning the initial free kick and causing havoc in the box

Da Cruz 6 some decent touches but not good enough to start for me

I thought we played really well but our finishing was terrible. Would have regretted it against a better side.

Guest Kagoshimaowl
1 hour ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Thought Forestieri was excellent, full of commitment and endeavour but can't give him man of the match due to the good chances he missed which nearly cost us two points. 

Fletcher can have man of the match, player of the month and player of the year now for me, ended an abysmal goal drought for us at home and reminded us all what we have been missing the past two months.

Hard to judge any of the back line or keeper as other than Taylor Charlton offered nothing. Credit to Lees for a great block 2nd half. We have looked shaky and made too many basic errors at the back lately so it was nice to see us get through a game without that. The back 4 should stay the same for the weekend.

Bannan played well and created 2 or 3 great chances. Lee did OK, its just a shame his body will now longer allow him to play the football that he brain is capable of.

Harris fairly quiet and Murphy not as effective as he has been recently but still put some decent balls in. 

Great to see us get a late winner for a change and well deserved, Charlton can have no complaints after time wasting from at least midway through the first half.

Taylor up front with Fletcher next season would be tasty!!

50 minutes ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

Forestieri 7  brilliant performance but can’t score higher as his shooting was garbage 

I thought we played really well but our finishing was terrible. Would have regretted it against a better side.

.what was brilliant about FF?  , how can he be  brilliant when  he created nothing and  missed 3 good chances and like you say it would have cost us the game against better opposites …

Guest Kagoshimaowl
2 hours ago, torryowl said:

.what was brilliant about FF?  , how can he be  brilliant when  he created nothing and  missed 3 good chances and like you say it would have cost us the game against better opposites …

Created nothing? Tha what? Didn’t you see the brilliant 1-2 with Bannan at the start of the second half? I’ll agree on his finishing today as it was poor but his performance was excellent.

Guest Kagoshimaowl
3 hours ago, torryowl said:

his free kick from down in the corner to find nuhiu 70 yards away played a big part in our win …...rock solid again tonight as per .

Apart from his first kick straight out of play and one straight to one of their players as per to steal your phrase which could have cost us a goal again. 
Rick solid my arse, he’s a pants goalkeeper mate but for a change I’d much prefer to focus on an excellent team performance and a good win.

8 hours ago, wiltonowl said:

Dawson  -5 ??

keeps a clean sheet ,been nothing wrong with his kicking last 3 games,and did not have to much to command.

Give it a rest !!!!@

Exactly...didn’t have much to do but:

- booted the first ball straight out of play

- booted another ball straight to a Charlton player and got out of jail by a poor touch, also duffed another kick straight to a Charlton player on the halfway line

- regularly struggled to clear the halfway line, he was kicking short all night

- at least two occasions where he clearly didn’t give any communication to defenders / should have claimed a simple ball and instead led to us being under pressure (think one might have even led to the Lees block)

So in a game where he has virtually nothing to do (which for me would be a 6) the little bit of work he had to do was hardly impressive = 5

Edited by McRightSide