Apathy or what?

1 minute ago, Pale Rider said:

Got to say can’t remember a quieter reaction to a game on here than today. Why is it?

1. Fans just happy to get a point after last few weeks. 

2. Fans just can’t be bothered?

Thoughts?

Weird, I actually contemplated going today, but decided at the last minute not to Logged onto Owlstalk about 2ish, saw the side, and never bothered to watch/follow the game, just checking the result at 5. Normally, if I haven’t been to the game, I will follow it on line, but today, I couldn’t be arsed. It was quite cathartic, I wasn’t angry, despite another winless game. Been reading stuff about the performance, trying to glean whether there were improvements. It was a bit weird, dispassionately looking for positives, rather than focussing on the more obvious negatives. Might try it again

• Like 2

The late leveller was a bit of a sickener, but only a bit since I've long steeled myself to the expectation that we won't hang on in games anymore.

Still, I was pleased by much our play going forward, and I'd probably feel more like crowing about it but for the fact it's not like there's much to play for right now, and that's only likely to change should we get a points deduction and we need the points to stay up.

36 minutes ago, Ian_D said:

Apathy, does that mean 'not pathy'?  

Apathy = without pathy, 'a' meaning without or lacking in.

Not pathy would be the opposite of pathy which would be 'anti'pathy.

You're welcome.

:biggrin:

Edited by Rev Owl

57 minutes ago, Pale Rider said:

Got to say can’t remember a quieter reaction to a game on here than today. Why is it?

1. Fans just happy to get a point after last few weeks. 

2. Fans just can’t be bothered?

Thoughts?

That’s an easy one; so called fans on here have got nothing to whinge about!

The disappointment for some on here must have been overwhelming. W@nkers

It’s not rocket science to realise that this present defence cracks under pressure in the final 10-15 mins of a game so any good opposition manager will brief his midfielders and forwards to exert as much pressure as possible and wait until we make the unbelievable mistakes and concede the goal that either loses the match or like today just gives us one point instead of all three.  

So when will this change cos once or twice is tolerable but the number of times this has happened this season is now passed a joke.

2 minutes ago, Stripes or die said:

That’s an easy one; so called fans on here have got nothing to whinge about!

The disappointment for some on here must have been overwhelming. W@nkers

On the contrary, wasn’t that one win 11 league games Plenty to moan about, I’d have thought