Apathy or what?

53 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

Every time I see us line up for a game with 2 of our best players for, available and unselected I lose a bit of hope and interest

Monk clearly doesn’t care about this season, why should I?

Westwood weren't available anyroad. 

He's injured again.

Just a bloke. Being dragged along in a world that moves too quick for it's own good.

1 hour ago, McRightSide said:

Every time I see us line up for a game with 2 of our best players for, available and unselected I lose a bit of hope and interest

Monk clearly doesn’t care about this season, why should I?

because you were supporting us long before he arrived and I would imagine will be doing so a lot longer than he sticks around for. I don't beleive he doesn't care, I just think he knows deep down he's not got what it takes and won't be here for any length of time. 

the team needs its supporters more when struggling, I'd rather fans be critical than apathetic.

3 hours ago, unkastav said:

Same as match... shiiite atmosphere

Hardly surprising. 

Our away support is a sack of cr@p volume wise compared to what it used to be like, even 6 / 7 years ago.

We're just the same as all other clubs now, only sing when we're doing well.

We used to be different and make noise no matter what

Edited by nickswfc
  • Haha 1

It is all just a big load of meh at the moment. 

This team and manager have pretty much killed off any enthusiasm in me. 

We threw it away again today and I was decidedly non plussed about the whole thing. It has happened so many times this season and my expectations are so low that it is hard to get overly upset. 

Within the space of 6 or 7 weeks we have pretty much thrown away our season. Bar a points deduction, we will be finishing somewhere between 12th and 15th. 

10 minutes ago, SiJ said:

It is all just a big load of meh at the moment. 

This team and manager have pretty much killed off any enthusiasm in me. 

We threw it away again today and I was decidedly non plussed about the whole thing. It has happened so many times this season and my expectations are so low that it is hard to get overly upset. 

Within the space of 6 or 7 weeks we have pretty much thrown away our season. Bar a points deduction, we will be finishing somewhere between 12th and 15th. 

Part of me wants someone to print this out and pass it to the players and manager, or pin it up in the dressing room.

This is the awful reality of where we are.

The club cant really expect fans to act or think any differently, too - even though we're all contractually obliged to turn up/tune in/ subject ourselves again and again and again...

The Fans are doing their part, the Players are not.  Owners, Managers, Staff, can only do so much, at some point, the Players have to do their part(s), they ain't doing their part.  I honestly believe the Wednesday Squad is quality, but they're just not motivated.  How much of the motivation-factor is down to the Management, both on and off the pitch?  How much is down to the Players?  How much is down to Politics? 

In any case, Wednesday probably has the most dedicated set of Fans in all of football, which is why the away-attendance is so noticed by other Clubs.  As long as SWFC has supporters, the Club will not die, never mind all the grief across the past 150+ years, Wednesday is here to stay.  Any Fan who doesn't want to support Wednesday, is quite free to change allegiance, but most DON'T. 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Pale Rider said:

Got to say can’t remember a quieter reaction to a game on here than today. Why is it?

1. Fans just happy to get a point after last few weeks. 

2. Fans just can’t be bothered?

Thoughts?

Actually I was happy with a point, at 3-2 on ninety minutes I thought we need another if we are going to win this, Murphy absolutely spunked that, I was more disappointed in that miss than the equaliser of which I had accepted as a matter of course 

7 hours ago, hirstyboywonder said:

because you were supporting us long before he arrived and I would imagine will be doing so a lot longer than he sticks around for. I don't beleive he doesn't care, I just think he knows deep down he's not got what it takes and won't be here for any length of time. 

the team needs its supporters more when struggling, I'd rather fans be critical than apathetic.

I get that.

However that doesn’t do me any favours when I come to the rest of my life.

Being critical ruins my weekend. Being apathetic at least allows me to kind of move on and forget about it

Thats what it’s come to under Monk

21 hours ago, Pale Rider said:

Got to say can’t remember a quieter reaction to a game on here than today. Why is it?

1. Fans just happy to get a point after last few weeks. 

2. Fans just can’t be bothered?

Thoughts?

Took me nearly a day to be arsed to reply. 

That is all.

• Haha 2