Press Conference

Just now, Hookowl said:

Yep.................................shouldn't allow people to talk on press conferences.

I actually agree with this.

Be great if they used a different medium to express their thoughts each week.

Week 1. Mime, preferably dressed in black and white like Marcel Marceus - be great watching him act out his formations and tactics.

Week 2. Art, ideally using Potatoes, making prints to show where FF is supposed to be playing.

Week 3. Air guitar

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 7

29 minutes ago, Great Big Galaa said:

I’ll probably get negged for this but dropping Dawson would be a step in the right direction. Strange that the likes of Iorfa and Borner who have been Top Drawer this season have struggled since good old cam pitched up regularly between the sticks :rolleyes:

Who would he play instead? Wildsmith seems to have been very poor for the U23's and he's already stated that Westwood is yet again injured.

20 minutes ago, royalowlisback said:

I actually agree with this.

Be great if they used a different medium to express their thoughts each week.

Week 1. Mime, preferably dressed in black and white like Marcel Marceus - be great watching him act out his formations and tactics.

Week 2. Art, ideally using Potatoes, making prints to show where FF is supposed to be playing.

Week 3. Air guitar

Not sure about this but there should be a Gary Monk poo omitter on the wall for when he makes his quotes they can be graded as how much he is lying to us once more.

Committee and pride in the shirt should be a bare minimum and both have been sadly missing for the last 4 or 5 games.

Ability of the players - i.e. playing your strongest team available - something we are clearly not doing with Pelupessy and to some extent Dawson playing over others.

Playing the full 90 minutes - how many time this season has GM not played the full 90 minutes, how many times does he need to change tactics or personal at half time, how many times will we fail to score in the first half of games.

There are so many problems with the team but so much of it stems from the team and player set up - which is the manager department.

If once again we fail against the next opponents or we have to once again make changes to formation, tactics or personnel at half time then for the love of my team DC need to go.

1 hour ago, Tommycraign10others said:

You say he has no track record. I would ask you why do you say that.
 A little research will show you he got Swansea to a record points total in the Premiership.

The Birmingham local paper quoted he got 5be team performing better than the sum of the parts 

At Middlesborough and Leeds his win ratio was in excess of 40%

It seems to me the problem might be elsewhere 

Sorry Mrs Monk but he took a good Swansea side and turned them into a poor Swansea side after a decent start.

Then he got sacked at Middlesborough, L**ds and Brum.

Then he took a Wednesday side that was challenging for promotion and turned them into one of the worst sides we've ever had.

His only track record is getting jobs way above his station and getting fired from them.

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, Great Big Galaa said:

I’ll probably get negged for this but dropping Dawson would be a step in the right direction. Strange that the likes of Iorfa and Borner who have been Top Drawer this season have struggled since good old cam pitched up regularly between the sticks :rolleyes:

agree, keeper needs a refresh, Westwood might've dropped a few clangers but defense has been terrible since Dawson playing...know what i mean. 

Edited by S1Owl

52 minutes ago, George said:

Sorry Mrs Monk but he took a good Swansea side and turned them into a poor Swansea side after a decent start.

Then he got sacked at Middlesborough, L**ds and Brum.

Then he took a Wednesday side that was challenging for promotion and turned them into one of the worst sides we've ever had.

His only track record is getting jobs way above his station and getting fired from them.

So sorry sonny George 

He walked from Leeds after a change in ownership. After Swansea’s best season they had a bad fun and he was sacked. Typical short termism that is keeping Wednesday struggling instead of coming to terms with underlying problems and solving them

I don’t think you would have had this opinion around Christmas.  

3 hours ago, agentwalker said:

What random formation is he going to try this week?

It's like a kid who's just got football manager, slapped in transfer bids for several strikers, had loads of them have come good and decided to ok the lot, then shove the lot in the side and hope for the best.

Any decent manager would have took a step back, sorted the defence from looking crap then gone from there. 

He didn’t sign Cherno Samba though did he? I think that’s where he’s gone wrong.

6 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

GARRY MONK - We have owed the supporters now for a while. I thought last week they were incredible, especially given the run we’re on, we know how much they love the club and we need to respond and give them something to be proud of 

In other words, please save my managerial career, I’m desperate.

6 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

GARRY MONK - We have owed the supporters now for a while. I thought last week they were incredible, especially given the run we’re on, we know how much they love the club and we need to respond and give them something to be proud of 

Poor sod! No wonder he cant win. Talk Sh!te get massacred by the masterminds of Owlstalk and Twitter. Tell the truth get massacred by the masterminds of Owlstalk and Twitter. Say nowt get massacred by the masterminds of Owlstalk and Twitter.

Carry on Monk, you are just the latest of DC's fall guys, almost backed up by the mighty Bullen and a couple of junior coaches, but given nothing but a slagging off from the special super fans of Sheffield Wednesday who never wanted you and will only support you when you have succeeded against their boos and moans. Welcome to DC;s big investment for our future in a return to the pub league.