Press Conference

1 hour ago, Nero said:

How about a team selection and tactics  that comes from what you learned getting your pro licence rather than something we played with on Sensible Soccer.

Hang on just a minute, didn't we on Owlstalk get our pro licence from Sensible Soccer? Are you suggesting we don't know what we're talking about??

Edited by bobness
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, George said:

I am normally one of the later adopters of the view that a manager needs to change. But Monk is clearly doing a poor job and has no track record to suggest he can do any better. The thought of him handing out the new contracts scares me. We have an oppotunity this summer but if we don't take it then we will be stuck with aother bunch of useless twats on long term contracts. If Monk builds a squad in his own image...

You say he has no track record. I would ask you why do you say that.
 A little research will show you he got Swansea to a record points total in the Premiership.

The Birmingham local paper quoted he got 5be team performing better than the sum of the parts 

At Middlesborough and Leeds his win ratio was in excess of 40%

It seems to me the problem might be elsewhere 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

What random formation is he going to try this week?

It's like a kid who's just got football manager, slapped in transfer bids for several strikers, had loads of them have come good and decided to ok the lot, then shove the lot in the side and hope for the best.

Any decent manager would have took a step back, sorted the defence from looking crap then gone from there. 

1 minute ago, Tommycraign10others said:

You say he has no track record. I would ask you why do you say that.
 A little research will show you he got Swansea to a record points total in the Premiership.

The Birmingham local paper quoted he got 5be team performing better than the sum of the parts 

At Middlesborough and Leeds his win ratio was in excess of 40%

It seems to me the problem might be elsewhere 

Ey up Gaz

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

In which he case he should shake their manager's hand. He's representing Sheffield Wednesday - his petty feud is unimportant.  

Instinctively I agree, but do we know what the feud is regarding?

I’ll probably get negged for this but dropping Dawson would be a step in the right direction. Strange that the likes of Iorfa and Borner who have been Top Drawer this season have struggled since good old cam pitched up regularly between the sticks :rolleyes:

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

I can see his reasoning behind his non selection of Westwood and Hutchinson if it based on fitness, especially with goalkeepers.
Hasn't Westwood pulled out of a couple of matches in the warm ups this season? 

He has done if over a number of seasons - although I'm not saying it is his attitude or anything, he just seems to get lots of injuries.