Press Conference

Reading between the lines of Monks comments it sound to me like he doesn't believe they are injured half the time they say they are. If the coaches are telling him that they can't see any injury and the player is insisting he isn't fit there has got to come a time where the manager cuts his losses with those players. The danger is that that type of faked injury can spread among the rest of the team when things don't go their way.

It looks to me like Monk has got to the point of no return with the players in question and cut them out of his plans.

I've no idea if this is true or not but if it is I can sympathise with Monks attitude. Having said that Hutch does have a history of biscuit knees so maybe he is hyper-sensitive to the slightest twinge.

It's a mess which ever stance we take and the sooner we get to the end of the season and shift out the deadwood the better. I'm not bothered whether Monk stays or goes. In some ways I'm glad he's put his foot down but the current run of results must change. A couple of victories and I'd be happy to see Monk stay until the end of the season and decide his fate then.

39 minutes ago, Pale Rider said:

Maybe more than meets the eye on Hutchinson. Apparently being ferried back and forth from training in a taxi for last few weeks. Driving ban?

Isn’t even training I heard,  If you listen to monks press conference when asked who’s training with the first team rather than u23’s he just says ‘Sam (winnall) and Jordan are training’  

Suppose I’m known on here for been a bit ‘pro’ Chansiri, but i was actually told today the beef is between the chairman and Sam and it’s the chairman that’s told GM not to play him , contract related 

11 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Isn’t even training I heard,  If you listen to monks press conference when asked who’s training with the first team rather than u23’s he just says ‘Sam (winnall) and Jordan are training’  

Suppose I’m known on here for been a bit ‘pro’ Chansiri, but i was actually told today the beef is between the chairman and Sam and it’s the chairman that’s told GM not to play him , contract related 

Rubbish he’s only played the entirely random number of 24 games this seas.....oooooohhhhhh....:bullen:

2 minutes ago, WhiteOwl91 said:

Rubbish he’s only played the entirely random number of 24 games this seas.....oooooohhhhhh....:bullen:

No idea , obviously see what ur suggesting , but I don’t know if that’s what the issue is I just heard ‘contract’ issue but got the impression it was the lack of an offer of an extension but dunno

2 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

No idea , obviously see what ur suggesting , but I don’t know if that’s what the issue is I just heard ‘contract’ issue but got the impression it was the lack of an offer of an extension but dunno

I think that's more like it. We know Dawson and Fox have received offers, but those in a similar contract position who have not will probably have started drawing the obvious inference.

20 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

I'm not sure that would be true. I can't see us wanting to renew Hutchinsons contract so there wouldn't be any reason for DC to get the knock on with him.

I've nothing against Hutchinson but he's been here a long time and on a big wage with a history of missing games if you look over the whole of his time with us he's played an average of 22 games per season in all competitions. On that basis is he worth another contract?

Royal D, nothing againsrt you obv. just doubt the person who told you was well informed.

55 minutes ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

Well we ALL know Hutchinson can't play week in week out...Isn't it 2 back then 3 out...pending on hobbling off/suspensions/sending offs.

If he wants better than this then fair play to him. The squad needs better. 

Up until finding himself excluded, he'd only missed two league games this season due to injury.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, room0035 said:

Are you telling me that experience championship performers would not be your choice? 

Not if a player proclaimed himself unfit and won't let the club medical team manage him.

KW in his statement made it clear there is no fall out.

But that said, if he does like to dictate what he does and when he does it (something which I understand to be widely acknowledged ), and previous managers have let him train when he feels like it then I'm guessing Monk doesn't want that sort of player or arrangement,

which is fair enough.

Can't comment on hutch as I know nothing of the circumstances.

11 minutes ago, prowl said:

I'm not sure that would be true. I can't see us wanting to renew Hutchinsons contract so there wouldn't be any reason for DC to get the knock on with him.

I've nothing against Hutchinson but he's been here a long time and on a big wage with a history of missing games if you look over the whole of his time with us he's played an average of 22 games per season in all competitions. On that basis is he worth another contract?

Royal D, nothing againsrt you obv. just doubt the person who told you was well informed.

Nah it’s fair enough pal just passing on what got told , I don’t think anyone knows the full story mate to be honest, lots guessing at it though 

I’d also be very surprised if we had any plan to renew his deal, but I wouldn’t rule out SH having gone to the chairman asking for a deal over Monks head and the chairman telling Hutchinson to wind his neck in and do as he’s told by GM 

Its a strange old situation but it needs dropping and forgetting about, don’t think there’s any way back now what’s done is done 

3 hours ago, Royal_D said:

We need to drop this Westwood and Hutchinson obsession ,  it’s done , get over it 

I've been a big fan of hutch since he's been here, but him bannan and Westwood are like Teflon on here. 

We could get pep guadiola in as manager and he froze them out due to the same problems and he'd suddenly be the worst manager in the league and it would be all his fault. 

That said, I said I'd give monk the season and reserve judgement, but he's beginning to lose my faith in him. 

Pick a side, pick a formation and run with it. Hes looking a little bit jos with his chopping and changing now and looking a little desperate. 

You can tell the good managers when they're on this sort of run. They don't always pick the most gifted players, they pick the ones with the strenght of character and desire to dig themselves and their team mates out of a hole and get back on track. Hmmm 

Edited by shezzas left peg

5 minutes ago, shezzas left peg said:

I've been a big fan of hutch since he's been here, but him bannan and Westwood are like Teflon on here. 

We could get pep guadiola in as manager and he froze them out due to the same problems and he'd suddenly be the worst manager in the league and it would be all his fault. 

That said, I said I'd give monk the season and reserve judgement, but he's beginning to lose my faith in him. 

Pick a side, pick a formation and run with it. Hes looking a little bit jos with his chopping and changing now and looking a little desperate. 

You can tell the good managers when they're on this sort of run. They don't always pick the most gifted players, they pick the ones with the strenght of character and desire to dig themselves and their team mates out of a hole and get back on track. Hmmm 

Agree that no player has a divine right to play, but when they don't play it does seem to coincide with bad form.

Westwood - At the moment I'd stick with Dawson

Hutch - If fit play him, we have no midfield 

Bannan - Play him but in the forward two thirds of the pitch