Press Conference

Guest Kagoshimaowl

He comes across as a totally arrogant pr1ck in my opinion. His issues with the Birmingham boss are embarrassing. He should shake his hand and move on.

Also, he is lying through his back teeth about Westwood. It’s clear in his eyes. The Hutch problem has already been touched upon in another thread in that he can’t train every day which a normal manager accepts. I’d rather see one game of Hutchinson playing on one leg than any with Pelupessy in regardless as whether they are training or not. 
Finally he’s so two faced. Westwood got dropped after mistakes yet Dawson has been absolutely abysmal these last 5 games but Wildsmith won’t get a chance even though he’s supposedly next in line. 
I’ve never wanted Wednesday to lose in my life even under Jos, but I’m getting to the point where if it guaranteed him the sack I’d be happy for it to happen.

Edited by Kagoshimaowl

10 hours ago, Royal_D said:

Isn’t even training I heard,  If you listen to monks press conference when asked who’s training with the first team rather than u23’s he just says ‘Sam (winnall) and Jordan are training’  

Suppose I’m known on here for been a bit ‘pro’ Chansiri, but i was actually told today the beef is between the chairman and Sam and it’s the chairman that’s told GM not to play him , contract related 

Definitely still training 

Guest Kagoshimaowl
8 hours ago, Costello 77 said:

He's played half the fixtures he's been contracted to in the last three years.

He said he isn’t bothered about the past. Monk contradicts himself all the time.

I don’t understand his problem with hutch & training , it was well documented Ledley king did one training session a week & played on the Saturday, he was tottenhams best defender at the time - why can’t he just manage hutch in the same way, as we are not the same team without him

1 hour ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

He comes across as a totally arrogant pr1ck in my opinion. His issues with the Birmingham boss are embarrassing. He should shake his hand and move on.

Also, he is lying through his back teeth about Westwood. It’s clear in his eyes. The Hutch problem has already been touched upon in another thread in that he can’t train every day which a normal manager accepts. I’d rather see one game of Hutchinson playing on one leg than any with Pelupessy in regardless as whether they are training or not. 
Finally he’s so two faced. Westwood got dropped after mistakes yet Dawson has been absolutely abysmal these last 5 games but Wildsmith won’t get a chance even though he’s supposedly next in line. 
I’ve never wanted Wednesday to lose in my life even under Jos, but I’m getting to the point where if it guaranteed him the sack I’d be happy for it to happen.

Let me guess..someone called Garry Monk used to bully you at school.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, OwlBiSeeinThi said:

Not if a player proclaimed himself unfit and won't let the club medical team manage him.

KW in his statement made it clear there is no fall out.

But that said, if he does like to dictate what he does and when he does it (something which I understand to be widely acknowledged ), and previous managers have let him train when he feels like it then I'm guessing Monk doesn't want that sort of player or arrangement,

which is fair enough.

Can't comment on hutch as I know nothing of the circumstances.

Seriously you think a player who is contracted to the club for 18 months has decided he does not want to play.

Some of the crap posted on here by people not in the know making things up is frightening.

Westwood and Hutch don't train every day, if they did they would probably be injured for most of the season, some managers don't mind that because they are leaders on the pitch other manager like Jos and Monk exclude them for it.

Spurs great player of all time Ledley King Thiery Henry described him as the great defender he had ever played against not a bad accolade. He had a knee issues which meant he would not train more than once or twice a week, Spurs knew that and worked with him and he had a great career for a player which potentially having to train every day would never have got on the pitch.

Other great who never trained due to injuries Best, Romario, Ronaldo (the Brazilian one), Ozil, Ronaldino can you imagine if any of these worked with Monk or Jos they would be who, who are they? Sometimes to get the best out of players you don't have to have them there every day.

3 hours ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

What a load of crass assumptions laced with a hint of personal vile. Collectively the team has been garbage, so scapegoating the keeper will not improve matters. As for wanting your team to lose, pathetic .

15 hours ago, Ante's Bubbly said:

Poor sod! No wonder he cant win. Talk Sh!te get massacred by the masterminds of Owlstalk and Twitter. Tell the truth get massacred by the masterminds of Owlstalk and Twitter. Say nowt get massacred by the masterminds of Owlstalk and Twitter.

Carry on Monk, you are just the latest of DC's fall guys, almost backed up by the mighty Bullen and a couple of junior coaches, but given nothing but a slagging off from the special super fans of Sheffield Wednesday who never wanted you and will only support you when you have succeeded against their boos and moans. Welcome to DC;s big investment for our future in a return to the pub league.

He's no mastermind himself

monk.jpg

• Thanks 1

Guest Bulgaria
4 hours ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

Someone who is the spitting image of Garry Monk used to give me some grief at school. Everytime I see him on the street, I just think of Garry Monk.

Pointless information I know.

1 hour ago, quinnssweetshop said:

He's no mastermind himself

monk.jpg

the table proves nowt ....I could put one up with ron Atkinson that shows 5 pts from 11 games with only 2 goals scored...jack charlton no wins from 10 and only 5 pts ....Wilkinson 1 win in 13......if you sack a manager everytime they  hit a bad patch we,d have an awful lot more the vast number we have had .

15 minutes ago, torryowl said:

the table proves nowt ....I could put one up with ron Atkinson that shows 5 pts from 11 games with only 2 goals scored...jack charlton no wins from 10 and only 5 pts ....Wilkinson 1 win in 13......if you sack a manager everytime they  hit a bad patch we,d have an awful lot more the vast number we have had .

I do agree about sacking a manager but really when you look at everything else.

We are not scoring goals, we struggle to play more than 45 minutes a game, the tactics and formation are all wrong and in pretty much every game at half time they and the personnel have been changed, we struggle to keep possession of the ball both home and away and we are not improving players they come to use or into the first team and get worse.

Monk has no set game plan, Jos at the least had a plan, Monk's changes his every weekly, no one in football likes him, he falls out with everyone and talks of honesty then when asked questions tells us that not your business. If I see him mess with his flipping hair once more in an after match interview I may headbutt the tv.

No for me he has to go, he is making going to game painful and because of him and the club we are losing fans in the thousands, when DC has to put money in because we are losing millions a month he will be off because he is not going to find a mug stupid enough to pay anything north of £20m for a football club in free fall, homeless and losing £20m a season on a team that half are not allowed to play by the manager.

Guest Kagoshimaowl
3 hours ago, Asio otus said:

What a load of crass assumptions laced with a hint of personal vile. Collectively the team has been garbage, so scapegoating the keeper will not improve matters. As for wanting your team to lose, pathetic .

Don’t want them to lose but would accept it if there was a 100% guarantee Monk would be gone. As for Dawson, he’s pants mate. End of story 

Guest Kagoshimaowl
5 hours ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

Don’t be ridiculous. No Gary I knew had two R’s in their name. They would have been bullied massively in my school if they had!

Guest Kagoshimaowl
5 hours ago, room0035 said:

Seriously you think a player who is contracted to the club for 18 months has decided he does not want to play.

Some of the crap posted on here by people not in the know making things up is frightening.

Westwood and Hutch don't train every day, if they did they would probably be injured for most of the season, some managers don't mind that because they are leaders on the pitch other manager like Jos and Monk exclude them for it.

Spurs great player of all time Ledley King Thiery Henry described him as the great defender he had ever played against not a bad accolade. He had a knee issues which meant he would not train more than once or twice a week, Spurs knew that and worked with him and he had a great career for a player which potentially having to train every day would never have got on the pitch.

Other great who never trained due to injuries Best, Romario, Ronaldo (the Brazilian one), Ozil, Ronaldino can you imagine if any of these worked with Monk or Jos they would be who, who are they? Sometimes to get the best out of players you don't have to have them there every day.

Excellent post!

20 minutes ago, room0035 said:

I do agree about sacking a manager but really when you look at everything else.

We are not scoring goals, we struggle to play more than 45 minutes a game, the tactics and formation are all wrong and in pretty much every game at half time they and the personnel have been changed, we struggle to keep possession of the ball both home and away and we are not improving players they come to use or into the first team and get worse.

Monk has no set game plan, Jos at the least had a plan, Monk's changes his every weekly, no one in football likes him, he falls out with everyone and talks of honesty then when asked questions tells us that not your business. If I see him mess with his flipping hair once more in an after match interview I may headbutt the tv.

No for me he has to go, he is making going to game painful and because of him and the club we are losing fans in the thousands, when DC has to put money in because we are losing millions a month he will be off because he is not going to find a mug stupid enough to pay anything north of £20m for a football club in free fall, homeless and losing £20m a season on a team that half are not allowed to play by the manager.

In truth I'm not impressed with him and I know what you mean with the hair......I was just making the point that if we sack someone for being on there  first bad run then the 3 i mentioned would have bit the dust ...maybe monk will turn  it round like they did given time but he probably wont get it if loses the next 2 .

Interesting question, at what point during a “bad run” do people feel a manager should be sacked?  1 win in 10? 1 win in 15? 1 win in 20?.  One factor is sometimes if a team has been playing well but not getting the rub of the green. 

there surely comes a point when no good results and no good performances means a manager should go.  Hopefully our “bad run” comes to end tomorrow, though I can’t see it myself 

1 minute ago, Southie_Owl said:

Interesting question, at what point during a “bad run” do people feel a manager should be sacked?  1 win in 10? 1 win in 15? 1 win in 20?.  One factor is sometimes if a team has been playing well but not getting the rub of the green. 

there surely comes a point when no good results and no good performances means a manager should go.  Hopefully our “bad run” comes to end tomorrow, though I can’t see it myself 

How many times in our history ever had a manager come back from this sort of mess? Honestly think players have lost confidence in him