Press Conference

3 minutes ago, airborne_rat_of_s6 said:

How many times in our history ever had a manager come back from this sort of mess? Honestly think players have lost confidence in him

Yes I can’t see it improving myself, unless Fletcher turns out to be our messiah that somehow the team can’t operate without.

But the way the rest of the players are performing now doesn’t suggest they are getting any confidence from the manager. 

1 minute ago, Southie_Owl said:

Yes I can’t see it improving myself, unless Fletcher turns out to be our messiah that somehow the team can’t operate without.

But the way the rest of the players are performing now doesn’t suggest they are getting any confidence from the manager. 

I would have said:-

But the way the rest of the players are performing now doesn’t suggest they are professional football players.

Even if they are not in agreement with his tactics/formation, doesn't mean they shouldn't be able to perform the basic football skills they are supposed to possess.

21 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

What about the players not relying on the manager for confidence they are fully grown men for a start? Go out on the pitch with a purpose and be professional?

29 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

Agreed the way the players have dropped form since Christmas can’t be down to one player missing. Something has happened and Monk seems incapable of turning it around. The whole club needs a shake up and fast 

6 hours ago, room0035 said:

Seriously you think a player who is contracted to the club for 18 months has decided he does not want to play.

Some of the crap posted on here by people not in the know making things up is frightening.

Westwood and Hutch don't train every day, if they did they would probably be injured for most of the season, some managers don't mind that because they are leaders on the pitch other manager like Jos and Monk exclude them for it.

Spurs great player of all time Ledley King Thiery Henry described him as the great defender he had ever played against not a bad accolade. He had a knee issues which meant he would not train more than once or twice a week, Spurs knew that and worked with him and he had a great career for a player which potentially having to train every day would never have got on the pitch.

Other great who never trained due to injuries Best, Romario, Ronaldo (the Brazilian one), Ozil, Ronaldino can you imagine if any of these worked with Monk or Jos they would be who, who are they? Sometimes to get the best out of players you don't have to have them there every day.

Jeez.

There are some planks on here that read what they want to. 

Contract or not. KW declared himself unfit and his injury was not being managed by the club medical team. So they had no way of assessing the extent of his injury or length of time out. That was from the manager himself not so long ago. That means KW declares when he is fit and determine his own training regime. That's what I'm saying and I don't give a fizz which footballing greats you are trying to compare the situation with.

The manager obviously does not want players like this as he has no control over the process.

Sounds like you're calling him a liar.

Take a pause for thought before ranting will you?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Hookowl said:

I would have said:-

But the way the rest of the players are performing now doesn’t suggest they are professional football players.

Even if they are not in agreement with his tactics/formation, doesn't mean they shouldn't be able to perform the basic football skills they are supposed to possess.

Tomorrows the day to find out....Monk has history with Brum..Its the sort of game where he will say 

"C'mon lads I need this one...Do it for the gaffer"

Then lets see what happens....

• Like 1

I can understand what Monk's saying about the need for continuity. It makes sense.

I'm still struggling to understand quite why he's applying to Hutchinson if he's being honest about judging the players only on how they've been since he's been at the club.

And really, I can only assume that he intends to sell Luongo in the summer because however annoyed he must be with Hutchinson's reliability, he must be absolutely livid about Luongo's.

1 hour ago, asteener1867 said:

Tomorrows the day to find out....Monk has history with Brum..Its the sort of game where he will say 

"C'mon lads I need this one...Do it for the gaffer"

Then lets see what happens....

I'd prefer it if he said ''Do it for Andy''.......it would cover far more of us, when all said and done Monk can get another team, we can't..

15 hours ago, torryowl said:

the table proves nowt ....I could put one up with ron Atkinson that shows 5 pts from 11 games with only 2 goals scored...jack charlton no wins from 10 and only 5 pts ....Wilkinson 1 win in 13......if you sack a manager everytime they  hit a bad patch we,d have an awful lot more the vast number we have had .

lol

" Table proves nowt "

Are you Ray Charles's blinder twin ?