Arbitration

Guest Grandad

Not sure if anyone posted this but it confuses me tbh I understood the arbitration was in front of 3 man panel not via emails 

3vhrHUV9_x96.jpeg

I was asked again on talkSPORT last night about #SWFC & the EFL. Official word remains “ongoing” re initial arbitration. My understanding from that is that, rather than a formal hearing, there is much traffic between lawyers for both. And it’s a bit of a jam.

3vhrHUV9_x96.jpeg

So while the process is well underway & has been for some time, it’s impossible to say when it might be resolved. Very complex. Seems a right old tangle in which the only winners so far are the lawyers.
  • Thanks 1

On 26/02/2020 at 01:01, casbahowl said:

The rest of your multiple logins you absolute balloon!

Oh, and btw ......... just how many people on here have you trawled through their old posts giving multiple negs if they’ve disagreed with any of your or your many other personas on here's posts lol

The Norman Bates of OT

What the actual fizz.  

how have YOU got the cheek to talk about negs you assclown. 

:duntmatter::ghoulguy:

• Haha 1

In most legal cases before a proper court there is a disclosure stage where each side effectively lets the other side what information they have that they intend using in court.  It's not unusual for them to negotiate when they see how strong the other sides case is.

If the case proceeds to court it gets expensive and the court can order the losing party to pay the costs incurred by the winner. It focuses the parties minds on finding a solution that they can both live with.

I've not had much experience of arbitration cases but a friend who has been involve in a couple of property disputes that went to arbitration says it's not that much different to a court case in some ways. If that is right then I'm not surprised if the parties are negotiating. It does suggest our case is reasonably strong but it may just be that DC is being stubborn and the EFL are looking for a compromise because they don't want a formal ruling to show they might not have all the powers they suggest they have. The precedent of them losing could be devastating for their authority.

Interesting times. Personally I'd be delighted if we got away with a slap on the wrist that docked us a few points this year so long as we don't get relegated.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, prowl said:

In most legal cases before a proper court there is a disclosure stage where each side effectively lets the other side what information they have that they intend using in court.  It's not unusual for them to negotiate when they see how strong the other sides case is.

If the case proceeds to court it gets expensive and the court can order the losing party to pay the costs incurred by the winner. It focuses the parties minds on finding a solution that they can both live with.

I've not had much experience of arbitration cases but a friend who has been involve in a couple of property disputes that went to arbitration says it's not that much different to a court case in some ways. If that is right then I'm not surprised if the parties are negotiating. It does suggest our case is reasonably strong but it may just be that DC is being stubborn and the EFL are looking for a compromise because they don't want a formal ruling to show they might not have all the powers they suggest they have. The precedent of them losing could be devastating for their authority.

Interesting times. Personally I'd be delighted if we got away with a slap on the wrist that docked us a few points this year so long as we don't get relegated.

If we have done nothing wrong and have strong case then should fight all the way and not accept any punishment.

Still not been proven done anything wrong don't forget

1 hour ago, steelowl said:

Not sure if anyone posted this but it confuses me tbh I understood the arbitration was in front of 3 man panel not via emails 

3vhrHUV9_x96.jpeg

I was asked again on talkSPORT last night about #SWFC & the EFL. Official word remains “ongoing” re initial arbitration. My understanding from that is that, rather than a formal hearing, there is much traffic between lawyers for both. And it’s a bit of a jam.

3vhrHUV9_x96.jpeg

So while the process is well underway & has been for some time, it’s impossible to say when it might be resolved. Very complex. Seems a right old tangle in which the only winners so far are the lawyers.

A League Arbitration Panel would normally consist of a chairperson and one arbitrator nominated by each of the parties, making a panel of three. There is provision though to appoint  a single arbitrator if both parties agree. In arbitration the parties can also agree on a lot of the procedural arrangements, such as whether witnesses are questioned under oath. It’s also possible to agree that cases will be decided exclusively by exchange of documents without oral hearings

2 hours ago, steelowl said:

3vhrHUV9_x96.jpeg

3vhrHUV9_x96.jpeg

That can’t be right, because billy bullshit down the nags head said it’s all done and we’ve been given a 12 point deduction. 

Dozens on here have said so. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, prowl said:

I'd take the hit if we finish 7th after full season fixtures have finished .. Otherwise kin do one! 

Good Post  (I don't mean you btw)... 

Edited by owls-swfc

I honestly wish this would just get fecking sorted, it's coming so why not get it over with.

It is holding the club back and if reports are correct that we have interested parties looking to buy the club, this process will delay any takeover until a conclusion is reached and any would be new owner knows what league we are in.

3 hours ago, kirksandallowl said:

That can’t be right, because billy bullshit down the nags head said it’s all done and we’ve been given a 12 point deduction. 

Dozens on here have said so. 

I might be in the Nags Head on Saturday,  I'll see if there's any further developments and keep you all posted.

• Haha 3

17 hours ago, Blue and white said:

I honestly wish this would just get fecking sorted, it's coming so why not get it over with.

It is holding the club back and if reports are correct that we have interested parties looking to buy the club, this process will delay any takeover until a conclusion is reached and any would be new owner knows what league we are in.

I wouldn't hold your breath on that one, the reports were generated on owlstalk. lol