Arbitration

Guest Grandad

1 minute ago, royalowlisback said:

Scott Carson, Michael Hector, Alex Lopez, Pudil and Hunt (before we signed them permanently) all were great loan signings.

Fair point but all of those (other than maybe Carson?) were with us from the start of the season on season long loans.

I was thinking more about loans that have come in mid season on short term deals

2 hours ago, pazowl55 said:

My point is more. Had we needed or Chansiri wanted the money players would have gone. He wouldn't have held out for a price to try and balance FFP out  He would have took what was on offer.

Why would an owner sell a player for less than whats owed, not only would you lose a player you would not have the ability to replace him.

It would immediately put you in further debt with relation to FFP.

It wouldn't make sense.

Edited by daleblue

To be fair, Monk would have been damned either way with the loan signings playing or not playing. Imagine we signed them,didn't play them and it still went wrong..... Meltdown from the fans.

People would have crucified him for not playing the new guys and asked what the point in signing them was if they arent going to play ect. 

I wouldn't call them desperation signings, and i wouldn't have expected anything more than loan deals for us in January was ever going to happen. We arent good enough to go up and anyone who sees that knows that blowing the budget trying to get up this year will just end up in more badly spent cash. lets just stay in the division and hopefully build a team properly after the crap has been moved on. 

54 minutes ago, daleblue said:

Why would an owner sell a player for less than whats owed, not only would you lose a player you would not have the ability to replace him.

It would immediately put you in further debt with relation to FFP.

It wouldn't make sense.

It would correct. but if the chairman didnt care about the club that wouldn't matter to them. They would just want to get some money back into there own pocket.

20 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

Dad, what’s this I hear about 12 points?

Oh that? Just your mother been driving again son.

Don't worry about it Junior. Next year the whole family will be combining Fishing and Footy (F&F). From Dumfries to Falkirk, from Falkirk to Berwick, Berwick to Edinbro and Edinbro to Inverness. The Owls will outnumber the Eagles and there will be lots of salt and fresh fish to eat. What is there to moan about ?    

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, kirksandallowl said:

Marshall, Antonio?

Fair enough, there’s been a few. My memory’s been blurred by all the loans that have flopped. Remembered Hooper was a loan initially too and Fryatt was decent for us.

It’s just 3 at once straight in seems too many in mid season. Obviously the Wickham one made sense but are da Cruz and Windass any better than we already had is those positions with FF, Reach, Murphy and Harris?

Anyway, back to arbitration...

Was just listening to 5 live on my drive home, the guy in the studio asked the reporter at the derby game if there was any update to the efl charges that derby are facing as it had all gone very quiet since they first came to light around a month ago. His reply was that there was no official update but he had been speaking with the local journalists who cover derby week in week out and that it was their opinion that derby had written sign off by the efl for what they did and would be cleared of any wrongdoing. 

Don’t know what this means to us, but if we have the same supposed written consent for what we did then maybe a positive thinking person (not many of those on here I know) could take some hope from it. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, kirksandallowl said:

Was just listening to 5 live on my drive home, the guy in the studio asked the reporter at the derby game if there was any update to the efl charges that derby are facing as it had all gone very quiet since they first came to light around a month ago. His reply was that there was no official update but he had been speaking with the local journalists who cover derby week in week out and that it was their opinion that derby had written sign off by the efl for what they did and would be cleared of any wrongdoing. 

Don’t know what this means to us, but if we have the same supposed written consent for what we did then maybe a positive thinking person (not many of those on here I know) could take some hope from it. 

Fingers crossed

8 minutes ago, kirksandallowl said:

Knowing our luck the written consent we have is probably from the EFL tea lady 

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, sweetsheri said:

Knowing our luck the written consent we have is probably from the EFL tea lady 

Would be just our luck not to get a points deduction and our players get us relegated instead

21 minutes ago, kirksandallowl said:

Mel Morris is a crafty bugger, I can see them getting away with it and us taking the wrath of the EFL