Arbitration

Guest Grandad

22 minutes ago, AtkinsonsBarmyArmy said:

Heard it's a 12 point deduction. Maybe one of the reasons early bird season tickets were brought forward to February instead of march. Maybe club already know outcome? Who knows. We shall soon find out.

1 minute ago, AtkinsonsBarmyArmy said:

I'm led to believe the case of whether the charges are lawful concluded a while ago. If I remember right didn't a journalist write that the Efl want this concluded by the end of February? Maybe nothing to do with season ticket deadline just coincidence. Like I said, we shall see. All rumours & hearsay at moment. Prepare for the worse, hope for the best...

18 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

Isn’t this a hearing to find out if the charges are lawful, which if they are would then lead to a hearing to find out if we are guilty?

I honestly don’t see how anyone could know what potential punishment we will face at this stage.

16 hours ago, kirksandallowl said:

Some people on here don’t let facts get in the way of a chance to have a pop at the club, they thrive on the negativity. 

Given the EFL have released statements at every stage of the proceedings i cannot believe they have won the arbitration side of things and moved to and completed the disciplinary hearing without releasing a statement to that effect.  As i said above, from the Rhodes thread, some people on here love to feed the negativity.

15 minutes ago, kirksandallowl said:

Given the EFL have released statements at every stage of the proceedings i cannot believe they have won the arbitration side of things and moved to and completed the disciplinary hearing without releasing a statement to that effect.  As i said above, from the Rhodes thread, some people on here love to feed the negativity.

I would agree with a 2 stage announcement, that way the EFL can maximize their message that they are going to get rough with clubs who break the rules

And leave us hanging and worried again for a few weeks, if there is a case to answer

17 minutes ago, kirksandallowl said:

Didn't realise I was posting something negative. Just what I had heard, whether true or false. Thought that was the whole purpose of a forum? To discuss swfc and discuss/debate different aspects of it. Like many posters I heard something regarded the efl situation and thought I would post it. Very very rare I post something on here, but enjoy reading it most days. Whether it's TRUE or not I don't know because I don't work for the efl or swfc. Didn't realise it came across in a negative way. Be rest assured I will post positive news the next time I hear some..

48 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

Isn’t this a hearing to find out if the charges are lawful, which if they are would then lead to a hearing to find out if we are guilty?

I honestly don’t see how anyone could know what potential punishment we will face at this stage.

People love to guess.

Guest Ferkorf
1 minute ago, sonofbert2 said:

Not Bannan?  He said we’re making the play-offs.

No not Barry Bannan although he has got the same hair style and colour.

Edited by Ferkorf

2 hours ago, TrickyTrev said:

Yes, but if we lose or have already lost the arb case, then we are as good as - points deduction.

Just a matter of how many.

If its true and arbitration was over a few days ago we will have lost.

Interesting our QC has removed...'represented sheffield wednesday' from his web page

Hopefully still ongoing..that Star says it is.:rolleyes:

1 hour ago, nbupperthongowl said:

I would agree with a 2 stage announcement, that way the EFL can maximize their message that they are going to get rough with clubs who break the rules

And leave us hanging and worried again for a few weeks, if there is a case to answer

With respect...  what value would there be in attempting to get the club worried? 

1 hour ago, sherlyegg said:

Yes, but if we lose or have already lost the arb case, then we are as good as - points deduction.

Just a matter of how many.

If its true and arbitration was over a few days ago we will have lost.

Interesting our QC has removed...'represented sheffield wednesday' from his web page

Hopefully still ongoing..that Star says it is.:rolleyes:

If the EFL wins the arb case it only means they are allowed to press charges within the rules. Doesn’t mean the charges will stick 

“Have we had a decision yet Dad?”

“No son, it’s a throw up between the EFL decision and the takeover what comes first.”

“It‘s all a load of throw isn’t it Dad?”

”Dunno son, let’s see what the Owls Talk know-all’s say first”.

“They’ll probably mention their preference for the word T0-ss Dad”

Edited by theowlsman

I'm uncomfortable with the notion of 'celebrating' a positive outcome.

I don't want Sheffield Wednesday to be deducted any points under any circumstances.

But just remember the decision making process within the club over the last 2 years which has brought us to this point, that does not appear to be changing any time soon.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, sweetsheri said:

If the EFL wins the arb case it only means they are allowed to press charges within the rules. Doesn’t mean the charges will stick 

Yes it does, see qpr case. Very similar.

We have said, the charge is unlawful. If the arb panel says it wasn't, we are foooked.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, AtkinsonsBarmyArmy said:

Didn't realise I was posting something negative. Just what I had heard, whether true or false. Thought that was the whole purpose of a forum? To discuss swfc and discuss/debate different aspects of it. Like many posters I heard something regarded the efl situation and thought I would post it. Very very rare I post something on here, but enjoy reading it most days. Whether it's TRUE or not I don't know because I don't work for the efl or swfc. Didn't realise it came across in a negative way. Be rest assured I will post positive news the next time I hear some..

Sorry didn’t realise a 12 point deduction could be seen as anything but negative. 

Even if the arbitration hearing has been concluded and a judgment been reached (I would expect a statement from the EFL, the club or both to that effect) it the goes to an independent  disciplinary panel hearing at which the club is allowed to defend itself, again I would expect an announcement from both the EFL & the club, they didn’t hang about announcing Birmingham’s punishment, I would also expect the clubs statement to say they are appealing the decision. 

But no bullshit billy down the nags head heard it before any of this happens.