Sick of the - “Monk needs the summer”

1 hour ago, matthefish2002 said:

Think people are getting obsessed about Gary Monk and changing manager will suddenly result in a winning side.

Hopefully Monk has done a lot of work behind the scenes in preparation for next season. Cant see point in changing manager at this stage myself.

We've won 4 out of the last 23 matches, 17 points from 69. Can we really carry on like this next season?

• Like 2

On 18/02/2020 at 02:15, Markowski77 said:

Bored and tired to death of hearing ‘Monk needs the summer to rebuild’ 

- He has never built a successful team

- He spaffed 50million at boro, in absolute crap 

- He hasn’t actually achieved anything much in management before been found out

- His tactics are hoof ball & belong in a museum 

- He has not shown me one bit of encouragement to trust the guy

- His press conferences are cringeworthy 

- Fallen Out with a number of each people at each club he has been at 

- He doesn’t play his best players

- Changes formation and tactics every game

- He has brought in 3 players who look total garbage (understand only 3 games in) 

Do we really want this man to ‘rebuild Wednesday?’ 

Its the biggest summer in years - we need a plan and project - and for me Monk isn’t the man for it!!

i don’t want monk to bring all these so called players with the right attitude, then be sacked in November for been out of his depth, then be stuck with all his signing we will be back to square one!

if he does stay however and gets the chance, I’d love to be proved wrong

i understand I’ll get negged for this, but it’s a forum, and my opinion 

WAWAW

All Monk needs is his p45.

As for some fans backing him, please remember some of our fans still think Chansiri is doing a good job.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Kopparberg said:

A predictable defeat all the same.

We’re that low on confidence and effort to the point that Warnock's basic tactics were enough to beat us. 

I didn't think it was predictable. But the players are low on confidence. 

22 minutes ago, Kopparberg said:

A predictable defeat all the same.

We’re that low on confidence and effort to the point that Warnock's basic tactics were enough to beat us. 

Nothing to do with Warnock's tactics. We lost that game through carelessness from senior players, gifting them the equaliser.

Whether not monk is the right man for the job he doesn't tell players to play stupid risky passes, concede possession or defend like donkeys. That is all down to the players on the pitch. Individual decision making has been atrocious all season and cost us numerous games. Managers cannot be blamed for that.

That said, I think Monks time is up regardless of whether he has had a fair crack. He has to win over too many people now.

Time for a fresh start all round.

• Like 1

The OP reads like someone trying to win all the prizes at manager cliche bingo. Every season, probably half the clubs in the league are faced with the same tiresome litany of ignorance, presumptions, double standards, contradictions, grandstanding and soundbites from supporters in the pretence that there is some kind of understanding of how to manage a football team. In reality, it's more like 'don't want this one anymore, get me another; that one will do'. All these supposed principles are listed for why the current incumbent is not suitable and then most of them instantly dispensed with by giving examples of replacements who fall no less foul of them.

And no, before the predictable replies of 'keep clapping' or 'Monk lover' from the same worn out old playbook, I don't have much faith he will lead us to a glorious new era of success either. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, matthefish2002 said:

Think people are getting obsessed about Gary Monk and changing manager will suddenly result in a winning side.

Hopefully Monk has done a lot of work behind the scenes in preparation for next season. Cant see point in changing manager at this stage myself.

Is this the same monk doing things behind the scenes in preparation for next season ( which is rumoured to be six weeks away) that said after the borough game he didn’t know if Adthe and KL would be here next season? He needed to talk to them!

yes great planning obviously going on then if he doesn’t know what they are doing. 

1 hour ago, OwlBiSeeinThi said:

Nothing to do with Warnock's tactics. We lost that game through carelessness from senior players, gifting them the equaliser.

Whether not monk is the right man for the job he doesn't tell players to play stupid risky passes, concede possession or defend like donkeys. That is all down to the players on the pitch. Individual decision making has been atrocious all season and cost us numerous games. Managers cannot be blamed for that.

That said, I think Monks time is up regardless of whether he has had a fair crack. He has to win over too many people now.

Time for a fresh start all round.

We were 1-0 up and looking reasonably comfortable. Then Barry "Can't do any wrong, irreplaceable, first name on the team sheet, we'd be lost without him" Bannan gave the ball away needlessly in the middle of the pitch, 8 or 9 seconds later it was 1-1.

Bruce, Monk, Luhukay have all alluded to there being a deep seated issue withing the squad regarding attitudes and the time is long past for clearing out virtually the entire squad and starting again, which is what is going to have to happen this summer.

As for is Monk the right man to oversee this process, I'm not sure it actually matters whose in charge. As I understand it we have a recruitment team and the ever reliable Paixao who go out find players and tell the manager who's coming in and have to be shoehorned in to the team.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, andytrig said:

We were 1-0 up and looking reasonably comfortable. Then Barry "Can't do any wrong, irreplaceable, first name on the team sheet, we'd be lost without him" Bannan gave the ball away needlessly in the middle of the pitch, 8 or 9 seconds later it was 1-1.

Bruce, Monk, Luhukay have all alluded to there being a deep seated issue withing the squad regarding attitudes and the time is long past for clearing out virtually the entire squad and starting again, which is what is going to have to happen this summer.

As for is Monk the right man to oversee this process, I'm not sure it actually matters whose in charge. As I understand it we have a recruitment team and the ever reliable Paixao who go out find players and tell the manager who's coming in and have to be shoehorned in to the team.

Despite losing the ball, we conceded way to easily. It was a knife through butter like so many goals we've conceded. That's down to the manager and lack of coaching and poor tactics. Lees and especially Iorfa aren't bad defenders yet we've shipped goals for fun.

Could you really see that happening under a decent manager like Bruce? We were solid with similar defenders.

Edited by swfc-dan
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Plonk said:

Is this the same monk doing things behind the scenes in preparation for next season ( which is rumoured to be six weeks away) that said after the borough game he didn’t know if Adthe and KL would be here next season? He needed to talk to them!

yes great planning obviously going on then if he doesn’t know what they are doing. 

Spot on Plonk.

Once again bullshitter Monk is either lying of being left in the dark.

On this one I would suggest that he is lying.

There is no way he should be given the opportunity to continue, it would be a disaster.

He’s shown nothing to indicate he should still be in the role and building for next year. The lack of organisation, and shape for a team at this level in the defensive transitions is frightening. Particularly as monk was a cb. That coupled with our predictable nature going forward will see us down next year under monk, point dedication or not. The only thing I’d give him credit for is the attacking corners, we’ve clearly done some work there.

His inability to man manage is the biggest problem. I can’t think of one player he’s improved? You listen to the stories of him at every club and it’s the same. He’ll never ever get the best out of people, and galvanise a squad. It’s what we absolutely need over the next 24 months. 

There is a mess in a lot of areas but this one can be addressed and needs to be very quickly. He’ll be gone after 20 games next season regardless. Wrong bloke and certainly the wrong time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DJMortimer said:

The OP reads like someone trying to win all the prizes at manager cliche bingo. Every season, probably half the clubs in the league are faced with the same tiresome litany of ignorance, presumptions, double standards, contradictions, grandstanding and soundbites from supporters in the pretence that there is some kind of understanding of how to manage a football team. In reality, it's more like 'don't want this one anymore, get me another; that one will do'. All these supposed principles are listed for why the current incumbent is not suitable and then most of them instantly dispensed with by giving examples of replacements who fall no less foul of them.

And no, before the predictable replies of 'keep clapping' or 'Monk lover' from the same worn out old playbook, I don't have much faith he will lead us to a glorious new era of success either. 

Is having a face you'd like to punch on the managerial cliche list?

Not truly sure if Monk is the 'right man' or not, it's so difficult to gauge with everything going on surrounding the club.

But I'm hankering for someone slightly more charismatic, we need that charisma a manager can bring to galvanize the fan base(cliche alert).

Not a clue who mind, but someone like Carlos, preferably someone who hasn't written books!

We all know and remember DJ Mortimer (the guy with the picture of JFK) because he kept backing Luhukay long after he had lost the dressing room and rhe fans.

DJ Mortimer kept quiet for a time after Luhukay was fired.

He thinks we have forgotten.