Sick of the - “Monk needs the summer”

Just now, Owls Loyal said:

We all know and remember DJ Mortimer (the guy with the picture of JFK) because he kept backing Luhukay long after he had lost the dressing room and rhe fans.

DJ Mortimer kept quiet for a time after Luhukay was fired.

He thinks we have forgotten.

This reads like a bunny boiler type post

• Haha 4

Owlstalk Shop

On 17/02/2020 at 13:15, Markowski77 said:

Bored and tired to death of hearing ‘Monk needs the summer to rebuild’ 

- He has never built a successful team

- He spaffed 50million at boro, in absolute crap 

- He hasn’t actually achieved anything much in management before been found out

- His tactics are hoof ball & belong in a museum 

- He has not shown me one bit of encouragement to trust the guy

- His press conferences are cringeworthy 

- Fallen Out with a number of each people at each club he has been at 

- He doesn’t play his best players

- Changes formation and tactics every game

- He has brought in 3 players who look total garbage (understand only 3 games in) 

Do we really want this man to ‘rebuild Wednesday?’ 

Its the biggest summer in years - we need a plan and project - and for me Monk isn’t the man for it!!

i don’t want monk to bring all these so called players with the right attitude, then be sacked in November for been out of his depth, then be stuck with all his signing we will be back to square one!

if he does stay however and gets the chance, I’d love to be proved wrong

i understand I’ll get negged for this, but it’s a forum, and my opinion 

WAWAW

This was in Feb and he's still here !!!!!

Get him out ASAP

34 minutes ago, Owls Loyal said:

We all know and remember DJ Mortimer (the guy with the picture of JFK) because he kept backing Luhukay long after he had lost the dressing room and rhe fans.

According to Gerald Sweet, Ph.D., forensic and police psychologist, co-developer of the Military Veterans Psychology Program and faculty member at William James College (formerly the Massachusetts School of Professional Psychology), celebrity stalking falls into the category of “love obsessional” behavior.

“There is no interpersonal relationship with the victim. The stalker becomes obsessed after a brief encounter or something he sees in the media. He engages in a pattern of behavior in an attempt to make the celebrity aware of his existence,” he said. “The person believes that if his presence is known to the victim, they can have a relationship.”

Erotomania, elements of which overlap with love obsessional behavior, involves the belief that the victim is in love with the stalker, Sweet noted. “He needs to pursue the victim long enough and consistently enough to make the victim realize the two of them belong together. This is fed by a delusional system of ideas,” he said.

Robert Kinscherff, Ph.D., associate vice president for community engagement at William James College, added, “Celebrity stalkers have an increased preoccupation with pursuing their victim with delusions in the hope to have a romantic relationship.”

In addition to delusional thinking, stalker behavior originates from many different pathways and may include social ineptitude and a high degree of narcissism, among others, said Kinscherff.

“Traits are highly individual and depend partly on motivation. Lots of fans are preoccupied with a celebrity, but don’t become a stalker and may not be delusional. You have to look at the nature [of the stalking] in the reality between the victim and the stalker.”

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Owls Loyal said:

I said Jos was crap the day he came here and everyone shouted and laughed at me !

but I never got my own stalker !!!   

DJ M !.... I'm jealous !!! lol

• Haha 1

And I'm sick of our fan base constantly calling for the managers head, even Bruce said this would take 4 transfer windows to sort out.

I'm not Monks biggest fan, I wanted Rowett but sooner or later, we are going to have to get behind a manager and back them through both the highs and lows. When a manager is appointed, you back them and you back them for longer than a few months, otherwise, what's the point!?

It's been a poor run of 20 games or so but given the drama off the pitch and so many of the players out of contract, he deserves more time.

The petulant, spoiled child act from modern football fans is incredibly tiring.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, dobbo said:

And I'm sick of our fan base constantly calling for the managers head, even Bruce said this would take 4 transfer windows to sort out.

I'm not Monks biggest fan, I wanted Rowett but sooner or later, we are going to have to get behind a manager and back them through both the highs and lows. When a manager is appointed, you back them and you back them for longer than a few months, otherwise, what's the point!?

It's been a poor run of 20 games or so but given the drama off the pitch and so many of the players out of contract, he deserves more time.

So you reckon we should have kept it going under Jos do you? If a manager, or a player, for that matter, is obviously a bad fit, then you have to change things

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, dobbo said:

As we can only judge Monk on recent form, the last 23 games haven't just been relegation form, they would see us more or less down by Christmas baring a miracle

thats the prospect for us if we stick with Monk, wrong person for us

26 minutes ago, dobbo said:

At 62 years old and having watched wednesday home and away from ten years old I don’t appreciate being referred to as a petulant spoiled child. However I have in that time, as you can imagine, seem some very poor managers. There comes a point when you have to say “ you know what, this isn’t working”. We are at that point, and viewing comments on here have been since February, where we just have to say it’s not working.

Now here’s the interesting point for me, those that are defending Monks shambolic record have one defence: you cant keep sacking managers he needs time. I keep asking this question, but have not seen one reply that makes me think fair enough give him time. 

So again: what, in Monks record, here or his other clubs, makes you believe he can be a success at Wednesday?

I’m not sure I buy into Bruce’s assertion that it would take 4 windows to turn the squad around. Given the amount of players who have left, and the threadbare nature of the squad, there is an urgency to do it quicker than that. Under normal circumstance, yes four windows would probably be about right, as a well run club, you would look to refresh the squad with a couple of players each window. Imagine how our current squad might fare with only two new additions

10 minutes ago, Plonk said:

At 62 years old and having watched wednesday home and away from ten years old I don’t appreciate being referred to as a petulant spoiled child. However I have in that time, as you can imagine, seem some very poor managers. There comes a point when you have to say “ you know what, this isn’t working”. We are at that point, and viewing comments on here have been since February, where we just have to say it’s not working.

Now here’s the interesting point for me, those that are defending Monks shambolic record have one defence: you cant keep sacking managers he needs time. I keep asking this question, but have not seen one reply that makes me think fair enough give him time. 

So again: what, in Monks record, here or his other clubs, makes you believe he can be a success at Wednesday?

He can't and won't turn this round any time soon. I don't know why all the Monk defenders think he can. There is nothing in his record that  says he can.

You can tell in his interviews that he is a beaten man. Only one way this is going to finish and that is Division 1.

9 hours ago, Plonk said:

I never said you were, I don't know you, there are some on here that actively thrive on the manager merry go round, like they can't wait to change managers just for the sake of change, that only support a manager when things are going well, and call for their head after a dodgy 5 game run, if that sounds familiar then yes. The fact you point out comments started in February highlights the point, we were 3rd after 23 games! it's insanity and yes petulant.

I'm not going to start bigging up Monks previous record as partly it's irrelevant and partly, like I said, i'm not his biggest fan myself.

The reasons I would give him time are the many constraints he's had to deal with, no money to spend, an ageing past it's sell by date squad that's needed freshening up for at least 2 years, many players out of contract that clearly wanted out. There is also the fact he hasn't (been allowed!?) to bring any coaching staff or help and the effect of the off field drama. Hopefully most of these constraints are now gone.

• Like 1