Sick of the - “Monk needs the summer”

Guest LittleG
43 minutes ago, Silkstone Owl said:

What exactly is Monk supposed to do then ??  Because he’ll continue to try and polish the turd that is our players whilst occasionally adding to the shitmix aswell - for the want of trying something different 

no-one wins here, least of all if he gets sacked

3months of the season, points deduction looming; and fans STILL think we’ll magically rise like some ****** Phoenix if Monk is disposed of

If the whole issue at Wednesday is systemic then sacking Monk doesn’t solve the issue 

we have to ride this out I’m afraid.

It may not solve the issue but it will certainly go a long way to helping the situation.

Best about it is do we need this long ball crap , we can be and have proved it BE a decent passing attacking side and put good moves together , Banan was one of the major lynch pins When feeding the ball into danger area's ,and has a good shot on him as does reach and Forestiery Why is Monk not Utilizing this , yet Banan has suddenly dropped backwards and is doing a covering job   and forestiery as a wing back wtf is that all about , but that said we can't play long ball and never could properly ,vary rarely does anyone overlap nuhiu or fletcher (when fit ) so it's a case of pass it back or go it alone and neither really works  Sorry but we are a Clusterfeck and have been over the last ten games ,whatever the cause or issue  it is happening on Monks Watch and sadly it ain't good enough also he hasa habbit of falling out with personel , even one of his last backroom staff has fallen out with  him  

I'm sick of the monk out and chansiri out threads with no credible options or solutions. I am in the camp that he doesn't need a summer, he needs 2. This squad and issues aren't his fault. It's rubbish at minute, but that's because we are missing fletch who was holding us together, we have no credible other option up top and our midfield options are terrible. Squad needs an overhaul, someone has to do it so why not monk. No 'top class' manager would come so no point starting all over again. Fingers crossed points deduction is little enough that we stay up. Release everyone in the summer and start over. Sell iorfa for a pretty penny and use money to build a young team. WAWAW.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, tarn owl said:

I'm sick of the monk out and chansiri out threads with no credible options or solutions. I am in the camp that he doesn't need a summer, he needs 2. This squad and issues aren't his fault. It's rubbish at minute, but that's because we are missing fletch who was holding us together, we have no credible other option up top and our midfield options are terrible. Squad needs an overhaul, someone has to do it so why not monk. No 'top class' manager would come so no point starting all over again. Fingers crossed points deduction is little enough that we stay up. Release everyone in the summer and start over. Sell iorfa for a pretty penny and use money to build a young team. WAWAW.

Monk literally got sacked from Middlesbrough for being atrocious in transfers. 
 This is the guy you want to undertake our biggest rebuild in a decade. 

Edited by kingsidney

11 hours ago, Markowski77 said:

Bored and tired to death of hearing ‘Monk needs the summer to rebuild’ 

- He has never built a successful team

- He spaffed 50million at boro, in absolute crap 

- He hasn’t actually achieved anything much in management before been found out

- His tactics are hoof ball & belong in a museum 

- He has not shown me one bit of encouragement to trust the guy

- His press conferences are cringeworthy 

- Fallen Out with a number of each people at each club he has been at 

- He doesn’t play his best players

- Changes formation and tactics every game

- He has brought in 3 players who look total garbage (understand only 3 games in) 

Do we really want this man to ‘rebuild Wednesday?’ 

Its the biggest summer in years - we need a plan and project - and for me Monk isn’t the man for it!!

i don’t want monk to bring all these so called players with the right attitude, then be sacked in November for been out of his depth, then be stuck with all his signing we will be back to square one!

if he does stay however and gets the chance, I’d love to be proved wrong

i understand I’ll get negged for this, but it’s a forum, and my opinion 

WAWAW

Arent you just an armsfolded hardman!  Gaaaah!

11 hours ago, poite said:

Brought in 3 players that are garbage?

Yeah, cos nobody wanted Wickham did they.

Heard nothing but positive things about De cruz

Windass scored on his debut.

Exactly this.

Wickham when fully up to speed will be great IF we give him the service which we haven't done so far. Windass and Da Cruz fit the profile of player we need to be signing.

Guest LondonOwl313
48 minutes ago, tarn owl said:

Not sure anyone will come in for Iorfa now as he’s started making loads of mistakes.. we need to sell players when their stock is high. Could have probably had £30m for Lees, Reach and Forestieri and since that point they’ve done very little 

Not sure who I would get in to manage is but not sure we’ll have a big budget and it’s obvious Monk isn’t working.. I don’t buy into the stuff when managers blame the team and basically say ‘oh it will be different once I change the players’. It’s a kop out... you work with what you have not bin people off mid season. Bruce got play off form out of largely the same squad, not saying we should be looking at promotion but we should be capable of doing the basics much better than we have done under Monk

58 minutes ago, tarn owl said:

Well if we have no credible option up top, other than Fletcher, shouldn’t he have brought in three, or at least one, that was

Edited by gurujuan

12 hours ago, BRADDO said:

Replace Monk. Fine by me. However all roads lead to DC. He is the core of the issues at the club and progress will not be made until he is gone. It's taken me a while to reach this conclusion but enough is enough. 

Absolutely spot on, nothing will change until there is a change at the top.

We need to take a new direct with a long term goal and Chansiri is totally incapable of doing that.

Sheffield Wednesday FC needs a complete overhaul in its entirety, from top to bottom, owner to players, corporate facilities to commercial opportunities.

The club has hit the heights in the 80's and 90's and we've seen success, we've also seen decline and stagnation, we've had a glimmer of hope when Chansiri came in and we took 2 steps forward but sadly now he is out of his depth and has been found out we have taken 10 steps back and we are in a far worse situation than when he arrived.

The time for him to leave is now along with Paxo and we need someone in who knows how to take us forward.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, tarn owl said:

Words fail me. You simply can not legislate for the stupidity of some people.

1 hour ago, gurujuan said:

Well if we have no credible option up top, other than Fletcher, shouldn’t he have brought in three, or at least one, that was

agreed but according to some 1 man makes a team , and if he is missing the team go's to pot  lol 

13 hours ago, Markowski77 said:

Bored and tired to death of hearing ‘Monk needs the summer to rebuild’ 

- He has never built a successful team

- He spaffed 50million at boro, in absolute crap 

- He hasn’t actually achieved anything much in management before been found out

- His tactics are hoof ball & belong in a museum 

- He has not shown me one bit of encouragement to trust the guy

- His press conferences are cringeworthy 

- Fallen Out with a number of each people at each club he has been at 

- He doesn’t play his best players

- Changes formation and tactics every game

- He has brought in 3 players who look total garbage (understand only 3 games in) 

Do we really want this man to ‘rebuild Wednesday?’ 

Its the biggest summer in years - we need a plan and project - and for me Monk isn’t the man for it!!

i don’t want monk to bring all these so called players with the right attitude, then be sacked in November for been out of his depth, then be stuck with all his signing we will be back to square one!

if he does stay however and gets the chance, I’d love to be proved wrong

i understand I’ll get negged for this, but it’s a forum, and my opinion 

WAWAW

Short-termism barely works. I’m not happy at all with our current form and performances and I don’t know if Monk is our long term answer but what I do know is that chopping and changing managers every two minutes hasn’t really worked for us in the past and isn’t likely to work in the future. 

At some point, we need to allow someone to implement and see through a long-term plan. 

I would give Monk the summer given that he’s seen the squad and knows what needs to be done. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, yeadonowl said:

that's the issue with the people who want Monk out, DC out - its not quite as simple as that and we would just continue on the roundabout of mediocracy 

at some point we have to put faith in a manager and some kind of long term strategy. Chopping and changing all of the time hasn't worked in the past so why do people think it's going to work now

If we do change manager now he is still going to have to work with Pelupessy and Nuhui (and the rest) until the end of the season anyway

At Forest, owner Fawaz got club legend Stuart Pearce, all seemed good at first ( bit like Carlos) but eventually the manager got found out along with the owner.

Wednesday for me are in an identical position, Monk is not the man for this job at this point in time and more importantly Chansiri is definitely not the owner to take us forward.

We need to force him to sell the club out of the best interests for everyone.

5 hours ago, Blue and white said:

Words fail me. You simply can not legislate for the stupidity of some people.

What.. like advocating that we change owners when there is virtually no chance of that happening?

Or mass clearouts when there's no money for replacements?

At least he's looking at the situation in a mature and realistic way in terms of what can actually be achieved within the constraints as they are.

You going on and on about radical change in that cringe worthy way does your view of your own intelligence little favour because most of us know it can't happen.

Love hearing all the people who say to get rid of the bad eggs and bring players in with the right attitude. Joey P has a great attitude but is not good enough at this level! Right attitude doesn't always bring quality, we could end up with a team who are easy to manage and have the right 'attitude' but who aren't good enough for this division.

I have sympathy re Monk if certain senior players have once again caused problems behind the scene. However, he has been well-backed by DC in the January window and neither performances nor results have been impressive which IMO casts considerable doubt on his managerial skills. As for interviews, totally uninspiring and repetitive. I have found it hard to listen to any all the way through.

21 minutes ago, cuttsy1982swfc said:

Love hearing all the people who say to get rid of the bad eggs and bring players in with the right attitude. Joey P has a great attitude but is not good enough at this level! Right attitude doesn't always bring quality, we could end up with a team who are easy to manage and have the right 'attitude' but who aren't good enough for this division.

Whereas at the moment we have a team that has not got the right attitude, is not easy to manage and is costing an absolute fortune in wages. 

16 hours ago, OwlBiSeeinThi said:

That's a goal kick isn't it? Or are you expecting this side, low on confidence, to play it out from the back?

In the middle of a storm? When there’s gale force winds swirling round the place? When your only outlet is Adthe ‘the wardrobe’ Nuhiu? Against Reading? Yes, I’m suggesting having a go at a pass or two might be preferable to the ball coming back at you every 35 seconds or so. Only way we build confidence is to try and stay comfy on the ball. I’m not saying it’s right for every situation and don’t mind us being direct on occasion, but Saturday just looked like we’ve only got one way to play (which we unfortunately probably have)