- He spaffed 50million at boro, in absolute crap 

- He hasn’t actually achieved anything much in management before been found out

- His tactics are hoof ball & belong in a museum 

- He has not shown me one bit of encouragement to trust the guy

- His press conferences are cringeworthy 

- Fallen Out with a number of each people at each club he has been at 

- He doesn’t play his best players

- Changes formation and tactics every game

- He has brought in 3 players who look total garbage (understand only 3 games in) 

Do we really want this man to ‘rebuild Wednesday?’ 

Its the biggest summer in years - we need a plan and project - and for me Monk isn’t the man for it!!

i don’t want monk to bring all these so called players with the right attitude, then be sacked in November for been out of his depth, then be stuck with all his signing we will be back to square one!

if he does stay however and gets the chance, I’d love to be proved wrong

i understand I’ll get negged for this, but it’s a forum, and my opinion 

WAWAW

I have to admit most of your points are giving me cause for concern. I tend to give managers the benefit of the doubt but some of his decisions do seem a little worrying and we certainly aren't playing nice football.

Markowski imo has summed up very well a whole range of issues surrounding Monk and his management;

- He has never built a successful team

I fear that he is still going to be in charge for the Birmingham match.

A loss would be highly likely meaning that would be 1 win from 11 games and 5 points out of a possible 33.

Across a whole season that would equate to 22 points which is truly unbelievable!

Monk has turned out to be a complete disaster at SWFC.

I suggested in an earlier thred that he needs the summer for his gardening leave.

The thought of him still being at the club come the summer fills me with total horror.

The man is toxic and has destroyed any semblance of team spirit remaining from the short Bruce era.

On 17/02/2020 at 13:15, Markowski77 said:

Bored and tired to death of hearing ‘Monk needs the summer to rebuild’ 

- He has brought in 3 players who look total garbage (understand only 3 games in) 

Its the biggest summer in years - we need a plan and project - and for me Monk isn’t the man for it!!

i don’t want monk to bring all these so called players with the right attitude, then be sacked in November for been out of his depth, then be stuck with all his signing we will be back to square one!

WAWAW

From February. Nail on head. 

On 17/02/2020 at 13:42, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

Exactly.

I'm in the "Monk deserves time and an opportunity to shift some of these egos/bottlers out", but I also get why fans are pointing fingers at him given current form.

But, who replaces him if that's the route we take?

Was plenty of talk around the Cowley brothers... they went to Huddersfield and they're as bad as we are! Then you've Chris Hughton, who seemingly would rather be in the dole queue than come here... Happy to hear suggestions from the "Monk out" people, as I see no clear and obvious improvement on Monk.

Don't forget the archaic Mick McCarthy, because he once did nothing with Ipswich, you know.

God no.

No way would I let Monk do anything.

He has to go.

We need a new chapter. 

I see no risk in letting him go - he can’t organise a team and doesn’t seem to have the players motivated or even on side. 

16 minutes ago, Andrew6666 said:

Don't forget the archaic Mick McCarthy

Not hoping for Mick, but Warnock seems archaic to me too... but he sure showed us up... he can be heard on the highlights against us barking at his team to drive forward. 

We need an enthusiastic yet forceful boss on our sideline. 

3 minutes ago, billyblack said:

I think its more, who 'could we realistically' replace Monk with

I didn’t want Monk, and nothing I’ve seen so far has even gone close to changing my mind However, given the huge rebuilding task, and only weeks before the new season starts, we would be so behind the eight ball, if we changed managers now 

Ironically, there are some credible candidates available now, but if we were going to make that change, we would have done it by now. So it’s down to Monk now, and I just hope we’re not having this same conversation in 6 months time. You can see the potential ready made excuses stacking up, not having a proper pre season, too much to do in one window, threat of points deduction etc

On 17/02/2020 at 13:15, Markowski77 said:

Bored and tired to death of hearing ‘Monk needs the summer to rebuild’ 

WAWAW

I need a summer to get over watching his god damn awful brand of football

Guest The Horse

We're not likely to hear the results of the pnael's verdict until after the play-offs at least.
Then there'll be appeals on both sides that will go on well into next season.
With uncertaintly hanging over us into next season and the repercussions of that being felt the seaon after that, there i sno-one who would take us on and no-one who knows the current situation better than Monk.

Going to have to stick by him.

I'm not anti Monk, but the only thing keeping him in a job are issues off the pitch, on the pitch has been beyond poor. 

Had he been appointed when Bruce left, had a pre season and transfer window, there would have been no excuse for results. 

Had covid not happened, he would have been gone without a doubt as we were spiralling towards the bottom 3.

Had the EFL charge not distracted us from results on the pitch, he would have gone. BTW Wigan made a fight of it despite actually having a points deduction, at least they had a go. 

I wanted him to succeed, but for a manager who doesn't stay in jobs too long, therefore has no prior credible history of building successful squads, not sure what more time would achieve. 

Ultimately, he's one of the worst performing managers in our history, worse than Jos, which is an achievement in itself and therefore struggle to make the case for him remaining....other than he's a patsy for DC and he was the only one willing to work under the conditions applied, with an inherited backroom team. 

7 minutes ago, striker said:

Ultimately, he's one of the worst performing managers in our history, worse than Jos, which is an achievement in itself and therefore struggle to make the case for him remaining....other than he's a patsy for DC and he was the only one willing to work under the conditions applied, with an inherited backroom team. 

Monk is finished at SWFC.

He would go now if he had a shred of integrity.

DC must surely fire him as he has failed completely and utterly.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Kopparberg said:

God no.

No way would I let Monk do anything.

He has to go.

We need a new chapter. 

I see no risk in letting him go - he can’t organise a team and doesn’t seem to have the players motivated or even on side. 

Not hoping for Mick, but Warnock seems archaic to me too... but he sure showed us up... he can be heard on the highlights against us barking at his team to drive forward. 

We need an enthusiastic yet forceful boss on our sideline. 

Old school. Yes Warnock saved Boro, but Boro have a decent squad that only Woodgate could have messed up.

2-1 wasn't really showing us up. 

37 minutes ago, Plonk said:

If only dam blades had not “ changed for changes sake” they would still have Adkins and be mid table div three. 

Exactly mate....Utd and Leeds both had 6 managers in 6 years before they found the right man .....we don’t have to stick with managers than are cr#p !!!