Sick of the - “Monk needs the summer”

6 minutes ago, poite said:

Brought in 3 players that are garbage?

Yeah, cos nobody wanted Wickham did they.

Heard nothing but positive things about De cruz

Windass scored on his debut.

Quite a few wanted Wickham, even more wanted Rhodes, and some want Monk to stay They may not be right though

4 minutes ago, dorian gray said:

it isn't 'the biggest summer in years', that one was 3/4 and 5 years ago.

the bulk of his squad is well past it's best, and needs moving on.

several 'stars' seem to be unhappy, and not playing ball, but that's nothing new. they did that to jos before.

wednesday have 'needed players with the right attitude' for more than a couple of seasons now.

we cannot be sure what his tactics will be with a balanced squad, one not totally reliant upon fletcher playing.

as for 'changing formation and tactics every game' I hope he does, we don't want another one idea, one tactic dumpling do we?

our side is failing because fletcher isn't playing, monk is desperately trying to find an alternative, but we haven't got a half decent forward at present, so he alters tactics in that search.

now from your post you either don't know a great deal about football, or you want him out 'cos you want more needless slow build up play, I think it's the latter.

but thankfully on this occasion (though it's damaged us in the past) dc doesn't do knee jerk reaction, and monk will be here for the summer window.

We are sleepwalking towards relegation - now isn’t the time to tamper , anyone who understands football like yourself know that? if you think midway through the season it’s a time to tamper with formations , personnel etc - we are bottom of the form league. With no sign of improvement 

With regards to biggest summer in years - yes it is, we have the mainstay of squad out of contract, getting the right recruitment this summer is imperative to our next 3 years.

he has clearly shown he has no identity or clue with what to do, we can’t be a team who just lumps it to fletcher/nuhui as that is what it has been, truly awful to watch!

In relation to slow build up play, I am open to that providing we have an idea, identity and structure that runs all the way into the academy 

with regards to new managers, I don’t have the answer than that - but it really can’t get much worse can it! 

Its great to have different ideas and opinions on here, I’m just hope we get our Wednesday back, and move forward - starting with DC at the top

WAWAW

10 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

Bruce said to change a club in transition you need AT LEAST three transfer markets...nothing since he left has made me disagree with that...whoever is in charge

And that's with a top quality manager like Steve Bruce at the helm. Garry Monk is far less experienced, inherited everyone in the squad (barring his 3 recruits a few weeks ago), hasn't had a pre-season here, and has his hands tied somewhat financially too. I'd be looking to give our manager (whoever that may be come the time) at least 3 windows AFTER the summer clear out.

10 minutes ago, poite said:

Brought in 3 players that are garbage?

Yeah, cos nobody wanted Wickham did they.

Heard nothing but positive things about De cruz

Windass scored on his debut.

Have you seen de Cruz play ? He wanders round the pitch like a lost boy 

really do hope he turns out to be a good signing though like I do every player we sign 

2 minutes ago, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

Any suggestions on Monk's replacement then pal? Cos I'd love to hear them.

Well no one could be doing much worse in fairness could they? 1 win in 10 bottom of the form table , sleepwalking towards relegation with dire performances 

I’m sure there would be plenty of candidates who could get more out of this team, than he is currently doing - I’m not advocating megson, but he would get more out of this team than Monk. 

Like ive said if he is given the chance, I really really hope I am wrong, and would love to be called out for that. But like I’ve stated earlier it’s just my opinion

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

And that's with a top quality manager like Steve Bruce at the helm. Garry Monk is far less experienced, inherited everyone in the squad (barring his 3 recruits a few weeks ago), hasn't had a pre-season here, and has his hands tied somewhat financially too. I'd be looking to give our manager (whoever that may be come the time) at least 3 windows AFTER the summer clear out.

And his own coaching staff.  To be in this position without his own number 2 is crazy

20 minutes ago, Markowski77 said:

We are sleepwalking towards relegation - now isn’t the time to tamper , anyone who understands football like yourself know that? if you think midway through the season it’s a time to tamper with formations , personnel etc - we are bottom of the form league. With no sign of improvement 

With regards to biggest summer in years - yes it is, we have the mainstay of squad out of contract, getting the right recruitment this summer is imperative to our next 3 years.

he has clearly shown he has no identity or clue with what to do, we can’t be a team who just lumps it to fletcher/nuhui as that is what it has been, truly awful to watch!

In relation to slow build up play, I am open to that providing we have an idea, identity and structure that runs all the way into the academy 

with regards to new managers, I don’t have the answer than that - but it really can’t get much worse can it! 

Its great to have different ideas and opinions on here, I’m just hope we get our Wednesday back, and move forward - starting with DC at the top

WAWAW

ALL of his attempts are governed by the fact that we cannot hit a cow's arse with a banjo, and cannot keep a clean sheet, WHY the squad is f***ed, and who built that?

Monk messed up at Leeds causing them to miss the play offs when they had a pretty decent team.

He spent a small fortune but was kicked out by M'boro after less than 6 months amid total acrimony.

He was sacked at the end of last season by Birmingham amid accusations that he had used an Agent to secure personal financial benfit.

1 minute ago, Owls Loyal said:

Monk messed up at Leeds causing them to miss the play offs when they had a pretty decent team.

He spent a small fortune but was kicked out by M'boro after less than 6 months amid total acrimony.

He was sacked at the end of last season by Birmingham amid accusations that he had used an Agent to secure personal financial benfit.

l**ds implode every year.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Markowski77 said:

Well no one could be doing much worse in fairness could they? 1 win in 10 bottom of the form table , sleepwalking towards relegation with dire performances 

I’m sure there would be plenty of candidates who could get more out of this team, than he is currently doing - I’m not advocating megson, but he would get more out of this team than Monk. 

Like ive said if he is given the chance, I really really hope I am wrong, and would love to be called out for that. But like I’ve stated earlier it’s just my opinion

I can't see any manager who we could attract coming in and doing any better TBH; assuming the players continue with the same attitude and mentality.

As much as I like Megson - he's one of us after all - if he's the best we can come up with, then we do have a problem.

Monk is a solid, if unspectacular, manager at this level, with still plenty to learn. I can't see how it's fair to judge him with an inherited squad of players who are proven serial losers. He's probably one of the better managers we could attract with our current predicament. What needs to happen is the players need to remain professional, respect the manager, do what he's asked of them, and start picking up points.

Just now, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

I can't see any manager who we could attract coming in and doing any better TBH; assuming the players continue with the same attitude and mentality.

As much as I like Megson - he's one of us after all - if he's the best we can come up with, then we do have a problem.

Monk is a solid, if unspectacular, manager at this level, with still plenty to learn. I can't see how it's fair to judge him with an inherited squad of players who are proven serial losers. He's probably one of the better managers we could attract with our current predicament. What needs to happen is the players need to remain professional, respect the manager, do what he's asked of them, and start picking up points.

Can I ask why? And what you have seen in Monk that he is the right man for the job and to take Wednesday forward?

28 minutes ago, Markowski77 said:

WAWAW

i'll repeat my previous question 'who do you think can or could get this squad into 3rd. place'?

he did, and when our only effective striker got injured he had the bring in 'the starts' from the bench and reserves, who are shyte. add to that we've suddenly got a keeper crisis, and what appears to be a 'passed it' duo in rebellion, and it's all roses. sit down and enjoy it, he'll be here a while.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Markowski77 said:

The questions is to all the “Monk needs time” fans

is;

- Why?

- What have you seen in our performances that he is the right man to take us forward?

I would love to know?

As mentioned previously, he's a solid, if unspectacular, manager who has a reasonable record at this level; especially give he's rather early into his managerial career.

He came in during a sh*tshow and got us into the top 3 before something clearly happened with some of the players around Christmas. Now I don't care for what has gone on, he's the manager and the players should respect that as fellow professionals, do what he's asking, and produce at the levels they are able to; which is better than 1 win in 10.

Also, I don't believe we are that attractive a proposition for many, if any, managers better than him.

This all smacks of excuses to me Probably only two of the out of contract players are regulars, and at least half a dozen of the side, will be Bruce signings. Do we now have to wait until Monk can bring in 25 of his own players, before we can properly judge him.

• Like 1

I have to say I totally disagree.

Manager of SWFC is still an attractive job for many.

Look how Bert McGee managed to sell the club to Big Jack, Wilko and Big Ron.

They would have had plenty of other options.

If you sell SWFC right we could land a manager far far better than the dull boring Mad Monk.

1 hour ago, Markowski77 said:

Defs agree - DC is currently the root cause of our current situation, which is a sad affair, after it all started so well!!! 

But I still think Monk should be getting more out of the team, and don’t think he is the man for the job at all!

still be there at St. Andrews on Saturday though - that’s the sad thing really , we must have MUGS tattooed over our foreheads 

mourinho, alf ramsey, and fergie together couldn't get our attack scoring without fletcher.

they couldn't get a clean sheet either, it might want revie to buy us one.