Sick of the - “Monk needs the summer”

1 hour ago, TodwickOwl said:

If he was trying to implement a decent style of play I'd get behind him 

Unfortunately, it's horrid to watch. 

I was behind Monk and firmly beleived that he didnt deserve to be judged until he has had at least one summer with his own players. The difficulty Im having right now isnt just the changes in personell every week, its the constant change in style and formation. A manager usually decides on a style of play, which he uses throughout the whole squad so that every player knows exatcly how to play and what to do..... a player gets injured, suspended or needs a rest, someone else drops in and instantly knows what to do. But with Monk, there is no set style. It changes game on game, no wonder they sometimes look like theyve never played together.

Case 2 - Monk recently said in an interview that the team arent creating enough chances for the forwards....... Then signs 4 more forwards. Bonkers.

3 hours ago, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

So, who do we replace Monk with?

Ill have a go, Champ Manager legend here. Couldn't do any worse at the moment. Silver lining, as the players get fined 2 weeks wages a helluva lot in my squad we'll save some cash. That 5 niller against Blackburn would have paid off Rhodes' transfer in fines :tango:

5 hours ago, Kanye West said:

You really think Monk himself has been impressed with the football?

He did well with our full strength team. Fletcher and Fox have been out and replaced with an out of position right back and a striker who has played only a handful of games in years.

So why didn’t he replace them in January?

6 hours ago, Markowski77 said:

Have you seen de Cruz play ? He wanders round the pitch like a lost boy 

really do hope he turns out to be a good signing though like I do every player we sign 

He's in a foreign country playing a different style of football in a crap team. Give him time.

He looks to have something about him.

5 hours ago, Waddling Owl said:

I’ve thought he needed time for a while and has been unfortunate with Fletcher being out. Saturday worried me a lot though. Having your keeper lump it long every single time into an actual gale force wind was mind boggling. In the early part of the first half, when we got it wide to Harris particularly and got the ball in, we at least looked like we carried a bit of threat.  After that there was nothing. In contrast a terrible Reading side get the ball down and play a couple of passes through the middle of our non existent midfield and we’re all at sea and chasing the game. The players are obviously bang average, but at the same time we look so tactically naive and without any plan at all and that’s scary

That's a goal kick isn't it? Or are you expecting this side, low on confidence, to play it out from the back?

36 minutes ago, stanningtonowl said:

So why didn’t he replace them in January?

Because we have no money. Wickham coming from a pl club will be on high wages so I imagine palace still pay him. Cruz will be on peanuts and windass can’t be on too much from Wigan.  

8 minutes ago, 83owl said:

Because we have no money. Wickham coming from a pl club will be on high wages so I imagine palace still pay him. Cruz will be on peanuts and windass can’t be on too much from Wigan.  

Then don’t sign Wickham. It’s lazy and not productive. Do some homework if you want a target man but need to sign someone in midfield.  Get two for the price of one. Possibly why we’re in the state we are in. 

Edited by stanningtonowl

Guest LondonOwl313
5 minutes ago, stanningtonowl said:

Then don’t sign Wickham. It’s lazy and not productive. Do some homework if you want a target man but need to sign someone in midfield.  Get two for the price of one. Possibly why we’re in the state we are in. 

I think all of the signings were a waste of time.. the season is over and Fletcher will be back in a few weeks. Why spend another half a mil on wages when we aren’t going anywhere. If we’d got them in start of January then maybe but we didn’t 

6 minutes ago, LondonOwl313 said:

I think all of the signings were a waste of time.. the season is over and Fletcher will be back in a few weeks. Why spend another half a mil on wages when we aren’t going anywhere. If we’d got them in start of January then maybe but we didn’t 

I agree. I’ve said from the off. He needs to

motivate the ones we’ve got before getting new ones. 
The statement from Westwood today beggars belief. £30/40 k a week? Not sure how much but wow.

What exactly is Monk supposed to do then ??  Because he’ll continue to try and polish the turd that is our players whilst occasionally adding to the shitmix aswell - for the want of trying something different 

no-one wins here, least of all if he gets sacked

3months of the season, points deduction looming; and fans STILL think we’ll magically rise like some ****** Phoenix if Monk is disposed of

If the whole issue at Wednesday is systemic then sacking Monk doesn’t solve the issue 

we have to ride this out I’m afraid.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Markowski77 said:

Bored and tired to death of hearing ‘Monk needs the summer to rebuild’ 

- He has never built a successful team

- He spaffed 50million at boro, in absolute crap 

- He hasn’t actually achieved anything much in management before been found out

- His tactics are hoof ball & belong in a museum 

- He has not shown me one bit of encouragement to trust the guy

- His press conferences are cringeworthy 

- Fallen Out with a number of each people at each club he has been at 

- He doesn’t play his best players

- Changes formation and tactics every game

- He has brought in 3 players who look total garbage (understand only 3 games in) 

Do we really want this man to ‘rebuild Wednesday?’ 

Its the biggest summer in years - we need a plan and project - and for me Monk isn’t the man for it!!

i don’t want monk to bring all these so called players with the right attitude, then be sacked in November for been out of his depth, then be stuck with all his signing we will be back to square one!

if he does stay however and gets the chance, I’d love to be proved wrong

i understand I’ll get negged for this, but it’s a forum, and my opinion 

WAWAW

I’m bored of threads trying to get rid of him. 

You’ve picked up some valid points. Totally one sided diatribe.

9 hours ago, 83owl said:

There would have been tears on here had we not signed Wickham. His name has been brought up every transfer window since he left, grown men telling Conor to “come home” 

Not from me. 

another crock was the last thing we needed.