Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread 2020-2021

58 minutes ago, malek said:

As far as I know Matt O'Riley is still a free agent after leaving Fulham. 

19 years old 6'1'' playmaker who passes ball as well as Bannan and someone who would instantly turn us into better "footballing side". Someone talented and good enough to build long term future around. 

Signing that could prove to be as far sighted as those of Glenn Whelan and Chris Brunt. 

Turned down long term contract from Fulham in order to play regular first team football. 

Great shout, really surprised he's not accepted a contract somewhere yet, you'd have assumed there would be decent interest in him.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, LoanRanger said:

Saint Etienne who are 7th in Ligue 1?

Look I'll eat my hat if it ever happened but we haven't a snowball's chance in... in my opinion.

I accept its unlikely but no reason why we should not try. We have been one of the few Championship clubs buying players this summer. Ijust donot think geography is a reason wewould not ge thim.

Just now, Quist said:

I accept its unlikely but no reason why we should not try. We have been one of the few Championship clubs buying players this summer. Ijust donot think geography is a reason wewould not ge thim.

I hear you but it's not really just geography, to be fair.

You'd have to assume they'll want to send him to a Brentford or someone not battling relegation all year.

13 minutes ago, LoanRanger said:

Great shout, really surprised he's not accepted a contract somewhere yet, you'd have assumed there would be decent interest in him.

I'm sure there are fair few clubs interested in him, guess he is biding his time and not rushing what could be most important decision in his career. 

As I mentioned earlier, we need to add quality to our starting eleven, if we want to improve on last season. We’ve done that with Brown, but not really elsewhere. The two areas where we can definitely improve on the current options, are at wing back, both sides, and by bringing in a new strike pairing. Those are the areas we need to concentrate on. If we can bring in more than 4 players, by all means look at a keeper, or a centre back, in some midfield back up, but if funds are limited, FFS let’s concentrate on where improvements are most needed

Guest wilyfox
1 minute ago, gurujuan said:

As I mentioned earlier, we need to add quality to our starting eleven, if we want to improve on last season. We’ve done that with Brown, but not really elsewhere. The two areas where we can definitely improve on the current options, are at wing back, both sides, and by bringing in a new strike pairing. Those are the areas we need to concentrate on. If we can bring in more than 4 players, by all means look at a keeper, or a centre back, in some midfield back up, but if funds are limited, FFS let’s concentrate on where improvements are most needed

c’mon get real now. We’re not gonna sign 2 more strikers. We’ve signed 3 already. Windass & Paterson will feature prominently, and if we manage to get Zohore that may squeeze Rhodes out. That’ll probably be it up top.

Yes, we need another winger/wing-back. If we don’t replace Murphy then we’ll struggle.

I think we’ll sign 1 striker, 1 winger/wing-back, and 1 defender. Camp primed in case Westwood departs or Wildsmith goes on loan.

12 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

c’mon get real now. We’re not gonna sign 2 more strikers. We’ve signed 3 already. Windass & Paterson will feature prominently, and if we manage to get Zohore that may squeeze Rhodes out. That’ll probably be it up top.

Yes, we need another winger/wing-back. If we don’t replace Murphy then we’ll struggle.

I think we’ll sign 1 striker, 1 winger/wing-back, and 1 defender. Camp primed in case Westwood departs or Wildsmith goes on loan.

Be a shame if that is the case, and yet another wasted window

Guest wilyfox
9 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

it’s not really wasted. Money is tight and we started on -12. Only so much can be done this time. Personally, I think we’ve done alright if we strengthen those 3 areas. 

10 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

We was never going to go get all the players we want in one window esp with the deduction covid19 ffp restrictions? Next summer Bannan oddjob Palmer harris reach Rhodes pelepoop van aken Penney lees Westwood all out of contract that’s when another big turnover will happen? Agree think we Might have been able to get better than what we have atm but none of us realise just how hard it will be to attract players here atm? With all of the above we have a manager with not the best track record and a owner who well is........ prob known for being a bit erratic? Don’t think most of us realise what such an enormous job monk has got atm? And I’m no particular monk lover either 

4 minutes ago, Mick70 said:

We was never going to go get all the players we want in one window esp with the deduction covid19 ffp restrictions? Next summer Bannan oddjob Palmer harris reach Rhodes pelepoop van aken Penney lees Westwood all out of contract that’s when another big turnover will happen? Agree think we Might have been able to get better than what we have atm but none of us realise just how hard it will be to attract players here atm? With all of the above we have a manager with not the best track record and a owner who well is........ prob known for being a bit erratic? Don’t think most of us realise what such an enormous job monk has got atm? And I’m no particular monk lover either 

I’m a bit concerned that we’ve signed a few that we will be in the same boat with, ie waiting for their contracts to run down Its not really clear how we’ve actually improved on what we had last season. That’s why I have to be optimistic that we will address that before this window closes

Just now, gurujuan said:

I’m a bit concerned that we’ve signed a few that we will be in the same boat with, ie waiting for their contracts to run down Its not really clear how we’ve actually improved on what we had last season. That’s why I have to be optimistic that we will address that before this window closes

Think zohore will arrive and defo a cb ( clarke salter) fingers x also wouldn’t surprise me if we bought lad from wolves ? Think it’s really hard market atm? Only positive we have with the players signed is they’ll play more than those who have gone? Injury wise and apart from brown yep they not much better quality wise? I know you don’t fancy flint but I’d not turn my nose up if he did arrive just need quality up other end????

2 hours ago, malek said:

As far as I know Matt O'Riley is still a free agent after leaving Fulham. 

19 years old 6'1'' playmaker who passes ball as well as Bannan and someone who would instantly turn us into better "footballing side". Someone talented and good enough to build long term future around. 

Signing that could prove to be as far sighted as those of Glenn Whelan and Chris Brunt. 

Turned down long term contract from Fulham in order to play regular first team football. 

No use for us then. Need to wait a good 10-15 years then we might consider him.