Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread 2020-2021

Guest wilyfox
27 minutes ago, bladeshater said:

Dunkley as been training from day one zohore hasn't been on the park for around a month

Dunkley’s injury was more serious.

39 minutes ago, yeadonowl said:

Dawson gone to West Ham from Watford on loan with a view to permanent deal

Guess Watford will be looking for a centre half now

Didn't they sign one a few weeks ago from one of the other club owned by the Pozzo family

Dunkley a strange one. I didn’t realise would be this long getting ready n fit. 
knew had bad injury n out since feb but still miles away from match fitness and big risk whether will get back to normal. Fingers crossed. 
paying wages out for a while for no gain 

3 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

imo we can’t afford to be signing a player that we don’t know how long it will be until he is match fit. We need a striker to come in to the team straight away. Dunkley signing for me is a mistake and we can’t afford to make another especially on big big wages. 

Don't think Dunkley is a mistake potentially a good championship centre who was at the heart of everything good at Wigan and well worth the risk because of the sensible money he's costing us but Zahore is a bigger risk fitness wise and the cost is frightening considering our financial plight. 

18 minutes ago, gizowl said:

Don't think Dunkley is a mistake potentially a good championship centre who was at the heart of everything good at Wigan and well worth the risk because of the sensible money he's costing us but Zahore is a bigger risk fitness wise and the cost is frightening considering our financial plight. 

Not sure about the “at the heart of everything good” statement. 
Once he got injured they went on a brilliant run which would of kept them up without the big points deduction. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, gizowl said:

Possibly, though with Zohore, we are getting a player who has been with two sides who have recently won promotion to the top flight. Dunkley on the other hand has spent his whole career in and out of struggling teams

• Like 1

6 hours ago, gizowl said:

Couldn’t agree more. Commanding CB with championship experience for free, likely on less than the other 4 CB’s hardly seems like bad business just because he takes a few months to recover. 

6 hours ago, gurujuan said:

Possibly, though with Zohore, we are getting a player who has been with two sides who have recently won promotion to the top flight. Dunkley on the other hand has spent his whole career in and out of struggling teams

On that logic shouldn’t we be breaking the bank to bring back Gary Madine? 

Just think we've been very prudent with our transfer business lately but I don't think Zahore has that hunger to come just for the football alone or the enthusiasm that recent signings have shown, it's more of I'll come if the moneys right and we've had enough of those. 

15 minutes ago, gizowl said:

Just think we've been very prudent with our transfer business lately but I don't think Zahore has that hunger to come just for the football alone or the enthusiasm that recent signings have shown, it's more of I'll come if the moneys right and we've had enough of those. 

Hunger and enthusiasm alone, won’t bring us goals, as we’ve seen If we have to rely on Paterson, Windass and Kachunga for goals, lawd help us We need a serious injection of quality. Whether Zohore is that, I’m not sure, but he’s better than any of those other misfits

• Like 2