Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread 2020-2021

If ever two consecutive posts were made to go together...

12 minutes ago, vulva said:

Before we go spunking more money on overpaid footballers could we find our moral compass again and refund season ticket money that was handed over 18 months ago. To people losing their jobs, before Christmas and in the middle of a global pandemic. 

Just a thought, like. 

10 minutes ago, 0114 said:

Att has followed Zohore again. 

1147094158_Laugh2.gif.dc7922b5960e655534e1084ec7b57844.gif

• Haha 1

If we do sign Zohore and he really is on 40k a week at WBA, I'd like to know what the long-term plan is with him.

I do rate him as a player, and I've no doubt he'd improve us as a team, but there seems very little prospect of us having him for longer than this season.

Is that a problem? Obviously, given the points deduction, the need to have a functional team is all the more pressing than usual, so if this is the only way we can get the requisite quality in for this season then so be it. We can worry about bringing a longer-term replacement in for Fletcher next summer when we'll hopefully have staved off relegation, and not be having to contend with a points-deduction.

But otherwise, since it seems we've been tracking him for well over a month, I'm surprised that we even looked to go down the ‘expensive loan-signing’ route so early on in the striker search.

11 minutes ago, cowl said:

If we do sign Zohore and he really is on 40k a week at WBA, I'd like to know what the long-term plan is with him.

I do rate him as a player, and I've no doubt he'd improve us as a team, but there seems very little prospect of us having him for longer than this season.

Is that a problem? Obviously, given the points deduction, the need to have a functional team is all the more pressing than usual, so if this is the only way we can get the requisite quality in for this season then so be it. We can worry about bringing a longer-term replacement in for Fletcher next summer when we'll hopefully have staved off relegation, and not be having to contend with a points-deduction.

But otherwise, since it seems we've been tracking him for well over a month, I'm surprised that we even looked to go down the ‘expensive loan-signing’ route so early on in the striker search.

Think the club knew that this window was always going to be a difficult one to operate in? I’d rather commit to only one yr for someone ( don’t know if zohore the quality we need?) than going down the Rhodes route? Big wages long contract? Who knows we might even be doing a loan with view to permanent? 

1 hour ago, 0114 said:

Att has followed Zohore again. 

This article is before he unfollowed them. Yorks live re hash stories every 10 days or so this is fourth time to my knowledge they have run this story. just exceedingly poor journalismasnot evenupdatedwith obvious changes. Think agent or WBA must be giving parent company a nudge,he is no prize at currrent cost and trying to create fan interest in him. 

We have already bought one injured player who would be a couple of weeks behind but unlikely tobe fit before November. All we needis another one with a calf problem which has been clearing upfor last 8 weeks.

42 minutes ago, Mick70 said:

Think the club knew that this window was always going to be a difficult one to operate in? I’d rather commit to only one yr for someone ( don’t know if zohore the quality we need?) than going down the Rhodes route? Big wages long contract? Who knows we might even be doing a loan with view to permanent? 

If we're doing a loan with a view to it being permanent then that would be us going precisely down the Rhodes route again.

Like I say though, if this is the only way we can bring the quality we need in, that's the way we'll have to do it.

Guest wilyfox
15 minutes ago, bladeshater said:

To me that means he's injured

means he’s coming back from injury and they’re building him up - like we are with Dunkley.

13 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

means he’s coming back from injury and they’re building him up - like we are with Dunkley.

imo we can’t afford to be signing a player that we don’t know how long it will be until he is match fit. We need a striker to come in to the team straight away. Dunkley signing for me is a mistake and we can’t afford to make another especially on big big wages. 

Edited by WalthamOwl
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1