Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread 2020-2021

10 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

I can smell an incoming transfer. Breathe in deeply and tell me what you can make of it.

I smell autumnal leaves drying out along a cosmopolitan walkway. I smell expensive gentleman’s cologne, but intertwined with the sweat of hard endeavour, plus the sweet smell of coconut.

What non-bovine aromas can you detect in the air that hint of an arrival?

I am getting an aroma of fresh optimism wafting in from the fields and the late summmer chirruping of birds. The hound is snoring gently and having a good dream with regular wags of tail. Dom has uttered his wise words which illustrate his total lack of knowledge of what is happening down Wednesday way. 

Something is in he wind (it is a Mary Poppins moment) I see arrivals a plenty coming through the door 

On the other hand it could be the manure spreader of neighbouring farmer and another dinghy load of migrants.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Bloxwich Owl said:

Barnsley are ‘interested’ in a move for Charlton Athletic striker Macauley Bonne, as per a report by talkSPORT. 

The Tykes are looking to rival QPR and another unnamed Championship side to sign the Zimbabwe international.

I’d take Woodrow from the Dingles, he’d be ideal for us

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Themagiccap said:

Matt O'Riley is still available after he turned down a deal at Fulham.

he'd walk into our midfield and instantly make us better. 

highly unlikely but he clearly wants game time over a long term deal at a PL club

True, would be a tremendous signing. 19 years old with super touch, vision and passing skill. Looks like someone capable of developing into Premier League player. 

10 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

Bonne could be a decent signing but wouldn’t really work as a no 9. If qpr got him and Dykes they’d have got a good pairing there on the relative cheap

QPR investing the Eze money across the team. They spent £2.5M on Rob Dickie and £2M on Dykes. Mind you after their FFP troubles they've managed to raise over £27M in player sales over 3 years and £45M over 5 years. 

17 minutes ago, Beauchief Owl said:

I think we were linked to Bonne last year, when he was on sale for 200K from Leyton Orient. Unfortunately, as we now know we were in an embargo  so I suppose the deal would have been difficult to do.

Also doubt we'd have prioritised a striker with about 5-6 already here  

Sheffield Wednesday are amongst a handful of Championship clubs that have been offered a boost in their pursuit of Dion Sanderson, who looks to have no future at Wolves. 

An update has emerged from The Athletic’s Tim Spiers, who has noted how Sanderson has missed out on selection in Wolves’ under-23 fixture against Leeds United today.

He’s expected to move out of Molineux at some point this summer, with Spiers even stating that could be on a permanent basis.

via FLW and The Athletic: https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/sheffield-wednesday-and-cardiff-city-transfer-targets-future-becomes-clearer/