Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread 2020-2021

Guest Kagoshimaowl
53 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Be a poor option, another thirty something Fletcher clone

Yeah because Fletcher was poor, wasn’t he?  Jesus wept...

4 hours ago, Bluesteel said:

I think Monk said earlier this week that he only wants to pick players up in the market if they have the same attitude and mentality as the rest of the team. 

Zohore sounds like someone who needs a lot of management and motivation to get the best out of him. That’s not to say he wouldn’t be up for it if he came here but from the outside it just seems at odds with the other business we’ve done. 

Could he end up being a bit of a smoke screen for us?

On the topic of smoke screens? Who was the player we put an article about on the official website many years ago stating we had bid for him and then signed someone else? We were such sh17houses back then. 

Was it Rasiak? Said we put a £2.5million pound bid or something in and ended up signing Francis Jeffers?

5 minutes ago, fingyfop said:

Was it Rasiak? Said we put a £2.5million pound bid or something in and ended up signing Francis Jeffers?

that was one where I think we used him a bit like we did with Tyson so we’d be seen to chase players we couldn’t afford.  I’m sure this other one was a defender or midfielder, quite obscure

1 minute ago, fingyfop said:

It was the infamous £750,000 that the club were desperate to give away but despite a lot of noise about it in the press (for some reason :dry:) we just couldn't get anyone interested in taking it. From memory there was...

Steve Howard, Nathan Tyson, Lee Trundle, Gregorsz Rasiak, Kenwyne Jones, Patrick Kluivert (yes, really), Clive Platts, Luke Beckett, Scott Taylor, Adam Le Fondre...

And then we ended up with possibly our worst signing of the modern era who predictably was injured most of the time and crap when he occasionally deigned to turn out.

There were reports that at least 3 clubs were taking it up with the FA because they thought we were using them to try and impress our supporters.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, vulva said:

Not so much a rumour but a player Monk likes, that isn’t playing, in a position where we are desperate. I’d be amazed if we haven’t made enquiries. 

He started against Brentford? 

There's been no substance to this rumour once this season, other than the fact we all want him.

31 minutes ago, LoanRanger said:

There's been no substance to this rumour once this season, other than the fact we all want him.

I fookín don't.

Just now, Thurcroft owl 72 said:

Garner is on dependent on medical. Another at same time

Has he bombed out at Watford already then? That was quick. Only signed Friday...

Cyle Larin looking like he will move on from Besiktas still.

Turkish media had us linked last few months with him along with Leeds and PAOK.

Probably cost £3m+ but tall, strong and fast and might be able to turn him into a decent asset. Canadian national team carries a bit of a buzz right now too with Davies etc.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Jamie_W said:

Jota off to Liverpool, haha, I remember this place thought we were in with a shout at getting him before he went to Wolves. Nevermind eh...

You’re thinking of a different Jota. He was at Brentford, moved to Birmingham then Villa.