Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread 2020-2021

2 hours ago, Pieman said:

Reach needs to deliver this season...he takes a spot.

Exactly, one cb is pulled wide, two to cover the centre. It doesn’t matter if you’re a defensive or attacking midfielder, midfielders always have to track midfielders runs. The whole point of Monks philosophy is that we have a dynamic team. An interpretation of that is that players have the legs to track their players. Good teams both defend and attack as a unit, therefore not needing insurance players.

I don’t want to see reach centrally. For me we either play him wide or try to sell/swap.
Yes I understand that we are trying to move towards more of a midfield unit rather than individuals but they will all have their own strengths and weaknesses, for me we still lack physicality in there (fdb) aside and someone who has defensive attributes as well. It’s all well and good Bannan tracking back but he still has a job to do when he gets there.

Still strikers out there that I'd go for:-

Chris Martin - Free agent, 11 goals last season. 

Benik Afobe - Last year of contract, spent a portion last year on loan at Bristol City. Still only 27.

Yaya Sanogo - Free agent, still only 27, got 3 goals in 8 games when last in this division. 

Borja Baston - Still only 28, free agent, scored about 1 in 3 in the Championship. Might have played under Monk at Swansea?? 

Nouha Dicko - Plenty of experience at this level. Still only 28. Free agent. 

Need 2 in at least this week, whoever they are. 

Edited by CalmJimmers
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, Asio otus said:

Brentford spending 10 mill on an above average player , underlines what is wrong with the game. Total madness.

They'll raise £40-50M from Watkins and Benrahma. So makes it quite irrelevent. 

Its like us spending a fifth of the Joao fee. Which is about £1M. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Brentford have a very successful history of signing players and selling them for a lot more. They know what they are doing. 

Perhaps they will be willing to send Fross on loan here. Did great in League One for AFC Wimbledon last season. And they are not a side that creates loads of scoring chances for their forwards.

Sure we was linked with Kachunga before and nothing came of it 

He’s someone who wouldn’t be too bad as a squad player, but I can’t see why we would only be going for him now unless he’s 3/4th choice down the list 

Borja Bastón I’ve no clue about, 6’4 lump ? Never seemed to score many has he