Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread 2020-2021

3 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

The star understands Windass deal should be completed by the weekend. They also say Windass might not be enough upfront! Jesus Christ you think!

Why is everything we do like wading through treacle ?

And Windass aint a striker.....................he is in the same bracket as Izzy Brown really.

• Like 3

Sam Cosgrove at Aberdeen would be a decent signing.

£2m fee was agreed with a French side but he turned the move down. 

23 years old, 6ft 2 and scored 28 goals in 60 games over the past 2 seasons. 

I know players who come from the SPL are hit and miss but on paper with the finances we have available it looks a risk worth taking. 

• Like 1

Guest wilyfox
1 minute ago, 0114 said:

Sam Cosgrove at Aberdeen would be a decent signing.

£2m fee was agreed with a French side but he turned the move down. 

23 years old, 6ft 2 and scored 28 goals in 60 games over the past 2 seasons. 

I know players who come from the SPL are hit and miss but on paper with the finances we have available it looks a risk worth taking. 

injured, and Dykes is the better prospect for same money

1 minute ago, wilyfox said:

injured, and Dykes is the better prospect for same money

He was out for 4 to 6 weeks. That was reported at the end of July. So he’s around 2 weeks away. 

Dykes signed for QPR. So not really an option. 

Guest wilyfox
4 minutes ago, 0114 said:

Dykes signed for QPR. So not really an option. 

I know. My point was...if we had that sort of money to spend - which we probably don’t - Dykes was the better option.

2 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

I know. My point was...if we had that sort of money to spend - which we probably don’t - Dykes was the better option.

In your opinion.

Cosgrove is younger and scored 23 in 37 last season including 6 out of 6 in the Europa League. 

Where as Dykes scored 12 in 33.  

• Like 4

Kachunga is good in the air, quite direct on the ball too. So for a free he would be a low risk signing and with a fresh start he could perhaps get some confidence and in that scenario he’d be capable of getting a few goals. 

But I do think we need a mobile tall centre forward from somewhere. Dykes seemed a good option, Cosgrove as mentioned above, Kamberi , Hornby moved from Everton to Reims we could’ve been all over that. Borja has had decent spells in this league though but we are hoping to turn some fortunes around by the looks of things!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CalmJimmers said:

Still strikers out there that I'd go for:-

Chris Martin - Free agent, 11 goals last season. 

Benik Afobe - Last year of contract, spent a portion last year on loan at Bristol City. Still only 27.

Yaya Sanogo - Free agent, still only 27, got 3 goals in 8 games when last in this division. 

Borja Baston - Still only 28, free agent, scored about 1 in 3 in the Championship. Might have played under Monk at Swansea?? 

Nouha Dicko - Plenty of experience at this level. Still only 28. Free agent. 

Need 2 in at least this week, whoever they are. 

Martin would be decent to be honest. However, I no longer think we should look for a Fletcher almost like for like replacement. I think it would suit us more to go for more athletic and dynamic strikers. Players that can make the most of the chances Bannan and Brown should create. Run onto things, chase lost causes down, and have plenty of energy.

I'd be desperately searching for the next possible star at this level, a young top flight loanee; some released youngster, lower league or non league or a bargain from abroad, for example. Much easier said, than done but preferably that's the sort of attackers I hope we're targeting. 

Edited by The Night-Owl
  • Like 3

Realistically we need 3 forwards. 4 if we can shift Rhodes on. I’d take Martin and Kachunga on frees as squad players but I’d still want 2 more players to start. 2 players with a bit of pace that work hard and can finish. Not too much to ask for.