Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread 2020-2021

Guest wilyfox

I do find Joe’s last tweet about alerting availability a bit ridiculous. I’m sure a player’s agent will make damn sure clubs know he’s available if likely to move. The notion of doing it on the sly with no-one knowing is rather silly.

31 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Reading striker Meite linked with move to Sheffield Utd. This is the type of player we should be looking for, Reading signed him for nothing from PSG

Chris Wilder can do wonders with strikers (Leon Clark anyone), I wouldn't say this suggests he's actually any good. (Though he looked alright last season).

1 minute ago, Daizan10 said:

Chris Wilder can do wonders with strikers (Leon Clark anyone), I wouldn't say this suggests he's actually any good. (Though he looked alright last season).

It was more about the point that you can find these big mobile strikers for little or no money on the continent 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

I do find Joe’s last tweet about alerting availability a bit ridiculous. I’m sure a player’s agent will make damn sure clubs know he’s available if likely to move. The notion of doing it on the sly with no-one knowing is rather silly.

I don't think they go out with a megaphone. They will just let anyone who happens to mention the player to them that they already have interest or if they are contacted regarding a certain position or type of player. Hard to keep quiet, but if you have really found an unknown gem, they wont have the contacts yet to go blaring out they are available - that or no-one will care. Whoever from Leicester that found Mahrez from Le Havre - that's the kind of creative thinking we need (Im not sure we have bothered to put any money into scouting though, rather just see who the next has been off Paxio's list of clients.) 

Edited by Daizan10

1 minute ago, Daizan10 said:

I don't think they go out with a megaphone. They will just let anyone who happens to mention the player to them that they already have interest or if they are contacted regarding a certain position or type of player. Hard to keep quiet, but if you have really found an unknown gem, they wont have the contacts yet to go blaring out they are available - that or no-one will care. Whoever from Leicester that found Mahrez from Le Havre - that's the kind of creative thinking we need. 

Yep

Guest wilyfox
2 minutes ago, Daizan10 said:

I don't think they go out with a megaphone. They will just let anyone who happens to mention the player to them that they already have interest or if they are contacted regarding a certain position or type of player. Hard to keep quiet, but if you have really found an unknown gem, they wont have the contacts yet to go blaring out they are available - that or no-one will care. Whoever from Leicester that found Mahrez from Le Havre - that's the kind of creative thinking we need (Im not sure we have bothered to put any money into scouting though, rather just see who the next has been of Paxio's list of clients. 

Give over. Agents tout their clients all the time.

3 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

Give over. Agents tout their clients all the time.

Yes, but only to clubs they hear are after a certain player type or want a certain attribute and only if the agent has contacts - that's why we need to scout in places like the French lower leagues and north Africa - to get these players at source (before they have an agent with contacts at every championship club). But i don't think we will. 

Edited by Daizan10

Guest gizowl
7 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

It was more about the point that you can find these big mobile strikers for little or no money on the continent 

Yes that's what quite a few were saying several weeks ago, we're still waiting :wacko:

Wishful thinking that we haven’t announced the shirt sponsor yet as it’s going to be big investment to help us sign new players?  

Yeah, just remembered it’s going to be Chansiri as the main sponsor again and we’re just rubbish at getting shirts out to fans at a reasonable time.  As you were everybody 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Guest gizowl
1 minute ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Thats coz he let the cat out of the bag, surprising who reads OT 

The weather girls have brought a new record out,  " it's raining big mobile strikers ".

6 minutes ago, Daizan10 said:

Yes, but only to clubs they hear are after a certain player type or want a certain attribute and only if the agent has contacts - that's why we need to scout in places like the French lower leagues and north Africa - to get these players at source (before they have an agent with contacts at every championship club). But i don't think we will. 

Once a time was quiet , now there are scouts around these clubs all the time its getting so difficult. I was watching a French non league game while away and there were several scouts from England, Germany etc . A number of players were youngsters released from French league clubs. its far difficult than it ever was, everyone is trying to find that bargain that will go onto make them some money!!

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

Only underwhelming if you're one of these that's insistent that the -12 isn't detrimental to our recruitment... for me it's darned square in line with what we can expect/hope for.

-12 or not we should be bringing in better players than Kachunga.

5 minutes ago, Owls-Fan said:

Wishful thinking that we haven’t announced the shirt sponsor yet as it’s going to be big investment to help us sign new players?  

Yeah, just remembered it’s going to be Chansiri as the main sponsor again and we’re just rubbish at getting shirts out to fans at a reasonable time.  As you were everybody 

yes I would think wishful thinking. No doubt will be Chansiri plastered on it again. Hope I can get a couple of shirts without Chansiri on it.