Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread 2020-2021

3 minutes ago, room0035 said:

1 goal, 7 assist in 25 games but only played 90 minutes - 6 times.

With money so tight bringing players in with suspect injury records just for me seems the wrong move. At the end of the season he goes back to Chelsea.

Would rather us look to a league one midfielder we can get cheap and improve, or a free agent such as maddison who is only 26 and will improve.

Maddison has a suspect attitude apparently that is why no one in the championship wants to take a gamble on him. He didn’t even shine in a very poor Hull side

Short term Brown is a good signing

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, sethman75 said:

Would be seriously happy with Izzy Brown and Keke Simmons signing up

Me too, along with FDB and Dunkley, we seem to be targeting players with the sorts of attributes we've lacked in recent years. They should give us a good blend of physical strength; athleticism, youth, experience, creativity and dynamism. We still lack firepower and a midfield beast, and could do with getting Murphy back on loan if possible but I'm pleased that recently we've been targeting players that suit us and should make us more effective as a team. 

• Like 1

Brown is a good signing, and hopefully he can have a season with little injuries. If we can sign Windass as well, and get Reach and Harris going again, we'll look good when it comes to attacking midfielders. We still need a physical defensive midfielder with a bit of presence, though. Hopefully that will be adressed. I believe Fisayo is more of a box-to-box midfielder. 

Will be interesting to see if Penney can force his way into the side. His year in Germany will be a great experience for him. We're short on left backs, though, so could see us signing someone for that position too. 

With the signing of Brown I can see us going 4-2-3-1/4-3-3 this season, meaning we'll be in the market for at least one striker who fits that formation. Would have liked to have kept Nuhiu, as I think he's a good character to have around the dressing room, as well as a different option from the bench. . 

1 minute ago, WalthamOwl said:

Really not sure about Simmonds. Would the lad really be ready for Championship football after having no first team experience? It’s a risk and also it sounds like he wants some decent wages. 

It’s a risk.

But risks are sometimes worth taking on these young untried prem academy lads.

you just know that if we don’t sign him, someone else in the league will and he’ll get into double figures.

2 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Really not sure about Simmonds. Would the lad really be ready for Championship football after having no first team experience? It’s a risk and also it sounds like he wants some decent wages. 

I'd take him if we were getting another couple in ahead of him aswell. 

In the attacking positions I think we need a right winger/wing back and 3 strikers still. Maybe there's room for Simmonds amongst that. I don't know. 

Continue to be impressed by our recent recruitment, also the speed we're working at compared to previous seasons where it's all been last minute.

Hopefully plenty of work behind the scenes to get one or two forwards in for our training camp next week. Windass probably and maybe another surprise signing?

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Shezza said:

Brown is a good signing, and hopefully he can have a season with little injuries. If we can sign Windass as well, and get Reach and Harris going again, we'll look good when it comes to attacking midfielders. We still need a physical defensive midfielder with a bit of presence, though. Hopefully that will be adressed. I believe Fisayo is more of a box-to-box midfielder. 

Will be interesting to see if Penney can force his way into the side. His year in Germany will be a great experience for him. We're short on left backs, though, so could see us signing someone for that position too. 

With the signing of Brown I can see us going 4-2-3-1/4-3-3 this season, meaning we'll be in the market for at least one striker who fits that formation. Would have liked to have kept Nuhiu, as I think he's a good character to have around the dressing room, as well as a different option from the bench. . 

Still think we will go 532 as Monk stated. Still need strikers whatever

3 minutes ago, striker said:

Continue to be impressed by our recent recruitment, also the speed we're working at compared to previous seasons where it's all been last minute.

Hopefully plenty of work behind the scenes to get one or two forwards in for our training camp next week. Windass probably and maybe another surprise signing?

think we will get a Windass type signing, a youngster we take a chance on Simmonds / Da Cruz etc and then i'm hoping we get 2 experienced championship strikers 

The experienced strikers can be frees like Martin or loans like Hogan or Afobe or maybe Zohore

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Shezza said:

Did he say we'll be playing 5-3-2 the coming season? 

What he said was:

I want us to have a little bit of a glimpse of what I want it to be moving forward. I want us to be brave and play attacking football and try and be on that front foot. 

Over the course of the three (post lockdown) games, I think we've seen a lot of it. Arriving in their final third, of course we need to get better at that, but that will come with time and work. But I think overall in the short space of time we've worked on this way of playing and what I want the club to move forward to, I think they've done exceptionally well with it. 

That's the way I want the club to go and the football we're going to try and play.

I'm not sure he was referring to a particular formation or more a general philosophy / style of play.

36 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

What he said was:

I want us to have a little bit of a glimpse of what I want it to be moving forward. I want us to be brave and play attacking football and try and be on that front foot. 

Over the course of the three (post lockdown) games, I think we've seen a lot of it. Arriving in their final third, of course we need to get better at that, but that will come with time and work. But I think overall in the short space of time we've worked on this way of playing and what I want the club to move forward to, I think they've done exceptionally well with it. 

That's the way I want the club to go and the football we're going to try and play.

I'm not sure he was referring to a particular formation or more a general philosophy / style of play.

I think we'll be going 4231 with the signings and what we are looking to recruit according to local journo's. With wanting 2 strikers and a winger and signing Izzy Brown thats what it looks like.

We need more goals tho from the whole team, id like us to sign a winger like Murphy who had a goal in him or Ratrick Roberts.

• Like 1