Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread 2020-2021

1 minute ago, wilyfox said:

May I suggest we make the next signing a striker? Would be useful if we could, ya know, maybe score some goals.

I think these may come later on mate. Let’s be honest, it’s the hardest position on the pitch to recruit, as everyone is looking for a good one.

Guest gizowl
3 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

May I suggest we make the next signing a striker? Would be useful if we could, ya know, maybe score some goals.

Agree descent striker is a must now I think Brown is seen as the attacking midfielder to create chances, would love to get Murphy back and things would be looking good. 

2 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

Be interesting, when we finally get round to sorting out some strikers, what style of player we’ll go for. 
Hopefully we will get away from continuously looking for the head of a target man. I mean, I’m sure Monk will want that in his armoury, but with Brown and Bannan pulling the strings, we should be able to score a variety of different goals. Brown was very good at setting up chances with clever little balls into the box

Guest gizowl
2 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Be interesting, when we finally get round to sorting out some strikers, what style of player we’ll go for. 
Hopefully we will get away from continuously looking for the head of a target man. I mean, I’m sure Monk will want that in his armoury, but with Brown and Bannan pulling the strings, we should be able to score a variety of different goals. Brown was very good at setting up chances with clever little balls into the box

I've got clever little balls and still get in the box on regular basis. 

8 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

I'm not sure we'll find what we are looking for with the skills, pace and height; At the right price here or Europe. North America is full of ageing players. Latin Americans are very much over priced so we could end up scouring Africa for that hungry striker. 

1 minute ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

I'm not sure we'll find what we are looking for with the skills, pace and height; At the right price here or Europe. North America is full of ageing players. Latin Americans are very much over priced so we could end up scouring Africa for that hungry striker. 

Via Belgium or France, jobs a good un

3 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

he should know that we need more than 2 strikers! 

No we don't. 3 strikers is enough. How many strikers did the 3 promoted sides need in their squads last season? Take Bamford, Mitrovic and Robson Kanu out and tell me who the back ups were? Same with Brentford, take out Watkins and then who comes in? 3 strikers of decent quality is ample.

2 minutes ago, s29wfc said:

No we don't. 3 strikers is enough. How many strikers did the 3 promoted sides need in their squads last season? Take Bamford, Mitrovic and Robson Kanu out and tell me who the back ups were? Same with Brentford, take out Watkins and then who comes in? 3 strikers of decent quality is ample.

So you’re saying we only need Rhodes and 2 other strikers? 

3 minutes ago, s29wfc said:

Correct, if the 2 strikers are championship ready and not projects.

so not Da Cruz then? The thing is most of the strikers we are being linked with seem like projects. I agree with you that we could do with 2 championship ready strikers and I would like us to get a young up and coming one aswell. Personally think 4 is a nice amount of strikers  

Edited by WalthamOwl
  • Like 1