Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread 2020-2021

5 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Windass bid rejected. We must be up poo creak. Worrying we can’t offer the right amount of money for an average player to a club in serious financial trouble.

There's nothing wrong with having a bid rejected.

We'd be foolish to offer Wigan vast sums given their situation.

Start low, and work from there.

I think we'll end up signing him. £500k would be a decent deal for both parties.

• Like 1

I would see Lee coming back as us having failed to land our main midfield targets.

Nothing against what Lee has been for us down the last 7 years or so, and I still believe he can offer a team something at this level, but the comes a point where we have to move on.

We're not very good at ‘moving on’ as it is, but this as well as selling players when they're in their prime is something we'd do well to see positively going forward. It's what clubs do - well, it's what the clubs that succeed at this level do anyway.

So are we playing a new formation next season a 3-6-1 formation.

If Brown signs that means we have Bannan, brown, hunt, pelupessy, Luongo, shaw  and Bashir for central midfield. So 7 central midfielders out of a squad of 24, with 4 keepers and 5 central defenders seems more unbalance than last season.  

But no keeper good enough in Dawson/Wildsmith for the Championship no left back, no right wing and only one striker.

It's like Carlos all over again signing players available instead of players we actually need.

This lad Brown has had more injuries than Hutch and is only 23. Very strange signing for me when so many other areas in the team need new faces.

4 minutes ago, room0035 said:

If Brown signs that means we have Bannan, brown, hunt, pelupessy, Luongo, shaw  and Bashir for central midfield. So 7 central midfielders out of a squad of 24, with 4 keepers and 5 central defenders seems more unbalance than last season.  

But no keeper good enough in Dawson/Wildsmith for the Championship no left back, no right wing and only one striker.

It's like Carlos all over again signing players available instead of players we actually need.

This lad Brown has had more injuries than Hutch and is only 23. Very strange signing for me when so many other areas in the team need new faces.

Do you ever say a anything positive .we could sign messi and you would complain he to small

Edited by Guest

7 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Realistically we’ve got Bannan, Luongo & Brown who are proven at this level. FDB, Hunt & Shaw not yet proven - Hunt more advanced than Shaw at this stage, add in Pelupessy as cover and you’ve got 6/7 players for 3 positions. Seems exactly right to me.

2 players for every position leaves us where we’d want to be.

• Like 5

51 minutes ago, hugeowl said:

Disagree we could do with Kieron Lee 

Couple of young, talented central midfielders available for Free, types we could build our long term future enough. Quite sure we could sign both for what we are playing to Lee. 

• Like 1

Just now, dan1980 said:

Do you ever say a anything positive .we could sign messi and you would complain he to small

We need strikers, wingers and wing backs, not more central midfielders unless some of the existing squad are on the move.

when money is tight 7 players for 2 to 3 spots is over kill.to

I would be looking for a few strikers, a decent goal keeper, a championship quality left back and a right sided winger.

If we have a bit of  cash to spend Bez Labala winger, Madison winger, Collins striker, Bonne striker, maybe Garbutt for left back and a decent keeper the lad at Charlton look decent last season.

5 minutes ago, room0035 said:

We need strikers, wingers and wing backs, not more central midfielders unless some of the existing squad are on the move.

when money is tight 7 players for 2 to 3 spots is over kill.to

I would be looking for a few strikers, a decent goal keeper, a championship quality left back and a right sided winger.

If we have a bit of  cash to spend Bez Labala winger, Madison winger, Collins striker, Bonne striker, maybe Garbutt for left back and a decent keeper the lad at Charlton look decent last season.

well...as you are part of our recruitment team I'm sure with all your football knowledge they will be, as we speak, be looking at the areas you outline...you can't get enough help in this tricky area thanks for your input  lol

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Realistically bashir, Hunt, shaw are development players, you won’t get a season of first team football out of any of them. Ideally we would loan one out. We know Pelupessy isn’t good enough to start every week that still leaves us short in CM, especially if we play 3 there.

36 minutes ago, room0035 said:

😂 

16 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

If we can pull this Brown deal off, I’m back on board with the recruitment Definitely one of the players I wanted here A Hutchinson type, Brown and Bannan, now that would be one of the best midfields in the division

He’s a winger/forward unless your thinking of a different brown?

20 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

If we can pull this Brown deal off, I’m back on board with the recruitment Definitely one of the players I wanted here A Hutchinson type, Brown and Bannan, now that would be one of the best midfields in the division

😀 Double result!