Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread 2020-2021

23 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

I think we'll be going 4231 with the signings and what we are looking to recruit according to local journo's. With wanting 2 strikers and a winger and signing Izzy Brown thats what it looks like.

We need more goals tho from the whole team, id like us to sign a winger like Murphy who had a goal in him or Ratrick Roberts.

Not sure we have the squad to play with full backs?  Odubajo and Penney are better going forward, Harris is a midfielder. Palmer isn’t the best of right backs.  And we have lots of centre backs now to play with 3.  

But of course long time to go to make amends to the squad before the window closes

Edited by Owls-Fan
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, domSWFC said:

Starting to take shape, definitely need a few forward options, possibly another winger and experienced CM. 

LINEUP111597920015641.png

Take shape better with a proper RWB 

17 minutes ago, domSWFC said:

Starting to take shape, definitely need a few forward options, possibly another winger and experienced CM. 

I like this, similar to the Wolves setup. 
Might be Bannan swapping with one of Dele or Luongo tho? And as mentioned we need a better right back, GK and striker 

40 minutes ago, Owls-Fan said:

I like this, similar to the Wolves setup. 
Might be Bannan swapping with one of Dele or Luongo tho? And as mentioned we need a better right back, GK and striker 

So we are playing a 3-6-1 then, I got a bit of gyp for suggesting that yesterday

Harris need replacing with Reach offer move going forward and more tracking back

Wildsmith need replacing with a championship quality goal keeper, we have one already but he won't play so one needs bringing in.

The other big weakness is Rhodes he had never or been able to play in a one up front in his whole career, he scores goals playing with a two up front and attacking wingers to provide the ammunition. So we probably need a new striker for this formation  

1 hour ago, domSWFC said:

starting being the key word , still need another wide player , bannan won’t play Attacking mid so it’s more of a 3-4-1-2 for me with 2 strikers and brown behind? 

also need a bit of strength in depth , hidalgo could end up being the man to step up too ? 

have to see but still a good few signings off where we need to be

1 hour ago, sheffwed1 said:

And keeper

Wildsmith is capable, I’m not ready to write either of them off yet to be honest , though I accept many fans already have but that’s nowt new from our lot 

38 minutes ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

So Brown now has to sign a new contract at Chelsea before he joins us? Certainly won’t be here today then.

29 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Be his agent

It’ll be Chelsea.

They won’t want him running down his contract whilst on loan so going for free (or nominal fee) next year. Chelsea would rather he was sold now, or extend his deal to maintain his value to them. Much as happened with Hector last year: Hector opted to sit it out in the reserves until Fulham came along.

Just now, Tamworthowl said:

It’ll be Chelsea.

They won’t want him running down his contract whilst on loan so going for free (or nominal fee) next year. Chelsea would rather he was sold now, or extend his deal to maintain his value to them. Much as happened with Hector last year: Hector opted to sit it out in the reserves until Fulham came along.

lol I meant his agent will be doing any signing. 

But I take your point

11 minutes ago, Tamworthowl said:

It’ll be Chelsea.

Maybe a fee of some description has been agreed already,..... maybe we learnt from the hector situation??