Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread 2020-2021

Guest wilyfox
23 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Be interesting, when we finally get round to sorting out some strikers, what style of player we’ll go for. 
Hopefully we will get away from continuously looking for the head of a target man. I mean, I’m sure Monk will want that in his armoury, but with Brown and Bannan pulling the strings, we should be able to score a variety of different goals. Brown was very good at setting up chances with clever little balls into the box

Yes, I like Brown. He's very creative - when fit. That's been his problem. Providing we don't break him, he could be influential for us.

Just now, wilyfox said:

Yes, I like Brown. He's very creative - when fit. That's been his problem. Providing we don't break him, he could be influential for us.

I agree. When fit seems a real talent, Luton fans rated him highly. Concerning he has had a couple of bad injuries and missed quite a lot of games, don’t think he played for Luton since the restart because of an Achilles injury. 

4 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

so not Da Cruz then? The thing is most of the strikers we are being linked with seem like projects. I agree with you that we could do with 2 championship ready strikers and I would like us to get a young up and coming one aswell. Personally think 4 is a nice amount of strikers  

Definitely not Da Cruz as one of the 2, I'd take him as a 4th choice, so too Windass. If say we could get Chris Martin and Macauley Bonne plus a project or Windass 4th choice I'd be happy with that pool of strikers.

Edited by s29wfc

4 minutes ago, s29wfc said:

Definitely not Da Cruz as one of the 2, I'd take him as a 4th choice, so too Windass. If say we could get Chris Martin and Macauley Bonne plus a project or Windass 4th choice I'd be happy with that pool of strikers.

me too. Be a good selection of different types of strikers. Hope it happens although I doubt Charlton would want to deal with us :Chansiri:

Edited by WalthamOwl

DaCruz, there’s something about him, that makes me think I shouldn’t be too dismissive about him. On the face of it, the idea of bringing back him and Windass, doesn’t exactly fill me with enthusiasm, but.... 
He does seem like one of those players, who could suddenly click, and from nowhere, emerge as a top striker He has looked far from clinical, but he probably has all the attributes to become a decent striker. 
Not a natural goalscorer, or a poacher, but I could imagine him evolving into a fast and direct striker. 
Equally it might never happen for him, so it wouldn’t bother me if we passed up the chance. You know, it’s like some strikers, you know they are unlikely to improve, but there’s something about this guy that makes me wonder if we should take a chance on him

• Like 7

13 minutes ago, s29wfc said:

speaking of Bonne I believe Charlton picked him up from Leyton Orient for 200k so it shows bargains are out there to be had. People saying who else could we get instead of Da Cruz it shows what you can find if you look in the right places. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

DaCruz, there’s something about him, that makes me think I shouldn’t be too dismissive about him. On the face of it, the idea of bringing back him and Windass, doesn’t exactly fill me with enthusiasm, but.... 
He does seem like one of those players, who could suddenly click, and from nowhere, emerge as a top striker He has looked far from clinical, but he probably has all the attributes to become a decent striker. 
Not a natural goalscorer, or a poacher, but I could imagine him evolving into a fast and direct striker. 
Equally it might never happen for him, so it wouldn’t bother me if we passed up the chance. You know, it’s like some strikers, you know they are unlikely to improve, but there’s something about this guy that makes me wonder if we should take a chance on him

apart from his pace I just don’t feel he has any attributes to be a decent striker. In his 14 games he didn’t score and had 1 assist. His positional sense seems non existent as well. I really think and hope there is better out there we can attract. 

3 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

speaking of Bonne I believe Charlton picked him up from Leyton Orient for 200k so it shows bargains are out there to be had. People saying who else could we get instead of Da Cruz it shows what you can find if you look in the right places. 

We were monitoring him when he was at Orient as well

Brown is a cracking player when fit, could be a great signing 

Now I think we really need a quality right wing back,  maybe another option in midfield and without doubt 2/3 strikers  

Get the feeling Keke Simmonds is Monks main target,  Windass will be back at Hillsborough before long I’d put money on that one , be interesting to see if Monk wants to bring in an experienced striker to throw in the mix 

I wonder if it will be a clean slate for all, or are we going to see some movement out? Will there need to be movement out before we can finalise our incomings. If the likes of Westwood, Rhodes, Reach and possibly Lees, are not part of Monk’s plans, then we really ought to be looking at ways of moving them on. Perhaps trying to instigate some sort of swap deals Freeing up that sort of wages space might impact on the quality of player we can bring in.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

I wonder if it will be a clean slate for all, or are we going to see some movement out? Will there need to be movement out before we can finalise our incomings. If the likes of Westwood, Rhodes, Reach and possibly Lees, are not part of Monk’s plans, then we really ought to be looking at ways of moving them on. Perhaps trying to instigate some sort of swap deals Freeing up that sort of wages space might impact on the quality of player we can bring in.

I do agree, however, hard to find interest in them I feel, could be wrong. I think we won’t get our money back for Rhodes so need to get him back to his best. Possibly interest in Westwood and Reach. 

2 minutes ago, SwellOwl said:

I do agree, however, hard to find interest in them I feel, could be wrong. I think we won’t get our money back for Rhodes so need to get him back to his best. Possibly interest in Westwood and Reach. 

Absolutely we won’t, and his level, as far as regular appearances are concerned, is probably League One. He has a value of sorts, if we can afford to use him in the way that Norwich used him, but we are unlikely to get a fee for him, if he does go. Reach could do a job at this level, and has a value, albeit greatly reduced from the figure we paid Boro. I would be looking at some sort of swap deal, if possible. 
If we don’t see Westwood as our experienced keeper option, then move him on, as he won’t be short of admirers. I can see Stoke being interested again, as maybe a replacement for Butland, and that would be a good move for him

8 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

I agree. When fit seems a real talent, Luton fans rated him highly. Concerning he has had a couple of bad injuries and missed quite a lot of games, don’t think he played for Luton since the restart because of an Achilles injury. 

1 goal, 7 assist in 25 games but only played 90 minutes - 6 times.

With money so tight bringing players in with suspect injury records just for me seems the wrong move. At the end of the season he goes back to Chelsea.

Would rather us look to a league one midfielder we can get cheap and improve, or a free agent such as maddison who is only 26 and will improve.