Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread 2020-2021

Guest wilyfox
1 minute ago, gurujuan said:

With 5 senior centre backs already, and two others who can play there, it’s not really a priority. Were a couple to leave, then maybe

Van Aken's crap & Börner's slow. Had he stayed, I'd have put Fox there. Now he's gone, that position is questionable, in my opinion. 

3 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

Van Aken's crap & Börner's slow. Had he stayed, I'd have put Fox there. Now he's gone, that position is questionable, in my opinion. 

Maybe, then it would certainly be more of a rebuild than I imagined. Not many would have imagined two new centre backs arriving I’m sure

The absolute certainty in this league is that you have to be solid at the back .

You can always win nicking a set piece goal if you have kept a clean sheet.

You also need to be capable of defending a lead late on when they throw the kitchen sink at you.

Something we are rubbish at.

It is a team thing but they will still knock balls into the box and you need defenders with physical presence.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, oldishowl said:

The absolute certainty in this league is that you have to be solid at the back .

You also need to be capable of defending a lead late on when they throw the kitchen sink at you.

It is a team thing but they will still knock balls into the box and you need defenders with physical presence.

So true, I'd be happy building from the back and focusing on being difficult to break down. So many times last season we gave ourselves a mountain to climb by conceding early - and those late goals didn't help either!

4 minutes ago, oldishowl said:

Which is imo one of the reasons we also need a new number one at the club. 

3 minutes ago, mancowl08 said:

So true, I'd be happy building from the back and focusing on being difficult to break down. So many times last season we gave ourselves a mountain to climb by conceding early - and those late goals didn't help either!

Neither did the ones in the middle.

• Haha 2

Guest wilyfox
8 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Maybe, then it would certainly be more of a rebuild than I imagined. Not many would have imagined two new centre backs arriving I’m sure

You say that, but Dunkley & Hause for Lees & van Aken would be pretty damn good in my opinion. Another move might reinvigorate Lees like it did when he came here from Leeds. JVA simply isn't good enough. 

7 minutes ago, mancowl08 said:

We could have a song about that....if we got a couple of loans 🤦