Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread 2020-2021

Just now, BarnsleyOwl96 said:

Different player to bannan

Cheers. Just thought central creative player coming in may mean creative central player going out.

Seemingly we have assists galore in the squad now between Bannan, Reach and Brown. Just need some warm bodies on the end of the chances. 

1 minute ago, TheCityIsOurs said:

Potential to be a very strong team this with 2 decent strikers up top, gotta pray we somehow bring Murphy in

9801B085-F31C-423F-BC94-52F25FDF5F7D.jpeg

Really excited to see which strikers we bring in. Hopefully it'll be the trend with Monk to get some athletic and mobile forwards with some pace as well. Again, it'll have to be an out of the box signing because the cost and demand for such players is always ridiculous. 

4 minutes ago, prowl said:

This isn't going to be over in one window. Realistically it will be 3 or 4 like Bruce said when he was here. Best we can hope for this year is avoiding the drop and making some progress in reshaping the squad.

We had years where we knew we were rubbish and we made fun of the fact, there was a spirit among the fans that laughed in the face of adversity. Remember that bad run under Jones when we couldn't buy a win and even points were an acheivement. What's happened to that spirit? has 2 years of relative success gone to our heads? Accept we are rebuilding and get behind the club.

(Jim, this isn't a dig at you)

I didn’t for one minute think it was mate. Yes I get what you’re saying. I think it all comes down to ticket prices in the end. You pay a lot, you expect the Earth. You don’t pay much then you don’t.

TBH the signing of Izzy Brown intrigues me. He’s a good player, good pedigree particularly at this level. He’s like a lot of young promising players that have come through academy level in the premier league. Loaned out here, loaned out there. He needs a home to settle down and produce. These are the type of players we need to be looking at but at the same time we do need some experience because of the situation we find ourselves in?

• Like 1

Just now, EcclesallOwl said:

Bournemouth already recouped £60m by selling two players 

Add parachute payments into the mix and they can basically spend what they want for a while 

They'll get poo loads for Brooks and potentially Wilson or King too. They could recoup about £150M in total if they wanted. Mad really. 

5 minutes ago, Jim said:

I didn’t for one minute think it was mate. Yes I get what you’re saying. I think it all comes down to ticket prices in the end. You pay a lot, you expect the Earth. You don’t pay much then you don’t.

TBH the signing of Izzy Brown intrigues me. He’s a good player, good pedigree particularly at this level. He’s like a lot of young promising players that have come through academy level in the premier league. Loaned out here, loaned out there. He needs a home to settle down and produce. These are the type of players we need to be looking at but at the same time we do need some experience because of the situation we find ourselves in?

A bit like Hector last season

Just now, TheEnchanter said:

They'll get poo loads for Brooks and potentially Wilson or King too. They could recoup about £150M in total if they wanted. Mad really. 

Yep loads of options 

Few rumours going round that Newcastle are going to offer Gayle & Ritchie for Wilson

Madness!

5 minutes ago, EcclesallOwl said:

Bournemouth already recouped £60m by selling two players 

Add parachute payments into the mix and they can basically spend what they want for a while 

Their latest accounts show they already owe 81m in outstanding transfer fees

• Love 1

41 minutes ago, wellbeaten-the-owl said:

No but means kieren Lee definitely not coming back.

Personally like look of a bannan, luingo and brown 3 in midfield.

Really need a right wing back and 3-4 strikers now

Disagree we could do with Kieron Lee 

25 minutes ago, sMacLean said:

The fact relegated Prem sides can sell players at a higher premium should mean the end of parachute payments.

If you refuse to sell and get into bother that's on the club.

If you refuse to sell and get into bother that's on the club - bit like us then

• Like 1