Has Monk lost the dressing room

1 hour ago, sheffield_dave said:

In all honesty I’m not that interested in seeing FF whatever the position is.

I am done with The Fernando Forrestieri Experience, and this constant wait for a spark we’ve not seen for 4 years ahead of the next absence. 

What or who else do you suggest rather than the 'Forestieri Experience'?

9 minutes ago, Great Big Galaa said:

I don’t see him being in charge on Saturday. There’s no coming back from this IMO. Another manager has fallen flat on his face here because he’s seen fit to put his faith in a keeper who lets face it, is not up to it and we’ve just given him a four year contract. F***ing Joke of a club, we are :angry:

Keiran can you explain to me how the fůčk is this Dawson's fault?

Every manager who doesn't pander to this lot seems to lose the dressing room. Not sure if monk is the answer but the sooner most of these are gone the  better. I'm convinced that no one could do anything with these lot now. 

Edited by markg

It makes me laugh when I see these 'has the manager lost the dressing room' comments

Carlos lost the dressing room, so did Bullen, so did Josh, so did Bullen again, so did Bruce, and now Monk

What we really should be saying is, Sheffield Wednesday have lost the dressing room

These waankers only play when they want

Regardless of whether we sack another manager or not

I want these players out of this club, I don't include Wickham, Windass or Da Cruz

• Thanks 1

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

20 minutes ago, 1banana2banana said:

I said this from minute one. We should have got the Cowleys. It was blindingly obvious that day that we had made a bad bad decision. 

what makes anyone think he would do with us what he hadnt done with the other clubs he was at? We need a clear out from manager to squad the lot. 

on another note. How funny is it that we waited all these years for an owner with some cash to get us out the poo and then when we get one he makes things worse. 

pigs in Europe will top this absolute nightmare year off. 

Stop weeing about Wednesday and do something about this now 

I would have preferred them to monk but they would have come up against the same issues

1 hour ago, marcx666 said:

Indeed, but not by Monk, and not publicly. The inept tactics and substitutions are haf of our issues, then add publicly throwing players under the bus? B*llock them privately by all means, but when has publicly chucking players under the bus ever had a good effect, at any club, with any manager?

Wilder publicly blamed Dean Henderson after his gaffe v Liverpool, Henderson will probably be the next England keeper, its how the player/s react that counts.

23 minutes ago, Great Big Galaa said:

I don’t see him being in charge on Saturday. There’s no coming back from this IMO. Another manager has fallen flat on his face here because he’s seen fit to put his faith in a keeper who lets face it, is not up to it and we’ve just given him a four year contract. F***ing Joke of a club, we are :angry:

DC won’t sack him. 

1 hour ago, ANDY said:

Something has changed since december

we were 3rd and playing football that earned that position

now were playing like a relegated team

He's definitely fallen out with a number of players, we all know who they are and they're not training with rest of squad now. 

The bigger problem is the dressing room, the only constant in failure in recent years. 

Senior players seemingly want to assert power off the pitch, while abdicating responsibility on it.

Replacing Monk isn't going to solve the problem, just distract from the bigger issues. 

Roll on the summer to have a proper purge of this squad. 

Not Monks fault. It started going sour under Bullen just before Monk came in and they picked up again. It’s gone sour under every manager before that too.

The squad we have is an absolute sh*tshow, full of chancers with no ambition or desire.

4 minutes ago, Markowski77 said:

We need megson back in until the end of the season to ruffle a few feathers 

I'm not a fan of Megson

But I'd like him back just to give the players a bit of pain when he has them running up Jawbone

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

We just keep buying the same sort of players - even the loanees tonight fitted in tonight in our slow, weak and indecisive style of play.

We need an entirely different type of player. Bannan needs two strong support players or we have to sell him. Lee is done for me.

The centre halfs look dreadfully out of confidence and again slow - they panic in possesion. Their challenge is either a knock out for a throw/corner or its a foul. Their passing is awful and positioning all over the place. Dawson looks like a car crash waiting to happen. We haven't replaced the full backs from three years ago and our attacking options are woeful.

Reach isn't the answer and needs selling as he fits the above poor attribute bill and goes missing far too often. Murphy's rubbish and lightweight. FF is planning his Summer holiday and next move probably having his house in Chap valued as we speak.

Add Westwood and Hutch from the naughty step and this is why we are crashing - players who are simply not collectively good enough to play together - too many similar poor and weak attributes.

Lots of talk about “this lot downing tools again” or similar, but who is that really directed at?  Taking tonight’s team in isolation, surely not more recent arrivals such as Börner, Iorfa and Harris (who have looked decent at times) or the new loan signings?  I can’t see how this accusation could be levelled at Dawson, and Palmer doesn’t strike me as that cynical (just not very good).  Similarly most on here reckon Nuhiu is a trier, even if opinions on his ability vary wildly.

Does that mean the guilty suspects are Lees, Bannan, Forestieri and Lee (only 2 of whom are out of contact in summer) or is the current shambles partly due to a limited manager with inadequate support structure around him?  So many things wrong with this club right now, too simplistic to talk about players downing tools or manager losing dressing room in my opinion.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Great Big Galaa said:

Blaming Dawson for our downturn since Christmas is pathetic, Iorfa was at fault for tonight's goal. 

Seems that some people have forgotten mistakes Westwood made earlier in season. 

Can we blame Dawson for our central midfield being almost invisible with players tackling like a 4 year old girl? 

The fault lies with Monks poor tactics along with mardi players sulking.