Has Monk lost the dressing room

Answer to original question.
Yes.

We have a group of 20+ players all seriously underperforming and playing as individuals, not a team. 
That is what the manager is paid to do. 

so, sadly, he has not succeeded and needs to go before we end up as a complete laughing stock. 

1 minute ago, bradowl said:

Blaming Dawson for our downturn since Christmas is pathetic, Iorfa was at fault for tonight's goal. 

Seems that some people have forgotten mistakes Westwood made earlier in season. 

Can we blame Dawson for our central midfield being almost invisible with players tackling like a 4 year old girl? 

The fault lies with Monks poor tactics along with mardi players sulking. 

It’s not all his fault, I get that but when he’s the number one goalie we turn to sh!t. We would’ve got relegated last season had he remained number one and we could well go down this if he’s not dropped soon enough but go on and tell me he’s a good keeper when the stats suggest otherwise.

4 minutes ago, Great Big Galaa said:

It’s not all his fault, I get that but when he’s the number one goalie we turn to sh!t. We would’ve got relegated last season had he remained number one and we could well go down this if he’s not dropped soon enough but go on and tell me he’s a good keeper when the stats suggest otherwise.

We won't go down unless we get a points penalty, bottom 3 will struggle to pass 40 points mark. 

4 minutes ago, Great Big Galaa said:

...tell me he’s a good keeper when the stats suggest otherwise.

His and Westwood's statistics this season are almost goal for goal identical. Judging a keeper that way is tenuous at best anyway.

Our biggest single problem this season (at least in terms of statistics alone) is the lack of goals from anyone other than Fletcher.

Guest The Horse

If certain players have got the face on cos they aren't getting new contacts, then instead of playing poo surely they want to put themselves in the shop window to earn a place at a decent club?

That's how sport works.

There's never any advantage to purposely performing less than your best.

They'll struggle to get lower L1 clubs at this rate.

Or maybe we've paid them so handsomely they can hit the golf courses already this summer.

1 hour ago, vulva said:

My bet is senior players twigged/were told a while back they weren’t getting new contracts, dummy’s have dropped out and the atmosphere has gone a bit toxic. 

This...they are probably thinking f it why bother?

What situation to let the club get in to.

3 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

His and Westwood's statistics this season are almost goal for goal identical. Judging a keeper that way is tenuous at best anyway.

Our biggest single problem this season (at least in terms of statistics alone) is the lack of goals from anyone other than Fletcher.

Difference is, we weren’t losing games regularly when Westwood was making his mistakes. We were shipping goals left, right and centre and losing a lot of games last season with Dawson in goal. The slide was arrested when Westwood came back in, was it not? Yet I’ll still be told Dawson is the new Gordon Banks by the experts on here :laugh:

2 hours ago, marcx666 said:

Thats what happens when the manager throws the players under the bus publicly, to cover for his ineptitude.

When a squad of players cant be arsed and dont give a foook , they deserve being publicly shamed .  

37 minutes ago, Animis said:

We just keep buying the same sort of players - even the loanees tonight fitted in tonight in our slow, weak and indecisive style of play.

We need an entirely different type of player. Bannan needs two strong support players or we have to sell him. Lee is done for me.

The centre halfs look dreadfully out of confidence and again slow - they panic in possesion. Their challenge is either a knock out for a throw/corner or its a foul. Their passing is awful and positioning all over the place. Dawson looks like a car crash waiting to happen. We haven't replaced the full backs from three years ago and our attacking options are woeful.

Reach isn't the answer and needs selling as he fits the above poor attribute bill and goes missing far too often. Murphy's rubbish and lightweight. FF is planning his Summer holiday and next move probably having his house in Chap valued as we speak.

Add Westwood and Hutch from the naughty step and this is why we are crashing - players who are simply not collectively good enough to play together - too many similar poor and weak attributes.

Cheered me up  no end 

I don't usually buy into the idea that a manager has lost the dressing room but it has to be said the way we started this game was as if the players didn't care.

You would think after the last few performances that the players would be on their toes geeing each other up, yet at the start of the game, we looked like we had just turned up and never met each other before.

Who knows what went off with Hutchinson, maybe he wasn't a lone wolf and was the voice of the players.

1 hour ago, WalthamOwl said:

Would be nice if Monk walked after giving an interview to the press saying these are the biggest bunch of wasters he has ever managed. Maybe have a pop at DC as well. 

it would, but sadly it never happens in football as you never know who you might be working with or for in the future