Has Monk lost the dressing room

15 minutes ago, vulva said:

My bet is senior players twigged/were told a while back they weren’t getting new contracts, dummy’s have dropped out and the atmosphere has gone a bit toxic. 

If disgruntled players really have downed tools by January, what could any manager do?

He can't start offering them contracts if they're not part of his long-term plans, but he'll be sacked by the end of the season if the players don't start performing. 

1 minute ago, marcx666 said:

Inept as in man management skills, as I already explained, and his tactics, or lack thereof. The whole "only one way of playing which is boot it up to the striker", and the substituions which are never to change a game, but always like for like.

Before Christmas, with us at 3rd, the football we were playing didn't suggest Monk was inept. If the players don't want to play for him, his tactics are doomed no matter what. 

This is not the first time we've seen a Jekyll and Hyde style collapse, the common denominator is the holdover players.

7 minutes ago, bobness said:

Before Christmas, with us at 3rd, the football we were playing didn't suggest Monk was inept. If the players don't want to play for him, his tactics are doomed no matter what. 

This is not the first time we've seen a Jekyll and Hyde style collapse, the common denominator is the holdover players.

I did, but I didn't want him in the first place, and also, those tactics worked because of Fletcher, he is the only person we have who can play those tactics. He gets injured, and does Monk change to adapt, no, because he can't, he just plays the same tactics expecting Winnall, Rhodes, Nuhiu, now WIckham to be able to do what Fletcher does.

Guest 1banana2banana

I said this from minute one. We should have got the Cowleys. It was blindingly obvious that day that we had made a bad bad decision. 

what makes anyone think he would do with us what he hadnt done with the other clubs he was at? We need a clear out from manager to squad the lot. 

on another note. How funny is it that we waited all these years for an owner with some cash to get us out the poo and then when we get one he makes things worse. 

pigs in Europe will top this absolute nightmare year off. 

Stop weeing about Wednesday and do something about this now 

4 minutes ago, 1banana2banana said:

I said this from minute one. We should have got the Cowleys. It was blindingly obvious that day that we had made a bad bad decision. 

what makes anyone think he would do with us what he hadnt done with the other clubs he was at? We need a clear out from manager to squad the lot. 

on another note. How funny is it that we waited all these years for an owner with some cash to get us out the poo and then when we get one he makes things worse. 

pigs in Europe will top this absolute nightmare year off. 

Stop weeing about Wednesday and do something about this now 

Huddersfield lost 3-0 at home tonight. Not exactly doing well there are they where they have parachute payments

9 minutes ago, marcx666 said:

I did, but I didn't want him in the first place, and also, those tactics worked because of Fletcher, he is the only person we have who can play those tactics. He gets injured, and does Monk change to adapt, no, because he can't, he just plays the same tactics expecting Winnall, Rhodes, Nuhiu, now WIckham to be able to do what Fletcher does.

With Jos we saw some cringeworthy tactics, like the time we played without a striker. Today we saw Forestieri played at wingback (or so I've heard, fortunately I gave this one a miss).

Neither Jos or Monk are complete idiots, even if you don't rate them. It appears something is very wrong in that dressing room. Either that, or Hillsborough really is like the Overlook Hotel, and any manager who takes on the job goes completely barmy!

tenor.gif?itemid=6058475

Edited by bobness
  • Like 1

Guest wilyfox

I'm not convinced he ever had the dressing room. This lot tick over until they decide to down tools. I think this is what can happen when a core group of players survive 4 or 5 managers. They play for the ones they like, and wait for the ones they don't to get sacked. 

I don’t see him being in charge on Saturday. There’s no coming back from this IMO. Another manager has fallen flat on his face here because he’s seen fit to put his faith in a keeper who lets face it, is not up to it and we’ve just given him a four year contract. F***ing Joke of a club, we are :angry: