Has Monk lost the dressing room

6 minutes ago, i used to be sc_owl said:

“Lost the dressing room” is one of those phrases that gets trotted out everytime a club has a bad run. However, this is the same core group that stopped playing for Carlos, Jos, Bullen and seemingly now Monk. 

We are an embarrassment, but at least we are family. 

Time for a musical interlude...

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, WOLS said:

Has FF been subbed after 45 minutes more than any other player?  I'd love some statto person to do the analysis (I'm afraid I'm not a great Fernando fan - great skill but not a team player)

FF has shot his load - he will never be effective for us again, any manager currently selecting him is basically saying "I don't know what i'm doing"

Any fan thinking he has anything left to offer for us is equally deluded.

CHEATING A WAGE!   Just like our current manager.

Edited by Salmonbones
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Minton said:

Forestieri at left wing back and then subbed at half time.

He may or may not have lost the dressing room, but he's sure as shyte lost his mind.

4 minutes ago, Morepork said:

He has certainly lost his mind.

Ahem

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Kopparberg said:

The manager might not have helped himself, but these lads are a disgrace. 

Seen better pub sides. 

I still back monk. This the players 100%. They are a disgrace, whatever has been said to them they are professional's and you would have thought some of the senior players would have a word and sort this. Funny thing is I bet everyone off then will play their heart out against Man City. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, i used to be sc_owl said:

“Lost the dressing room” is one of those phrases that gets trotted out everytime a club has a bad run. However, this is the same core group that stopped playing for Carlos, Jos, Bullen and seemingly now Monk. 

We are an embarrassment, but at least we are family. 

What family would that be the Addams or the Wests?

6 minutes ago, vulva said:

My bet is senior players twigged/were told a while back they weren’t getting new contracts, dummy’s have dropped out and the atmosphere has gone a bit toxic. 

If they haven't been told directly, they may have inferred it. After all, Fox and Dawson have had offers. Those who haven't may have drawn their own conclusions.

Whatever, the situation does not look good.

Just now, DJMortimer said:

If they haven't been told directly, they may have inferred it. After all, Fox and Dawson have had offers. Those who haven't may have drawn their own conclusions.

Whatever, the situation does not look good.

One player has definitely been told. 

It's starting to get awkward......

I think most of us accept that the vast majority of our players are stealing a living, lack the qualities we need and should be f**ked off as soon as possible.

That said, some of Monk's tactical approaches are nothing short of catastrophic, today being a good example. 

I'd backed him for more time but it get harder and harder to justify that view after performances like tonights.

44 minutes ago, marcx666 said:

Thats what happens when the manager throws the players under the bus publicly, to cover for his ineptitude.

Chicken/egg, isn't it?

The players were only "thrown under the bus" when they decided to stop playing for him. Not sure how that qualifies Monk as "inept", unless you're speaking strictly of his man management skills. There are some personalities in the dressing room, and it's quite possible they're responsible for creating a toxic atmosphere, not Monk.

Edited by bobness

13 minutes ago, vulva said:

My bet is senior players twigged/were told a while back they weren’t getting new contracts, dummy’s have dropped out and the atmosphere has gone a bit toxic. 

one senior player in particular ... who (with his close cohort) is training with kids and banned from using first team facilities 

4 minutes ago, bobness said:

Chicken/egg, isn't it?

The players were only "thrown under the bus" when they decided to stop playing for him. Not sure how that qualifis Monk as "inept", unless you're speaking strictly of his man management skills. There are some personalities in the dressing room, and it's quite possible they're responsible for creating a toxic atmosphere, not Monk.

Inept as in man management skills, as I already explained, and his tactics, or lack thereof. The whole "only one way of playing which is boot it up to the striker", and the substituions which are never to change a game, but always like for like.

I don't even care whether Monk has lots the dressing room or not but I will never forgive these bunch of pansies that play for us right now. I hate every single player more than I hate the manager. There isn't 1 player out there in that team I would be bothered about losing. 

Weak, spineless, cowards!