Tackles made by Joey Pelupessey yesterday....

The manager who signed him, who was arguably one of the worst we’ve ever appointed signed arguably one of the worst players ever to put on a Wednesday Shirt? Awful player. Absolute joke that he keeps getting picked alongside Wednesday’s version of Tomacewski. Two players who will take us down if they aren’t dropped.

He's not good enough.. I've noticed that he takes up blocking lines in his positioning that cuts forward passes off that you won't see in stats... that.. I'm afraid is the only positive I've got from watching him tho..

We've gone from Lopez to Hutchinson to him and we wonder why we're going nowhere..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Dawsons mistakes can be rectified...by simply going back to being a keeper that just f.ookin' kicks it....Sod this trying to play a pass..If half the sodding midfielders can't find one..How likely is Dawson to?

I laugh on the Kop when fans moan when a bloody goalkick doesn't land on a Wednesday players head or foot....No bugger used to take any notice...apart from how far away from our goal it went...get back to basics...

"Awaaaaaaaaaaaay"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

He's not good enough.. I've noticed that he takes up blocking lines in his positioning that cuts forward passes off that you won't see in stats... that.. I'm afraid is the only positive I've got from watching him tho..

We've gone from Lopez to Hutchinson to him and we wonder why we're going nowhere..

I was hoping Luongo would be the new Lopez..................

2 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

Dawsons mistakes can be rectified...by simply going back to being a keeper that just f.ookin' kicks it....Sod this trying to play a pass..If half the sodding midfielders can't find one..How likely is Dawson to?

I laugh on the Kop when fans moan when a bloody goalkick doesn't land on a Wednesday players head or foot....No bugger used to take any notice...apart from how far away from our goal it went...get back to basics...

"Awaaaaaaaaaaaay"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BUUUUST IIIIT !!!

3 hours ago, Animis said:

This is the problem - we're conditioned to accept mediocrity, and fans go along with it, almost defending the indefensible.

Just because he's a good character around the group doesn't give him the right to line up in midfield. If this was the case Stan Boardman would have replaced Carlton Palmer in midfield in the league cup final. 

So that's why Carlton didn't play in the league cup final can't remember Stan on the pitch or was he the wily old professional who has the ball 

And to think some on here said he was a future captain lol

No shortage of effort from the lad ever , but come on......he is a desperately limited player....league 1 standard at best, maybe even league 2.

Now i am not in favour of chucking young uns in ad hoc a la Jos, but if Luongo is injured and Hutch is on the naughty step then the U21,s have a holding midfielder in Liam Waldock who would certainly get stuck in..............or maybe, just maybe Monk should try a change of system that will compensate for our poor central midfield and allow us to play 2 up top...............3-5-2 anyone ?

10 hours ago, TrickyTrev said:

Zero.

Surely this can’t be right?

If this stat is correct that’s absolutely pathetic for a holding midfielder. I’ve said it time and time again, he’s a dreadful player and shouldn’t be anywhere near our starting 11.

458AD292-F47A-4C09-813D-5D0B35E9E2D2.jpeg

All the more reason to doubt monk. 

There

10 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

I honestly think I’m better than Joey.

I’m not joking.

And I’m definitely not at pro standard...

There are players in the non-league watched by a couple of hundred that are better than him - bizarre he's at a championship club. For all those who say he's 'alreyt', where do you think he'll go in June?

29 minutes ago, Animis said:

There

There are players in the non-league watched by a couple of hundred that are better than him - bizarre he's at a championship club. For all those who say he's 'alreyt', where do you think he'll go in June?

I genuinely think he would be poor in league one , league 2 is his level 

1 hour ago, SiJ said:

He's not good enough. 

Perhaps you can get away with him playing in a three. 

Let him hold, screen and then pass it 5 yards. 

In a two man midfield though...

Utterly woeful. 

This is the biggest problem at the club. 

I don't think any of our midfielders are good enough to play in a two man midfield, which causes a problem as to accommodate their poor quality we have to sacrifice playing two up front more often than not. 

Pellupesy is no worse at putting tackles in as the rest of our midfield and forward line (Excluding Hutch)