Tackles made by Joey Pelupessey yesterday....

2 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

There have been plenty of threads about our good players not playing well.

The frustration is that Pelupessy continually gets picked and we hear about his great attitude around the group. That's great from a personal character perspective but what we need in the team is a footballer who is up to his job. 

This is the problem - we're conditioned to accept mediocrity, and fans go along with it, almost defending the indefensible.

Just because he's a good character around the group doesn't give him the right to line up in midfield. If this was the case Stan Boardman would have replaced Carlton Palmer in midfield in the league cup final. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Animis said:

This is the problem - we're conditioned to accept mediocrity, and fans go along with it, almost defending the indefensible.

Just because he's a good character around the group doesn't give him the right to line up in midfield. If this was the case Stan Boardman would have replaced Carlton Palmer in midfield in the league cup final. 

Spot on.

We have to stop accepting mediocrity because they are good blokes.

Bully, Big Dave, Joey, Reach, Palmer, Foxy, Dawson etc.  The club is littered with triers who aren't good enough.

1 hour ago, TrickyTrev said:

Zero.

Surely this can’t be right?

If this stat is correct that’s absolutely pathetic for a holding midfielder. I’ve said it time and time again, he’s a dreadful player and shouldn’t be anywhere near our starting 11.

458AD292-F47A-4C09-813D-5D0B35E9E2D2.jpeg

That’s why Monks out his depth.

4 minutes ago, Adam Reachs left peg said:

Needs to go but unfortunately with luongo injury and hutch not getting a look in we have nothing else 

And this is the problem isn't it - 4 years since Hull final with the knowledge of what we wanted to go to the next stage, and this is what we are left with.

It's a sad indictment of our nonsense recruitment policy. 

12 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

Spot on.

We have to stop accepting mediocrity because they are good blokes.

Bully, Big Dave, Joey, Reach, Palmer, Foxy, Dawson etc.  The club is littered with triers who aren't good enough.

I wish you would stop casually dropping Fox into your little group du jour... he's distinguished himself in a struggling team more than once and he's currently potm..

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, modboy said:

We desperately needed a DCM this January. Massive mistake not bringing one in.... Yet 

We also desperately needed an attack. We got one.

I suspect that we would have brought in a def mid if Fletcher hadn't got injured.

6 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

I wish you would stop casually dropping Fox into your little group du jour... he's distinguished himself in a struggling team more than once and he's currently potm..

Sorry Dad.

I just think he's average but tries hard. Nothing personal against him. He can't be doing that well, as we've been pretty diabolical overall.

1 hour ago, Lord Snooty said:

Reminds me this of the Ashley Westwood times.

One  of the lowest paid players, clearly not  good enough player , but who tries gets slaughtered. 

While well paid players , who should be good enough and who don't get near their potential get a free pass. 

It's the way of things I suppose. 

Nothing changes

True.

A 400k gamble and that is about his worth.

My frustration is that we have a better player in Hutchinson sat in the stands and that we have known that we needed better than Pelupessy for 3 years and haven't done anything to address this.

37 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

There have been plenty of threads about our good players not playing well.

The frustration is that Pelupessy continually gets picked and we hear about his great attitude around the group. That's great from a personal character perspective but what we need in the team is a footballer who is up to his job. 

I agree. 

I think he gets picked though because he's never injured. 

If the others were as fit as he was and didn't break down as much I doubt he'd be getting picked. 

I'd go as far as to say we need eleven if we're to be anything other than the mid table team we are.

Just now, A E Neuman NYowl said:

True.

A 400k gamble and that is about his worth.

My frustration is that we have a better player in Hutchinson sat in the stands and that we have known that we needed better than Pelupessy for 3 years and haven't done anything to address this.

3 years is nothing. We needed a centre half for 4 years, viewed 28,000 and then signed Bambi Von Aken.

:Chansiri:

• Haha 4

6 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

3 years is nothing. We needed a centre half for 4 years, viewed 28,000 and then signed Bambi Von Aken.

:Chansiri:

There is a dearth of quality non nonsense defenders in modern football across many leagues but that statement about viewing hundreds before landing on the one we chose was unreal.