Tackles made by Joey Pelupessey yesterday....

He was a massive weak link on Saturday. In fairness, Louongo would be the first name on the team sheet anyway, so fingers crossed he's back for Saturday. 

Personally i'd rather he played Hutch than Pelupessey. But it's a tough one for Monk, does he go with players who are showing the right character or pick those with a poor attitude. I know there's no evidence to suggest Hutchinson has a poor attitude, but something is clearly wrong given that two managers have seen fit to freeze him out.

45 minutes ago, AwokenGiant said:

I am sure Monk will be fully aware of his performance stats against Barnsley - for the record how many tackles/interceptions did he make in previous games? 

I’m not sure but he looked equally as dreadful against Wigan.

It must just be when he comes up against the best midfielders in the division.

5 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

I’m not sure but he looked equally as dreadful against Wigan.

It must just be when he comes up against the best midfielders in the division.

Wrong. He was a lot worse at Wigan.

The attacks on our players are sad.

Just for balance, no tackles in 60ish minutes for Joey. The legend that is Hutchinson made 1 tackle in 90 minutes in this game. That's footall

https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/1381535/LiveStatistics/England-Championship-2019-2020-Sheffield-Wednesday-Cardiff

All the same posters were exactly same with Fox, now you all suck him off, embarrassing.

29 minutes ago, Ash76 said:

Just for balance, no tackles in 60ish minutes for Joey. The legend that is Hutchinson made 1 tackle in 90 minutes in this game. That's footall

https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/1381535/LiveStatistics/England-Championship-2019-2020-Sheffield-Wednesday-Cardiff

All the same posters were exactly same with Fox, now you all suck him off, embarrassing.

It’s not an “attack”, that seems to be word used by certain sections of our fan base to defend poor performances.

This is a football forum where fans discuss the performances of the team and various players. We have just been outplayed by one of the worst sides in the division and in that game our holding midfielder didn’t make a single tackle.

I think such a poor level of performance is a valid topic of discussion for fans, you’re free of course to disagree.

36 minutes ago, Ash76 said:

Just looked at the stats of the other midfielders over the course of the season and there's not much in it, to be fair.

Also, to put it into perspective Borner, according to this website, only made 1 tackle against Leeds (1 tackle for a CB).

Putting stats aside, I personally don't think Pelupessy is the answer  - but cherry picking one game to scapegoat the lad is not entirely soundproof.

Edited by AwokenGiant

Just now, TrickyTrev said:

It’s not an “attack”, that seems to be word used by certain sections of our fan base to defend poor performances.

This is a football forum where fans discuss the performances of the team and various players. We have just been outplayed by one of the worst sides in the division and in that game our holding midfielder didn’t make a single tackle.

I think such a poor level of performance is a valid topic of discussion for fans, you’re free of course to disagree.

Have a read of the thread, there are attacks on him. It's embarrassing

No comment on Hutch making 1 tackle in 90 minutes? Nah thought not and that is why it is an attack

1 game in isolation and nothing comparative. That is also why it is an attack

We don't win, everyone go after Joey. F u ck the lot of ya

2 minutes ago, AwokenGiant said:

Just looked at the stats of the other midfielders over the course of the season and there's not much in it, to be fair.

Also, to put it into perspective Borner, according to this website, only made 1 tackle against Leeds (1 tackle for a CB).

Putting stats aside, I personally don't think Pelupessy is the answer  - but cherry picking one game to scapegoat the lad is not entirely scientific. 

Exactly, does my box in. But football nowadays to fans is about looking at stats, just watch the game, Positionally he was OK Saturday, hence his interceptions. Got close to them too as shown by the fouls. Granted it wasn't a great display but it was a damn sight better than Wigan, that was indefensible. But i'd still not resort to 'i'd do better', 'not even a conference footballer'. Just makes people look like c un ts  

Just now, Ash76 said:

No comment on Hutch making 1 tackle in 90 minutes? Nah thought not and that is why it is an attack

It isn’t an attack, it’s commenting on the latest in a long line of abysmal performances from a player who’s shown time and time again that he’s completely out of his depth at this level.  

Hutch like any player has the odd bad game but he’s performed well enough at the club over time to show he has something to offer, Pelupessey has not.

I get that you rate him and that’s fair enough but you can’t mask what was yet another abysmal performance by saying those who are fed up of him turning out such substandard performances are “attacking” him.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ash76 said:

It's not the fans fault that Joey P is being picked ahead of a clearly superior player.

Of course that is gonna be frustrating, watching him chop at air every game and look really uncomfortable on the ball. 

And it's not Joey P's fault he has been given a good contract to play at a level above his ability. 

We have needed a proper DM for years (Hutchinson isnt one either but a much better option that JP).

1 minute ago, TrickyTrev said:

It isn’t an attack, it’s commenting on the latest in a long line of abysmal performances from a player who’s shown time and time again that he’s completely out of his depth at this level.  

Hutch like any player has the odd bad game but he’s performed well enough at the club over time to show he has something to offer, Pelupessey has not.

I get that you rate him and that’s fair enough but you can’t mask what was yet another abysmal performance by saying those who are fed up of him turning out such substandard performances are “attacking” him.

Hutchinson is by far our best midfielder - and prob defender (his performances under CC at CB were at times flawless) - however, it is clear that he is a disruption. 

4 minutes ago, Beholder said:

It's not the fans fault that Joey P is being picked ahead of a clearly superior player.

Of course that is gonna be frustrating, watching him chop at air every game and look really uncomfortable on the ball. 

And it's not Joey P's fault he has been given a good contract to play at a level above his ability. 

We have needed a proper DM for years (Hutchinson isnt one either but a much better option that JP).

Agreed, it's likely the only persons fault it is that Joey P is getting picked ahead of the better Sam Hutchinson is Sam Hutchinsons

Guest Kagoshimaowl
On 09/02/2020 at 20:03, Beholder said:

He reminds me very much of JoC

A very ineffective midfielder who tries really hard. 

JOC was miles better than Joey!

Guest Kagoshimaowl
9 minutes ago, Ash76 said:

Agreed, it's likely the only persons fault it is that Joey P is getting picked ahead of the better Sam Hutchinson is Sam Hutchinsons

No, it’s Garry Monk’s fault!