Tackles made by Joey Pelupessey yesterday....

Guest Kagoshimaowl
27 minutes ago, AwokenGiant said:

Just looked at the stats of the other midfielders over the course of the season and there's not much in it, to be fair.

Also, to put it into perspective Borner, according to this website, only made 1 tackle against Leeds (1 tackle for a CB).

Putting stats aside, I personally don't think Pelupessy is the answer  - but cherry picking one game to scapegoat the lad is not entirely soundproof.

It’s the fact that he tried to make tackles but gave away fouls every time that wee wees people off. On top of that he then cleaned out Lees. He’s beyond garbage!

16 hours ago, Mishowl said:

He is rubbish but one of the worst to put on a Wednesday shirt? Really?

Pound for pound Carlos is the worst manager in our history. Spent more money then anyone else and left us in a worse league position than Stuart Gray. And by the way, the current financial debacle is down to Carlos’ horrific signings. 

If you think Carlos is the worst manager in our history then you probably think Jos is the Dutch Guardiola? Two top 6 finishes despite the money spent will have him nowhere near the worst manager in our history. Irvine, Wilson, Eustace, Yorath as well as Lukuhay, far worse managers for us than Carlos. He’ll be back here in the summer, just you watch lol

59 minutes ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

JOC was miles better than Joey!

I remember being equally frustrated watching him.

He was even slower than Joey but his legs looked like they were going faster. 

Anyway, I'd rather not get into that debate again. I don't have good memories of Owlstalk circa 2012 or whenever it was. 

He is an awful footballer.  He is constantly 5 yards behind chasing the ball.  His reactions and reading of the game are terrible and is always out of position.

When we have the ball he's even more of a liability.  when he's in a 2 its almost impossible for us to retain possession.  You can see the other players reluctance to give him the ball.  He a complete liability and would almost play anyone in there in front of him.

Im struggling with the obsession of moving Iorfa around.  His and Borner partnership is the one big success of this season and should never ever be broken up if we can help it.  He shouldn't be shifted to right back or midfield.  FFS we've somehow stumbled across an amazing centre half and some people want to shift him into midfield, its crazy. 

18 hours ago, Mishowl said:

He is rubbish but one of the worst to put on a Wednesday shirt? Really?

Pound for pound Carlos is the worst manager in our history. Spent more money then anyone else and left us in a worse league position than Stuart Gray. And by the way, the current financial debacle is down to Carlos’ horrific signings. 

Do you really think Carlos was the one making the signings?

And even if he was, that’s a failing from DC in not having anyone in charge of player recruitment and sales.

Carlos is a coach. Coaches can have an input but shouldn’t have the final say in player recruitment

Just for balance, Bannan was playing just in front of the defence against Blackburn. His defensive stats for that game were:

Total Tackles 0

Interceptions 0

Clearances 0

BlockedShots 0

Fouls - 1

You can argue that Pelupesseys stats are against a bottom 3 side, but the Blackburn game was at home and for me those stats are unforgivable.

(and for balance again, guess how many shots, dribbles and key passes he made.... yep 0)

Now go back through the thread and look at the comments such as pub league and accepting mediocrity.

7 minutes ago, Miffed said:

Just for balance, Bannan was playing just in front of the defence against Blackburn. His defensive stats for that game were:

Total Tackles 0

Interceptions 0

Clearances 0

BlockedShots 0

Fouls - 1

You can argue that Pelupesseys stats are against a bottom 3 side, but the Blackburn game was at home and for me those stats are unforgivable.

(and for balance again, guess how many shots, dribbles and key passes he made.... yep 0)

Now go back through the thread and look at the comments such as pub league and accepting mediocrity.

Bannan isn’t a holding midfielder, Pelupessey is.

Against Blackburn we were down to 10 men very early on, against Barnsley we weren’t.

Bannan has shown over his time at Wednesday that he can perform at Championship level, he’s been arguably one of our best players over the last few seasons and so fans are more forgiving when he has an off day as all players do have them.

Saturday however was just another in a long line of substandard performances from Pelupessey as he continues to show week in week out that he simply is not good enough to play Championship football.

There’s a world of difference.

21 minutes ago, Miffed said:

Total Tackles 0

Interceptions 0

Clearances 0

BlockedShots 0

Fouls - 1

Bannan has a bad game or two. Pulyerpussy is having a bad career.

Find it remarkable we still have fans defending Joey p , I really don’t understand what you see and want , it’s as if your happy to pay £35 week in week and see a poor player play . Im

not disputing Joey p might be a nice guy and have a good attitude but he’s simply not good enough to play championship football for a side like us who are trying to aim for promotion. most of us could turn up week in week out and try and have a good attitude, lol

1 hour ago, Beholder said:

We got worse after JP went off on Saturday.

Just to play devils advocate

I’ll add to it...

Our record with Joey playing is not as bad as we might think.

Wigan home Won 1-0

Leeds home Drew 0-0

Blackburn away drawing 0-0 when he was subbed 

Wigan away Lost 2–1 

Millwall home Drew 0-0

Barnsley away Drew 1-1

So one defeat in his six games.

He played in a midfield 3 v Wigan (H) and Blackburn. In the other 4 games he just partnered Bannan.

3 hours ago, TrickyTrev said:

Bannan isn’t a holding midfielder, Pelupessey is.

I'm not convinced - before he joined us he was dictating play for his previous side, even scoring a worldy as I recall from those posting youtube videos.

Edited by Salmonbones

Again he failed to make a single tackle tonight! He is absolutely the reason we continually lose the battle to control the game! I don’t care that he was on the subs bench, we can’t blame Bannan and Lee is my favourite player so it’s Joey again that gets my kick up the Harris!