Tackles made by Joey Pelupessey yesterday....

8 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

There is a dearth of quality non nonsense defenders in modern football across many leagues but that statement about viewing hundreds before landing on the one we chose was unreal. 

It was total gonads that's why. In reality, he signed who his advisor told him, and spunked another big cheque up the wall in my view.

And people still believe we are well run.

1 hour ago, Lord Snooty said:

We all know he isnt good enough.

It's like coming in from the rain and saying.

"It's wet out"

Everyone knows.

Still. It's an easy one to point out I suppose. 

Papers over the other cracks.

He did win a tackle mind,  on woodrow. 

1580596632_2020-02-0910_25_32.png.3f5a2cec5a1e74c15401115b5a309061.png

Nevertheless 

Hang the bastærd! 

I’m pretty sure that was actually a foul, if I remember correctly it was near the half way line in front of the dug outs, very early in the match.

35 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

Spot on.

We have to stop accepting mediocrity because they are good blokes.

Bully, Big Dave, Joey, Reach, Palmer, Foxy, Dawson etc.  The club is littered with triers who aren't good enough.

You list 6 players there who "aren't good enough". All pretty much regulars in the squad.

Why do you then think we have "been pretty average overall" ?

If over a third of our regular squad isn't good enough surely we are punching at or even above our weight ?

Not having a go at you by the way, I mostly agree, but our fans expectations sometimes astounds me.

We aren't massive, sleeping giants, a big club or even promotion contenders. We are an average Championship squad with an outside chance of making the playoffs.

Much like 20 or so other teams in this division.

3 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

I’m pretty sure that was actually a foul, if I remember correctly it was near the half way line in front of the dug outs, very early in the match.

Nah, Struber was playing holding midfield in that photo.

Edited by marconi
  • Haha 1

Just now, Owlinmad said:

You list 6 players there who "aren't good enough". All pretty much regulars in the squad.

Why do you then think we have "been pretty average overall" ?

If over a third of our regular squad isn't good enough surely we are punching at or even above our weight ?

Not having a go at you by the way, I mostly agree, but our fans expectations sometimes astounds me.

We aren't massive, sleeping giants, a big club or even promotion contenders. We are an average Championship squad with an outside chance of making the playoffs.

Much like 20 or so other teams in this division.

But that can't be right ?

DC told us if we kept paying these stupid rip off Premier league prices, we'd get what we paid for ?

Are you saying we've paid them for 5 years, eliminated POTG and new fans, for a struggling Championship squad ?

That's fraud surely ?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, TrickyTrev said:

Zero.

Surely this can’t be right?

If this stat is correct that’s absolutely pathetic for a holding midfielder. I’ve said it time and time again, he’s a dreadful player and shouldn’t be anywhere near our starting 11.

458AD292-F47A-4C09-813D-5D0B35E9E2D2.jpeg

This guy is league 2 at best. Monk must swallow his pride until end of season and play Hutchinson. A midfield of Bannan and Pelupessy is disastrous. Lucky it was only Barnsley yesterday as most sides would tear them apart.

2 hours ago, TrickyTrev said:

Zero.

Surely this can’t be right?

If this stat is correct that’s absolutely pathetic for a holding midfielder. I’ve said it time and time again, he’s a dreadful player and shouldn’t be anywhere near our starting 11.

458AD292-F47A-4C09-813D-5D0B35E9E2D2.jpeg

I looked at stats on bbc football and it said he had conceded 3 fouls by the 12th minute so surprised it only ended with 4...unless he got subbed after 15 mins! We keep persevering with some poo when there's better quality in the squad. 

Funny isn’t it, I got negged on here by a poster for saying I’d stick Urhoghide in midfield yesterday, as his former Wimbledon coach said defensive midfield would be his best position. Instead we picked someone who made zero tackles. 

But it’s all about opinions 

3 minutes ago, Owls-Fan said:

Funny isn’t it, I got negged on here by a poster for saying I’d stick Urhoghide in midfield yesterday, as his former Wimbledon coach said defensive midfield would be his best position. Instead we picked someone who made zero tackles. 

There's days on here when getting negged means you're probably on the right lines..:tango:

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Owls-Fan said:

No way could he be any worse than Joey no tackles.

To get back on track...

He averages 1.1 tackles per 90 minutes this season. 1.8 fouls.

And 0.3 key passes.

Apparently he has made 1 decent pass in his 550 minutes over 9 games but I cant remember it.

To be fair to the poster it is kind of unbelievable.

14 minutes ago, Nero said:

To get back on track...

He averages 1.1 tackles per 90 minutes this season. 1.8 fouls.

And 0.3 key passes.

Apparently he has made 1 decent pass in his 550 minutes over 9 games but I cant remember it.

To be fair to the poster it is kind of unbelievable.

0.3 Key passes....and 1.1 tackles per f.ookin' game!!!

Does he have another part time job and we don't notice him nip off to it?

Guest LittleG
2 hours ago, Animis said:

This is the problem - we're conditioned to accept mediocrity, and fans go along with it, almost defending the indefensible.

Just because he's a good character around the group doesn't give him the right to line up in midfield. If this was the case Stan Boardman would have replaced Carlton Palmer in midfield in the league cup final. 

This is true, that's why some fans even want to offer Nuihu a new contract