Tackles made by Joey Pelupessey yesterday....

13 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Reminds me this of the Ashley Westwood times.

One  of the lowest paid players, clearly not  good enough player , but who tries gets slaughtered. 

While well paid players , who should be good enough and who don't get near their potential get a free pass. 

It's the way of things I suppose. 

Nothing changes

Nobody is slaughtering him though, just commenting critically on his performances. This is a forum about SWFC, what do you expect us to do, ignore how he is playing and move on, nothing to see here?

As for Ashley Westwood trying, I saw him walk off in the Sheffield derby when we had already made 3 subs, yes he was carrying a knock but it wasn't so serious, think he played the next game.

Saying that we were probably better off without him.

Guest Bulgaria
40 minutes ago, Drewswfc said:

Sounds about right to me. I honestly think weve got 2 regulars at the moment who are conference level, Joey's 1, I'll let you lot decide the other. 

Your going to have to give me more clues as it could be anyone of the regulars right now!

8 minutes ago, oldishowl said:

It’s like the usual weekly thread complaining that Atty is too slow.

It’s as if people expect him to be quicker than he was last week.

It's not the same though is it? Yes it is pointless talking about Nuhiu's lack of pace but he does at least bring some other attributes to the fore (sometimes!).

If Joey can't tackle and his pass success rate is less than 60% even when he rarely tries to pass it further than 10 yards square, what is he bringing?

14 minutes ago, Animis said:

Allegedly - and this is the problem with the last 3 years. We appear to have had a rump of 'senior' players doing what they please. This wouldn't happen at Bramhall Lane and is why we are drifting around in the same position as when DC came to Hillsborough 5 years ago and yet he's £100m poorer.

Absolutely bang on the money. Arguably United’s most creative player over the last 3 years Mark Duffy (plus huge fan favourite) came in demanding a new contract. Did he get one? No.

He got slung out on loan to Stoke where he struggled and then ADO Den Haag. Threw away his chance of playing in the Premier League because of greed. At Wednesday he would have ended up with a £50k a week 5 year deal. 

1 minute ago, Mr Farrell said:

You think it's unreasonable to expect Joey in his role as a holding midfielder, to make more than zero tackles in a game  ?

I think you have just defined Apologism.

garymegson

Where have I said that.

I just don’t see the point in moaning about something that ain’t going to change.

Everybody knows he is not good enough and shouldn’t be playing.

Moaning about it ain’t going to turn him into Roy Keane.

It’s like moaning because the wife always gets her way , it ain’t going to change.

Just now, hirstyboywonder said:

It's not the same though is it? Yes it is pointless talking about Nuhiu's lack of pace but he does at least bring some other attributes to the fore (sometimes!).

If Joey can't tackle and his pass success rate is less than 60% even when he rarely tries to pass it further than 10 yards square, what is he bringing?

The world has gone mad.

Is someone really defending a holding midfielder not making a single tackle ?

:tango:

• Haha 1

Just now, oldishowl said:

Where have I said that.

I just don’t see the point in moaning about something that ain’t going to change.

It’s like moaning because the wife always gets her way , it ain’t going to change.

It's a forum.

People are discussing a stat (zero tackles) that is actually quite amazing.

I don't ever remember a holding midfielder making zero tackles in a game.

Perhaps if you could post a list of topics we are allowed to discuss, we could meet with your approval.

:1276983839_MonkHome:

4 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Not a lot.

But we all knew that before yesterday 

13 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Nobody is slaughtering him though, just commenting critically on his performances. This is a forum about SWFC, what do you expect us to do, ignore how he is playing and move on, nothing to see here?

I just think if a shît player is playing shît it's obvious.

If a good player is playing shît there is something to think about.

Probably just me.

Either way. Not matter soon enough.

Monk will be he gone and we can bring Hutchinson and Westwood back in to lead us to glory 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, oldishowl said:

Where have I said that.

This forum has us praising players, staff, the club etc when things go well and moaning about players, staff, club etc. when things go badly.

It's all about opinions and putting forward our points about the club we love but if you are posting here in order to make any dramatic changes to anything, the majority of the time that aint gonna happen. 

1 minute ago, Mr Farrell said:

It's a forum.

People are discussing a stat (zero tackles) that is actually quite amazing.

I don't ever remember a holding midfielder making zero tackles in a game.

Perhaps if you could post a list of topics we are allowed to discuss, we could meet with your approval.

:1276983839_MonkHome:

Discuss what you want mate.

My opinion is it’s a waste of time , and like any forum I am entitled to my opinion.

As for a holding midfielder not making any tackles, you have absolutely no idea whether it has happened before.

And I am not for one minute defending Joey, he is not good enough.

3 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

I just think if a shît player is playing shît it's obvious.

If a good player is playing shît there is something to think about.

Probably just me.

Either way. Not matter soon enough.

Monk will be he gone and we can bring Hutchinson and Westwood back in to lead us to glory 

There have been plenty of threads about our good players not playing well.

The frustration is that Pelupessy continually gets picked and we hear about his great attitude around the group. That's great from a personal character perspective but what we need in the team is a footballer who is up to his job. 

13 minutes ago, Beholder said:

He reminds me very much of JoC

A very ineffective midfielder who tries really hard. 

Harsh on JoC.

Without trying to sound unkind, but he really is a terrible footballer, probably one of our worst since the turn of the century.

Can do absolutely nothing right. Even tackling (which is supposedly one of his strong points as a DM) he can’t get right and always just fouls his man. Positional sense is shocking, passing is shocking, I really wonder at times what he did to make it as a professional.

Forget League 1, he’s more a mid table League 2 player, at absolute best 

I am not defending his performance or otherwise as I have not seen it (being in Devon and having plans with the daughter meant I couldn't follow it) however I do have my thoughts on this.

He is a pro footballer. Regardless of what people feel his quality is, this is a fact. I would bet he knows he had a bad game, as much as he knows he has better games. As a pro he will work on what he needs to do better with the coaching team to ensure there is an improvement in the next match selected. This is what any professional would do.

We do have another, better, holding midfielder. Unfortunately, he has not demonstrated the aforementioned professionalism to take a poor performance on the chin and work on it (allegedly)

If you were managing the team would you prefer someone playing who was willing to listen and improve upon the performance or someone who squared up to you when you questioned the quality of performance?

Do we not give him the benefit of the doubt to improve and self-criticise? 

54 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

We all know he isnt good enough.

It's like coming in from the rain and saying.

"It's wet out"

Everyone knows.

Still. It's an easy one to point out I suppose. 

Papers over the other cracks.

He did win a tackle mind,  on woodrow. 

1580596632_2020-02-0910_25_32.png.3f5a2cec5a1e74c15401115b5a309061.png

Nevertheless 

Hang the bastærd! 

Wow amazing thing about this pic is that woodrow is standing up!

Must have fell to his knees just afterwards!!

1 hour ago, TrickyTrev said:

Zero tackles by a holding midfielder is absolutely abysmal.

The other players weren’t great but considering holding midfielders are there to break up attacks and make tackles I’d suggest they were much better than Pelupessey yesterday.

It’s been evident since he got here that he’s completely out of his depth at Championship level, dreadful player.

He broke up many attacks TT ... ours! lol

• Haha 1