MONK OUT!!! Total embarrassment

2 minutes ago, Markowski77 said:

This really is like Jos MKII

It is, though you've got to ask what it is about Hutch and Westwood that leads to them getting banished by two managers. 

We need to clear the decks and that may well include the manager too. 

Can't be a team playing poorer in the division right now. Utterly abject. 

5 minutes ago, SiJ said:

It is, though you've got to ask what it is about Hutch and Westwood that leads to them getting banished by two managers. 

I think they are very strong personalities which is needed and can be useful if managed right - Bruce managed to do it 

monk has now used every method in management going 

- unlucky

- not good enough

- need a response

- hairdryer treatment 

it’s clearly not working, he isn’t the man 

There's too many egos in the squad who think they are the big "I am".  Clearly Hutch and Westwood have been sacrificed because of this (by multiple managers now).  I'd also argue that Bannan and Fessi are in this basket but currently are too good to drop (or we simply have no better in Bannan's case).  

It's making my eyes bleed watching the football at the minute but I'm also prepared to give Monk the benefit of the doubt and to rebuild the squad from the ground up.  He's shown he's happy to play youngsters who are performing and he's tried to bring in some players in January (so far we wait to see how that goes).  My only concern is that it doesn't look like he can motivate the current crop.  Today is as bad as I've seen for a long time, and there has been some crap already this year.

Just not bothered...

4 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Maybe two senior players, with a huge amount of experience and decent footballing brains, feel that, as part of their love of the club and their understanding of the game, it’s actually helpful to suggest to the manager that playing Bannan and Pellupessy in central midfield together isn’t going to work. 

• Haha 2

Just now, Dexter Morgan said:

again? What is it with those 2, Jos had the same problem iirc, why were they ok with Bruce? 

Bruce is a different kind of manager.  He lets his coaches do the coaching then pics the team on a Saturday.  Jos and Monk are coaches who are involved in the training and with the squad day to day.  They'll see what's going on at the training ground every day. 

• Thanks 1

Just not bothered...

Just now, Freshfish said:

Maybe two senior players, with a huge amount of experience and decent footballing brains, feel that, as part of their love of the club and their understanding of the game, it’s actually helpful to suggest to the manager that playing Bannan and Pellupessy in central midfield together isn’t going to work. 

I've heard it all now! WTF:

• Haha 1

Just not bothered...

Guest Theboylangers
13 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Tbf, I have been told the exact same thing. 

Banished to the Under 23s (for training). 

What a kerfuffle. 

Caffufel actually. 

lol

Thought Monk might get a tune out of this squad but we seem to be gradually getting worse.

Our players seem clueless?

What’s our style of play?

When do we ever make tactical changes in a match? 

Fall outs with key experienced players?

This lays with Monk. His interviews are pretty much the same each week (as are most managers to be fair) But im still waiting for the reaction he promised after getting hammered 5-0 at home to Blackburn? Yes 5-0 at home to Blackburn.

7 minutes ago, SiJ said:

A situation like that, isn’t ideal, but it doesn’t explain a clear lack of any sort of plan. People are quick to use the excuse that these players are responsible for our, generally, lacklustre performances, when they’re not even playing It’s always the old guard who are letting us down, ignoring the fact that in most games, the majority of those playing weren’t even around then 

As I mentioned, some players do need to go, and probably will once their contracts run down. They are not the reason for these lethargic performances. Today was a classic example, no ambition to take the game to them, even though it was a completely different front four

• Like 1

1 hour ago, handworth52 said:

Unfortunatly some of our supporters aint got a clue , there are serious problems in the club , westwood is causing huge problems , so is hutchinson heard from a good sourse they have come to blows , im not saying monk is the man long term but most of the problems are here before he arrived. Give me a way out of this and an alternative and i will listen , nobody until the summer can sort this out . The damage can be serious and long term unless players management supporters are as one . We need to stay up its vital. 

Weird that, because when we were doing well both Westwood and Hutchinson were in the team.

I've heard from a good "sourse" you are talking cr*Ap

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

We've been bloody dreadful.

Still think we'll finish 10-14th where I thought we would.

Not a phrase I like. But this squad.....It is what it is. 

Thing for me snoots is the footballs crap the efforts crap. I’ve no promble with us finishing mid table but I want to enjoy going to games. But I don’t. 

4 hours ago, TINGLE75 said:

It would be the same old story. Sack him, good old Bullen takes over for a few games until we got someone else and the cycle begins again. Pointless

They need to clean the decks clear the whole first team staff. This is becoming a joke. Gave him benefit of the doubt at first but this squad needs reshaping in the summer and Monk is not the man to do it. Shocking on and off the field !

Guest Ferkorf
1 hour ago, kobayashi said:

But keep the crap manager?

Get a better manager and you get better players...including some of the ones you already have.

We have had about 5 managers already.

We dont get better players because we cant spend any money and we wont attract them because we have the Efl balls deep in us

54 minutes ago, mattitheowl said:

Bruce is a different kind of manager.  He lets his coaches do the coaching then pics the team on a Saturday.  Jos and Monk are coaches who are involved in the training and with the squad day to day.  They'll see what's going on at the training ground every day. 

Yet manage to produce god awful football despite all this time on the training ground coaching the players!!!!

14 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

They need to clean the decks clear the whole first team staff. This is becoming a joke. Gave him benefit of the doubt at first but this squad needs reshaping in the summer and Monk is not the man to do it. Shocking on and off the field !

He finks hes the man.