MONK OUT!!! Total embarrassment

Not for one second am I going to demand Monk is sacked over a 1-1 draw, problems at this club start right at the very top and that man seems to avoid criticism from our fans.

We need to find a way of playing that creates chances, we was very effective playing direct with Fletcher but still we struggle to unlock teams. Especially at Hillsborough. 

Most importantly. The players need some confidence. They all look scared to make a mistake, can’t put 2 passes together. It’s just control it and whack it upfield and then it’s not my problem. Players need to be brave. 

Guest Ferkorf
2 hours ago, TINGLE75 said:

It would be the same old story. Sack him, good old Bullen takes over for a few games until we got someone else and the cycle begins again. Pointless

This!

Get shut of the players...

Every last one don't care if they are fan favourites or not.

We really need to change things up massively this summer to get this engine started again

14 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

So what do we do ? Let’s get that list of managers out again like when Bruce left , give me one name ? Who’s achievable ? 

Why not put Hutchinson in charge he seems to know all the answers , he played for Chelsea ya know ...  don’t shout at him it’s not allowed 

It’s not easy getting the right man that’s for sure but if the answer was just giving the wrong manager 4 transfer windows then it wouldn’t matter. Give Monk as long as you want but he won’t become a good manager.

1 hour ago, KivoOwl said:

Monk is an average manager, with an average set of players, so we're mid-table. Not sure what anyone expects tbh. Only problem would be if we get a points deduction because we'll be back in League 1.

Fans are desperate for PL football after two decades out of it, and we're paying the highest ticket prices in the second tier in order to get there, but we can't compete at the top end - plain and simple. That's not all down to Garry Monk.

What fans expect is a squad like ours to at least do the basics right and put in respectable performances regardless of the opposition. Such inconsistency is bewildering.

In fairness to Barnsley I've seen a fair few of their games this season and whilst some of their defending has been poor, offensively they cause problems for most teams in this division.

As much as I don’t particularly think Monk is the man to take us forward he has to be able to bring his own coaches in. Really can’t think of many other clubs that get a manager in but don’t allow him to bring their own people in to work with. Just one more shocking decision from DC. 

6 minutes ago, Ferkorf said:

This!

We really need to change things up massively this summer to get this engine started again

More than half of the team have been changed in the last 14 months.

Unfortunatly some of our supporters aint got a clue , there are serious problems in the club , westwood is causing huge problems , so is hutchinson heard from a good sourse they have come to blows , im not saying monk is the man long term but most of the problems are here before he arrived. Give me a way out of this and an alternative and i will listen , nobody until the summer can sort this out . The damage can be serious and long term unless players management supporters are as one . We need to stay up its vital. 

31 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

Bruce  1.61 points for game at a meaningless time of the season, we were safe and couldn’t go up and down.

Not quite, we had an outside chance up until the Villa game, we were a bit unlucky to lose that...then bruce thought foook this i'm off...just need an excuse

Guest Jack the Hat
2 hours ago, james o connor said:

So it’s not the fact the players are crap then ? 

They are the same player who were doing ok for Bruce. 

5 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

As much as I don’t particularly think Monk is the man to take us forward he has to be able to bring his own coaches in. Really can’t think of many other clubs that get a manager in but don’t allow him to bring their own people in to work with. Just one more shocking decision from DC. 

Hopefully means he only sees monk as a stop gap until the end of the season. He took ages appointing a manager so was obviously not really sold on any of the options. 

Guest Ferkorf
4 minutes ago, kobayashi said:

More than half of the team have been changed in the last 14 months.

Yeh and they are just as gash....

Thats why i said get rid of the lot..

Lol

1 minute ago, handworth52 said:

Unfortunatly some of our supporters aint got a clue , there are serious problems in the club , westwood is causing huge problems , so is hutchinson heard from a good sourse they have come to blows , im not saying monk is the man long term but most of the problems are here before he arrived. Give me a way out of this and an alternative and i will listen , nobody until the summer can sort this out . The damage can be serious and long term unless players management supporters are as one . We need to stay up its vital. 

Players coming to blows in training is nothing new and sometimes not always a bad thing. 

Alternatives?

There are very few....

What I expect now is about 6 games of ...

Can Windass play with Winnall?

can Wickham play with Windass?

Can Winnall play with Wickham?

can Wickham Windass and Wickham play?

what about Jordan Rhodes?

Its infuriating.

I can pick 8 of 'em wiv a "W" and a  lisp...

Westwood

Weach

Whodes

Winnall

Wickham

Fowestieri

Hawwis

Maybe thats the way fowards...?

Edited by asteener1867

2 minutes ago, handworth52 said:

But the players available to choose from today really should be good enough to beat Barnsley, or minimum perform well and be held to an unlucky draw.  

We were worse than Barnsley today

46 minutes ago, gizowl said:

Is Monk only on a 1 year contract ?, if this is true and  Chansiri wouldn't allow him to bring in his own backroom staff it makes you wonder how safe his job is.

Interesting to know if the fact that so many of our underperforming “stars” being out of contract in the summer is also sowing the seeds of discontent. Nowt to play for is probably the thought in many of their minds.

13 minutes ago, Ferkorf said:

This!

Presumably that includes all those we’ve signed since Jos? So it’s crazy to keep changing managers, but OK to turnover 50 players in the same period of time. 

Sack him. Can't change all the players and he has shown NOTHING since he came in. Crap to watch boring and negative. Just stupidly baught another season ticket ! 

Look for new manager NOW take your time over next few months and get them in so they can have a full pre season. This season is over and he needs to be over. Mistake unfortunately but cut losses n move on. I want to be challenging and entertained that's why I've paid a lot of money YET AGAIN. Don't take us for granted.

14 minutes ago, Owls-Fan said:

But the players available to choose from today really should be good enough to beat Barnsley, or minimum perform well and be held to an unlucky draw.  

We were worse than Barnsley today

We aint a midfield to start with , dawson needs dropping but for who westwod who needs sacking or wildsmith probably the worst keeper ever ,watch u23s and you will know why he can be picked. The problems in the club are extremely worrying,  we have bannan westwood rhodes who we are going nowhere contracted until 2021 taking 5 million in wages . We have hutchinson in effect sacked , getting full pay till summer ,  loads of other problems on and off the pitch . I just want a club in 2 years i will leave it at that.