MONK OUT!!! Total embarrassment

10 minutes ago, thewookieisdown said:

Yep. There are obviously deeper problems, but it can be the case that in general the club is badly led but also specifically the first team manager isn't up to the job. 

People talk about this being the set of players that failed three and four years ago. But that's daft. If Monk could produce a team that reached the play off two years running, he'd not have done a bad job. This has never looked a play off squad to me, but it has certainly looked like an upper mid table squad. I think he is getting both performances and now results which are weaker than the resource available. Quite a lot weaker. 

We are 11th out of 24 and a 1 game swing away from 8th place. If that’s not upper mid table then I don’t know what is. We are exactly where we should be.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, quinnssweetshop said:

25 league games and he has a worse record than Jos after his first 25 league games.

37 points out of 25 games for Jos

33 points out of 25 games for Monk

And yet after 18 league games, Monk had a better record than Bruce during his 18 games in charge:

29 points out of 18 games for Bruce

30 points out of 18 games for Monk

Hopefully the new signings will help us rediscover our previous form and we can look forward to next season with a bit of optimism.

Club has got a big summer coming up with a bit of an overhaul of the squad and plenty of new players coming in.
If the club doesnt feel Monk his the man to carry that out then best moving him on now and giving new manager more time to asses what is needed.
Not sure who else we could get better out there so I would stick with Monk.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, The Horse said:

Well I still have a feeling he'll see us reyt.

Can see him being a modern day Wilko.

We won't be pretty but we'll be fit, strong and give 100% every game.

It'll take a while to come through whilst he juggles a bonkers owner, egos and bullies in the dressing room and a demanding fan base but no other bugger wanted to take the job in a hurry.

I think he's got a determination to prove a point and will build a hungry, younger and much more competitive squad next season. 

Fit strong and give 100 percent. Have you watched us recently. That’s exactly we are not!

Guest The Horse
7 minutes ago, Plonk said:

Fit strong and give 100 percent. Have you watched us recently. That’s exactly we are not!

Impossible to do with a squad that has been molly coddled and if the Westwood rumours are to be believed, some of whom can turn up to training on their own clock.

It's why he looks so frustrated and singles Fox out as being a dedicated pro.

My reading of that is that most of the others are not.

When people said training under Carlos was more like going to a holiday camp, I can believe it now. 

Monk demands more and he's not getting it for the most cos they don't like being worked or being told what to do is how I'm seeing it from his interviews.

It's gonna take at least the summer to sweep a lot of the old guard's culture out of the door.

If things are the same a few months into next season, then fair enough.

But I'm reserving full judgement on him until then.

56 minutes ago, 83owl said:

We are 11th out of 24 and a 1 game swing away from 8th place. If that’s not upper mid table then I don’t know what is. We are exactly where we should be.

Yes, well obviously I can see that. 11th was roughly where I thought we'd finish.

So perhaps it might occur to you I am making a different point.

On 08/02/2020 at 15:26, Markowski77 said:

Monk Out - these have been some of the worst performances I have witnessed - even more so than jos

the players tactically have no clue what they are meant to be doing or playing - his played 4 up top - with no idea what do to with them or how to get the ball to them

and these so called responses - give me a break 

the man is a fraud 

we’ve just been outplayed by an awful Barnsley team 

awful 

WAWAW

Yeah!, the players have been great and consistant over the last 4 seasons and 4 managers.

40 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Club has got a big summer coming up with a bit of an overhaul of the squad and plenty of new players coming in.
If the club doesnt feel Monk his the man to carry that out then best moving him on now and giving new manager more time to asses what is needed.

Yet another 5 months wasted, then sack the manager, AGAIN.

Monk needs his own people around him Beattie etc .....before passing judgment..........Bruce needed the two Steve’s to sort it out ...Monk needs people round him he can trust to back him up

Edited by Hughdowd
Missed word

24 minutes ago, Kanye West said:

I would at least give Monk until Christmas.

Let him get rid of the deadwood in the summer and build his own squad.

Have you seen any signs so far, that he is the man to do that? I haven’t, nothing at all. Even though I had huge reservations about appointing Monk in the first place, it’s in all our interests that he makes a success of the job. Nothing encouraging so far, and not enough to entrust him with a rebuild

1 hour ago, matthefish2002 said:

Agree with this apart from the last sentence.

Monks record and experience, due to lots of short term roles, in the transfer market is very questionable. I don’t think he’s the right man to be leading a full overhaul of this squad. In addition he’s going to be doing it with half the fan base (judging by posts on here) not happy with him, which is always going to be an uphill battle.

Not sure who the right person is, but Chansiri should be looking at the market now.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, boxing_day said:

Agree with this apart from the last sentence.

Monks record and experience, due to lots of short term roles, in the transfer market is very questionable. I don’t think he’s the right man to be leading a full overhaul of this squad. In addition he’s going to be doing it with half the fan base (judging by posts on here) not happy with him, which is always going to be an uphill battle.

Not sure who the right person is, but Chansiri should be looking at the market now.

You should never,ever take notice of what owlstalk thinks should happen to a manager.

On 08/02/2020 at 17:29, 2roland2 said:

Bruce  1.61 points for game at a meaningless time of the season, we were safe and couldn’t go up and down.

monk 1.48 per game after taking over in a great position, that will drop down from 1.48  because it’s only a point today 

that aside you could see what bruce was trying to build, no one no matter how supportive of monk can honestly say they can see what we are trying to do.

Jos had a period where in 22 games (10 at the end of 17/18 season and first 12 games of 18/19 season) where he won 39 points. that was 1.77 points per game, yet it all went t*ts up for him just like carlos and monk.

It's clear the players seem to quit on the managers whenever they feel like it, as monk's tactics were working fine when we were sitting 3rd.

and with the rumours of there being more unrest with westwood and hutchinson again, i think Monk needs till at least the start of next season to move off all the deadwood and start to try and rebuild the team.

My obvious concern is that DC will hardball teams again and we'll be stuck with a number of players who should be gone, leaving Monk probably helpless and sacked, and some new manager will have the same issues.

34 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Have you seen any signs so far, that he is the man to do that? I haven’t, nothing at all. Even though I had huge reservations about appointing Monk in the first place, it’s in all our interests that he makes a success of the job. Nothing encouraging so far, and not enough to entrust him with a rebuild

Carlos, Jos, Bullen and now Monk. How many times are we going to get rid of managers, keep the same team and still hope for better results?

Edited by Kanye West

On 08/02/2020 at 15:26, Markowski77 said:

Monk Out - these have been some of the worst performances I have witnessed - even more so than jos

the players tactically have no clue what they are meant to be doing or playing - his played 4 up top - with no idea what do to with them or how to get the ball to them

and these so called responses - give me a break 

the man is a fraud 

we’ve just been outplayed by an awful Barnsley team 

awful 

WAWAW

Can't really argue with that pal. He is a fraud and so are most of the players we put on long term deals. Dawson being the latest one to work hard to get a deal then sit back and not give a monkey's. We need a new squad it's as simple as that. None of the players could really be classed as good players I'd say average at best and that includes the manager. Sad times ahead.

27 minutes ago, Kanye West said:

Carlos, Jos, Bullen and now Monk. How many times are we going to get rid of managers, keep the same team and still hope for better results?

I know what you mean, but if the manager is wrong, you can’t persist. Every manager, including Carlos, has been hamstrung by the clubs short term approach. Maybe Bruce was the type of manager we needed to see us through this situation, getting on with things, while trying to shape the future  Unfortunately, he fooked off, but I have no confidence in Monk’s ability to take the club forward

12 hours ago, The Horse said:

Well I still have a feeling he'll see us reyt.

Can see him being a modern day Wilko.

We won't be pretty but we'll be fit, strong and give 100% every game.

It'll take a while to come through whilst he juggles a bonkers owner, egos and bullies in the dressing room and a demanding fan base but no other bugger wanted to take the job in a hurry.

I think he's got a determination to prove a point and will build a hungry, younger and much more competitive squad next season. 

And the moon is made of green cheese